God's love

• Thread starter radical_christian
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radical_christian

How does God display His love for us? (Sending Jesus? Ordinary stuff?)
I don't want to be judgmental but I think that if Christians were deeply rooted and if they deeply believed in God's love their relationship with God would be so much better and their lives would change dramatically. Today, I began to think the way I use my time and my actions show how God does not seem to be a priority to my life. However, I plan to change that. With God's grace, I plan to invest more time in my relationship with Him and keep falling in love with Him. Please pray for me.

May God richly bless you all.

Thanks in advance.

*When I say their relationship with God would be better, I mean that some would not try to find refuge in drugs or premarital sex and worldly stuff like that. I hope you understand what I mean.

A

Aliciaforjesus

How does God display His love for us? (Sending Jesus? Ordinary stuff?)
I don't want to be judgmental but I think that if Christians were deeply rooted and if they deeply believed in God's love their relationship with God would be so much better and their lives would change dramatically. Today, I began to think the way I use my time and my actions show how God does not seem to be a priority to my life. However, I plan to change that. With God's grace, I plan to invest more time in my relationship with Him and keep falling in love with Him. Please pray for me.

May God richly bless you all.

Thanks in advance.

*When I say their relationship with God would be better, I mean that some would not try to find refuge in drugs or premarital sex and worldly stuff like that. I hope you understand what I mean.
I agree with you 100%
It is all about the Love,
When you start loving others, and you realize it's not all about you, it's about loving others the way God loves you, you will find more love than you could ever think.
You will even have signs and wonders follow you where ever you go!
God shows up when you choose to love!

B

become_the_generation

Oh its fa sho all about actions!!! Like, before I started to understand God's love (and its not like anybody can really understand it anyways), crazy stuff started to happen!!! Its all about living for God. Something that God was speaking to me yesterday is that just like bees swarm to fresh fruit because of its irrisitable sweetness, we have to make sure the fruit of our lives is like that! Are the fruit of the Spirit shining through in our lives, attracting others to it because its irristable? Do people come to us because Jesus' love and grace is evident in out lives? Ah man, I love it when God shows me this stuff!!! Lol, its awesome :) Anyways, thought I would share :) Have a great day everybody!!!

H

Harley_Angel

Oh man, God continues to bless me every day. He has made it so there is no doubt in my heart that He exists. You know, this was awesome. The other day, I was driving home from work, and I was absolutely attacked my a demon of doubt. I'm not one to throw around "i've been attacked my a demon!!!!" but I was listening to a Christian rock station, and out of the blue, I just couldn't stand the music any more, like it had gone sour to my ears. Then, this little tick in the back of my head started doubting if God was even real or if I was just being stupid and naive needing to justify my existance and needing to cling to a religious figure to calm my mind about death. I KNEW this wasn't me, absolutely KNEW these were not my thoughts. I pushed those thoughts so far out of my mind so I could pray with a clear mind, and I did, I prayed and prayed and prayed. I asked God to put those demons out of me and to fill me so full of the Holy Spirit those demons wouldn't want to ever come back.

You know what happened? I felt warm, and happy, and kinda tingly and this song came on. The song was all about a girl doubting God's existance, doubting all the things I had just doubted, and then the chorus was her breaking through that doubt and finding absolute faith in God. Right after I prayed...if that isn't God helping me, showing me Love, holding me up when I feel down, I don't know what is.

He has also always given me the things I need. I stopped worrying about finances because every time I've ever started to worry, and get stressed, and get scared that I wouldn't be able to pay my bills or have the money to do this or that, God has provided the money to get it done. Sometimes the item I needed went on sale right when I needed it, sometimes someone who owed me money would get back to me, sometimes my dad would randomly call and tell me I was doing good in school so he put a couple bucks in my account, sometimes I would be offered to do a photography gig, sometiems it was even I just found a few bucks in my pocket or in the gutter. God has held my hand through EVERYTHING.

