1 Corinthians 3:16-17 "Don't you know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If any man defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him; for the temple of God is Holy, which temple you are."
I was reading this scripture a little while ago and it made me realize A LOT of things that I think I had forgotten about. I realized that I'm not in control of even my own life, because really…my life isn't my own. no matter how hard I try to claim ownership of it. And I am a temple of Gods Spirit, all believers are, and God says that His temple is Holy…meaning…we are Holy.
That doesn't mean that we can't defile the temple though and mess it up, because we are not yet perfect. Holy yes, perfect no. Whenever we sin, no matter what it is…we are doing it in the presence of Gods own Spirit and the angels that are around us. We are FAR from being alone and in secret. When we think "no one will ever know"… God already does because He is right there with you as you are contemplating it, and as you do it.
We are grieving the Holy Spirit by making Him dwell in a defiled, filthy temple, instead of the pure one that He is desiring. Have you been messing up His dwelling place and not making any effort to clean it up for Him? Or have you forgotten that Gods temple (the believer) is standing on Holy ground and we cant just cover His eyes when we wanna do our own thing. Its so amazing when we understand the truth of WHO we are IN CHRIST.
1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."
I was reading this scripture a little while ago and it made me realize A LOT of things that I think I had forgotten about. I realized that I'm not in control of even my own life, because really…my life isn't my own. no matter how hard I try to claim ownership of it. And I am a temple of Gods Spirit, all believers are, and God says that His temple is Holy…meaning…we are Holy.
That doesn't mean that we can't defile the temple though and mess it up, because we are not yet perfect. Holy yes, perfect no. Whenever we sin, no matter what it is…we are doing it in the presence of Gods own Spirit and the angels that are around us. We are FAR from being alone and in secret. When we think "no one will ever know"… God already does because He is right there with you as you are contemplating it, and as you do it.
We are grieving the Holy Spirit by making Him dwell in a defiled, filthy temple, instead of the pure one that He is desiring. Have you been messing up His dwelling place and not making any effort to clean it up for Him? Or have you forgotten that Gods temple (the believer) is standing on Holy ground and we cant just cover His eyes when we wanna do our own thing. Its so amazing when we understand the truth of WHO we are IN CHRIST.
1 Corinthians 6:19 "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;
you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."