God's Faithfulness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lar1958

Feb 2, 2021
3-in-1 EZ Glider Patent Pending
I am writing an extraordinary story of the agony of defeat to the thrill of victory that I will publish on Booksie once I sell one of my patents. This is premature but I am standing on my faith which has taken me twelve years to mature.

I have been chasing my dream of becoming an inventor for twelve years and it has led me through hell for the past eleven years. It all started when I was diligently seeking God and I came up with an idea for a crown molding system. I was positive that it was patentable, and that God was with me. So, I quit an excellent paying job at Pratt and started a journey that took me through hell in more ways than one. God did not tell me to quit my job but after I walked away, He did promise me a patent. He did not tell me that it would take me eleven years of great hardship, pain, and misery to say the least. After going through years of failure with ideas that I thought would work, I became depressed and started abusing drugs. After being diagnosed with bipolar disorder and given meds along with weed addition I had, I experienced heluations that left me shaking. Only my family knew of my bipolar disorder, but I managed to hide my hopelessness, despair, drug abuse, hallucinations, helplessly defeated, attempted suicide and my maladaptive daydreaming. I spent years blaming God and running away from Him, but He never gave up on me which is mind boggling.

It has been four years without the weed, smokes and I have been going to the gym which helps to fight off the bipolarism. There is also diet and prayer that make this disease manageable. On Ash Wednesday I decided to do a forty day fast in order to draw closer to God but after starting and stopping three times, I only fasted a total of twenty-eight days. I figure that I failed at this as well and on Easter Sunday my boss text me that I was laid off starting immediately. I prayed To God for Him to give something to do whereas four years earlier when I was laid off from a different job. I spent a year in depression which led me to attempt suicide. Monday morning, I woke up and found myself looking at wooden brain teasers in Google images. After ten minutes of this I had an image of a bench that converted into a picnic table that I had seen once years earlier. I than found a nine second video on YouTube of a bench like this and went to work building one. A nine second video is not long: it only showed it opening into a picnic table. This was incredibly challenging to get angles and pivot points right in order to make it work. It took me three days to figure it out after pausing and playing this video hundreds of times. You might not believe this part but during this time is when God told me to make it a glider as well. I did not think it was possible. But after doing a patent search, I realized that it was patentable, and persistence paid off a couple days after that. In a three-week period, I came up with three patents which I give all the credit to Jesus. The number three is significant in the bible, it represents restoration and resurrection. Jonah spent three days in the whale before he was restored, and Jesus was resurrected on the third day at the age of thirty-three. You can call me crazy, but God has promised to restore everything that I lost over the past twelve years and after a quick calculation I came up with $400,000 loss of wages and pension in this time frame. Although I have learned that we do not need much money to survive in this world and material things are not important anymore. Family is everything and I am extremely fortunate to have a loving wife that stood by me through all my shenanigans over the past thirty -eight years. Jennifer deserves this and much more for being an incredibly special lady who always believed in me. I finally realize my calling and that Is to help and encourage people to seek Jesus because I am convinced that the gift of salvation is greater than the gift of life. Not to mention that He is faithful with His promises and the one that I recall to mind is Plasm 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
God Bless

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Thanks for sharing.