Sometimes I wish I could write down every time I feel God loving me, blessing me, holding me near to Him, and turn it into a book. If I did that, I'd have 1000 pages in a couple weeks and still have more to say!

A relationship with God is a thousand times better than one with the world (and this is coming from someone who was VERY much of the world until a few years ago). He's amazing, and loves us better than anything on this earth ever could.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The one thing God has shown me is that to know love one must love. God"s love is not shown only by the gift of Our Lord Jesus and his sacrifice but also that all he does is serve . I came to see throughout my life that by serving others, that if one wants to know love one must give love. If you keep waiting for proof of love it may be a long wait. The true proof of love is in the giving, not the recieving. God bless, pickles

H

HebrewsTwelve18-24

"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:39 NKJV

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1John4:7-11

God IS LOVE.... These words seem so small and so inadequate to describe the Love that is God. I do not think there are enough words, or words that can express the Love of God in any tongues of men nor angels!

Personally I am awed in wonder at the Living God who gave us His son so that we might live and know Him. In Hm we have a Father, a Friend, a Great High priest, a Councillor, a Great physician, an Intercessor who prays to the father for us, The Healer, Our Protector, Our Redeemer, Our righteous judge, Our Saviour, Our Refuge, Our Strength, Our Shield, Our Deliverer, Our Fortress in times of Trouble, Our Sanctifier, Our Prince of Peace, Our Hope and ever present help .... Our Saviour ....Our King.

He gives us strength when we are weak, He holds up up when we are down, He guides us and helps us in our every day, He helps us be MORE than overcommers, He gives us Peace in our heart when all else is in chaos, He comforts us in times of grief, he speaks to us sweet words when it seems we are alone, He chastens us when we wander off the path ...and even His chastening is Oh ..such a sweet sweet pain... He gives us light when it is dark, He clothes us in His righteousness and covers our sins stains, He gives us Hope when we feel Hopeless ... and... he has granted us eternal life if we will turn from our (sinful) ways and call upon Him in sweet surrender.

He empowers and protects us, helps us and guides us.... if we will only surrender all...
die to self and life for Him.
Praise the Lord! :)

jjkg

May 25, 2005
Oh man, God continues to bless me every day. He has made it so there is no doubt in my heart that He exists. You know, this was awesome. The other day, I was driving home from work, and I was absolutely attacked my a demon of doubt. I'm not one to throw around "i've been attacked my a demon!!!!" but I was listening to a Christian rock station, and out of the blue, I just couldn't stand the music any more, like it had gone sour to my ears. Then, this little tick in the back of my head started doubting if God was even real or if I was just being stupid and naive needing to justify my existance and needing to cling to a religious figure to calm my mind about death. I KNEW this wasn't me, absolutely KNEW these were not my thoughts. I pushed those thoughts so far out of my mind so I could pray with a clear mind, and I did, I prayed and prayed and prayed. I asked God to put those demons out of me and to fill me so full of the Holy Spirit those demons wouldn't want to ever come back.

You know what happened? I felt warm, and happy, and kinda tingly and this song came on. The song was all about a girl doubting God's existance, doubting all the things I had just doubted, and then the chorus was her breaking through that doubt and finding absolute faith in God. Right after I prayed...if that isn't God helping me, showing me Love, holding me up when I feel down, I don't know what is.
That's an awesome story, Harley!

May 21, 2009
God showed me how he loves today by sending a 16 yr old person who the Holy Spirit is working in them to make them closer to God. I love that and God loves that. God bless you as you continue on your journey. To learn that you need to put God first is something most Chrstians never learn. Praise God!!!!

Sep 27, 2009
I heard a fellow once explain how he would begin a prayer early in the day, and just keep the prayer “open all day.” He never stopped communicating with the Lord. Isn’t that what we are supposed to do?

Jan 8, 2009
Yes Bob, like the Catholic and protestant mystics, who are a great inspiration.

M

motojojo

Yes, to be a Mystic, who has over come the flesh and walks in holiness and truth with the spirit of God rushing threw you all day, that would be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.