God's word.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does God's word Change, depending on the generation?

• Never really thought about it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 2, 2010
Has God's word changed? Absolutely not! Have the scriptures (as we hold them to be) possibly seen some change(s) over time? That's very possible, and in some instances even probable. What must not be forgotten is that the purpose of scripture as we know it is to lead its readers into a relationship with God's ultimate revelation- His own Son, Jesus the Christ. Generations of early Christians lived and died without a copy of what we now know as the Bible, and likely 90% of the early Roman empire was illiterate anyway. While the written word serves today as perhaps the primary means of introduction to Jesus, the purpose has not changed, even after 2000 years. Scripture is not a substitute for relationship, but a means to beginning and understanding that relationship. Again, it is the means to an end, not the end of itself. Once you come to terms with this, it is easier to live with the fact that some parts of scripture may have been altered or that bias can be present in the translation of the manuscripts.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
VW your doctrine is STILL dangerously wrong

the ONLY defence against temptation is "Doctrine Resident in the Soul"

this is acquired over a period of time by Bible Study

THAT is what Jesus had to fall back on

to put it another way

even if you have God's Holy Spirit you have NO spiritual resources unless you have a history of spiritual groth through consistent Bible Study
This is not the teachings of Jesus.

S

Saint

VW your doctrine is STILL dangerously wrong

the ONLY defence against temptation is "Doctrine Resident in the Soul"

this is acquired over a period of time by Bible Study

THAT is what Jesus had to fall back on

to put it another way

even if you have God's Holy Spirit you have NO spiritual resources unless you have a history of spiritual groth through consistent Bible Study
but without the Spirit, you could have memorized the Bible and you still will be defenceless against temptation. we need both.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
If I had to chose between having correct doctrines or knowing Jesus Christ and the fellowship of His sufferings, I would choose the later every time. I spent years having the best doctrines without knowing Him, and it was worse than worthless, it was despicable. I pray for us with the apostle Paul that we not be deceived away from the simplicity of devotion to Jesus Christ.

G

greatkraw

If I had to chose between having correct doctrines or knowing Jesus Christ and the fellowship of His sufferings, I would choose the later every time. I spent years having the best doctrines without knowing Him, and it was worse than worthless, it was despicable. I pray for us with the apostle Paul that we not be deceived away from the simplicity of devotion to Jesus Christ.
well i see where you are coming from any way

the pendulum has swung all the other way

and you are quite right one can tick all the boxes and not know Christ

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
well i see where you are coming from any way

the pendulum has swung all the other way

and you are quite right one can tick all the boxes and not know Christ
Hello my friend.

How has the pendulum swung? This is what I have been saying all along.

Good to hear from you.
In Christ,

A

AnandaHya

God's WORD never changes, human understanding of it does. just because our ancestors didn't understand about DNA and inheritance doesn't mean God didn't speak of it to them

what is this debate going on about Holy Spirit residing inside you and the WORD of God?

they are one and the same.

The HOLY SPIRIT will use the WORDS of the BIBLE to speak into your heart and help you understand how to accurately apply the Bible to your life. that is why the Bible is the LIVING WORD of God. i just don't get the confusion. NOTHING the HOLY SPIRIT says will EVER contradict the word of GOD if you hear a voice that does, then in JESUS NAME you should rebuke it from your presence.

Last edited:

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
God's WORD never changes, human understanding of it does. just because our ancestors didn't understand about DNA and inheritance doesn't mean God didn't speak of it to them

what is this debate going on about Holy Spirit residing inside you and the WORD of God?

they are one and the same.

The HOLY SPIRIT will use the WORDS of the BIBLE to speak into your heart and help you understand how to accurately apply the Bible to your life. that is why the Bible is the LIVING WORD of God. i just don't get the confusion. NOTHING the HOLY SPIRIT says will EVER contradict the word of GOD if you hear a voice that does, then in JESUS NAME you should rebuke it from your presence.
You are right, you do not understand. Scripture is not the living word, Jesus is. In many people's minds and hearts, the bible they hold in their hands is Jesus, or equal to Jesus. This just is not so.

There is a doctrine that says all authority is in the scripture, and that using scripture gives one the power of God. All authority is God's, and He has given it to Jesus. If I use scripture on my own, it will work, but is it God working, or me?

When I have the Spirit speak to me scripture, when He brings it to my mind, it is then alive to me. It is alive to God all the time, always has been and always will be. But to me is must be made alive in me by the Spirit.

This is hard to explain when most have not seen the way that scripture has been twisted from what God intends for it to say, by human wisdom, and by religious spirits. These spirits speak the bible very well, using it in many ways, giving meanings and understandings which end up leading to destruction.

I have been spoken very evil of because of my stance in this issue. But this I will tell you true, even though what I believe is hard to take, I have not heard one thing that is not in scripture. I have heard a lot of things which do not agree with how many understand scripture. I am glad for this.

In Christ,

A

AnandaHya

the WORD of God is not a BOOK of written words that can be held by human hands. it is not written in a tongue spoken by human lips. It is WRITTEN in the heart by the Holy Spirit. It is translated explained and reveled by the Holy Spirit. but what is written in the HEART should not be in anything new or invented but should line up with things already revealed in the HOLY BIBLE, the written word already revealed to the world. It may not be fully understood, it may be twisted and misused by deceiving spirits but the Bible is HOLY because God protects it and curses those who would add, take away, twist or change its TRUE meaning.

the fruit is evident in their lives: there is corruption and unanswered prayers that litter the landscape of people who twist the words of God to suit their twisted perversions. who water down the scriptures to make it easier to swallow. half the truth is still a lie: some teach only condemnation of sins and forgets to teach God's grace and mercy. others only teach of God's love but not of God's justice and corrections to His children.

for them we should pray that God is merciful and show them the errors of their ways so they can confess, repent and be restored to the true and straight path. and for ourselves we need to remember to pray as Jesus taught us. Our father who art in heaven...lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil...

Jesus is the embodiment of the WORD of God, our role model and example.

Last edited:

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
the WORD of God is not a BOOK of written words that can be held by human hands. it is not written in a tongue spoken by human lips. It is WRITTEN in the heart by the Holy Spirit. It is translated explained and reveled by the Holy Spirit. but what is written in the HEART should not be in anything new or invented but should line up with things already revealed in the HOLY BIBLE, the written word already revealed to the world. It may not be fully understood, it may be twisted and misused by deceiving spirits but the Bible is HOLY because God protects it and curses those who would add, take away, twist or change its TRUE meaning.

the fruit is evident in their lives: there is corruption and unanswered prayers that litter the landscape of people who twist the words of God to suit their twisted perversions. who water down the scriptures to make it easier to swallow. half the truth is still a lie: some teach only condemnation of sins and forgets to teach God's grace and mercy. others only teach of God's love but not of God's justice and corrections to His children.

for them we should pray that God is merciful and show them the errors of their ways so they can confess, repent and be restored to the true and straight path. and for ourselves we need to remember to pray as Jesus taught us. Our father who art in heaven...lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil...

Jesus is the embodiment of the WORD of God, our role model and example.

I agree with you up until your last sentence. The bible is a picture of Jesus, for Jesus is the Word.

I have not ever said anything about extra revelations which do not find a place in scripture. I wonder at the way that every one who reads my words comes up with this saying right away. Some actually believe that one cannot be saved unless they believe in scripture. I say that we are not to believe in scripture, but to believe its testimony, as it testifies of and to Jesus.

The written word is not God, or it should not be, but in many people's minds it is, even if they do not realize it.

in Christ,

A

AnandaHya

I agree with you up until your last sentence. The bible is a picture of Jesus, for Jesus is the Word.

I have not ever said anything about extra revelations which do not find a place in scripture. I wonder at the way that every one who reads my words comes up with this saying right away. Some actually believe that one cannot be saved unless they believe in scripture. I say that we are not to believe in scripture, but to believe its testimony, as it testifies of and to Jesus.

The written word is not God, or it should not be, but in many people's minds it is, even if they do not realize it.

in Christ,
I understand where you are coming from VW but your words have been twisted by others to justify additions to scripture that are dangerous heresies. We should not worship the WRITTEN WORD which people think is the Bible in this world. But the Bible says that JESUS IS THE WORD.

therefore if they followed every word in the Bible as God intended them to then they will walk in the Holy Spirit and worship GOD not the book. Worship the Creator not the creation.

it is a very subtle difference that many believers still get tripped upon. :)

the Bible is a sword to cut through darkness and illusion. you do not worship your sword but God who gave it to you and saved you.

You do not worship the messenger or the angels but GOD who sent them to deliver you.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
The anointing that we have received from Him, who is true and is not a lie, teaches us to abide, to live, in Jesus. And so we should live in Him, so that when He appears we may have confidence and not shrink away from Him in shame.

Get some rest sister,
In His love,
vic

Jan 24, 2011
It is interesting so many people voted that Gods Word never change but to be a Christian is to believe that God changes Gods mind.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Have you not read in the Law, where time after time God wanted to destroy the children of Israel, but Mosos interceded for them and God repented of His intention?