Going on a Rumspringa, just like the Amish

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Strickalator

Greetings my fellow humans in Christ Jesus, I am going on a journey of discovery and discernment, my own personal 2 year Rumspringa. I am not Amish but I have to go find out for myself in person what all this LGBT stuff is about. There are many people who I have met that are either intersexed at birth or are transgender or are of a certain orientation and just happen to be Christian or claim being saved and know Jesus. So I really cannot take anyone's word for it. I have to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me on my journey and discern whether these folks are evil or not or that there is really something there.

I will just be going to the Bay Area, to learn and see what people are up too, at least in the MCC and UCC Churches and also a few other places like Episcopalian and other churches. I won't learn much from the secular LGBT people as anyone who denies God and Jesus are not going to be good examples. So please pray for me while I take this Rumspringa and get some answers.

S

Strickalator

So i won't be doing anything rash or drastic believe me, but I will be going to a United Church of Christ, so if anyone here goes to UCC tell me if you like it.

S

Strickalator

I could use your prayers and help here.

R

rainacorn

I am just curious why you feel that you need to know more?

This is an interesting concept.

Oct 31, 2011
[=Strickalator; I could use your prayers and help here.
May there be a thousand angels to guide and protect you and the Lord bless and keep you!

But going on a rumspringa, as I understand it, is a LOT different from the trip you are taking. You are going to explore what God calls a serious departure from His ways. You will learn, not from facts but from others caught in the grip of it. There are better ways to find out, if you are having problems.

We are living in a world just as dangerous as the Jews were in the age of pagan worship. It was all very attractive, and this world looks attractive. It isn’t. When God say no, it isn’t to keep us from good things, it is to steer us toward the best for our happiness besides living with Him forever.

R

Rickee

Greetings my fellow humans in Christ Jesus, I am going on a journey of discovery and discernment, my own personal 2 year Rumspringa. I am not Amish but I have to go find out for myself in person what all this LGBT stuff is about. There are many people who I have met that are either intersexed at birth or are transgender or are of a certain orientation and just happen to be Christian or claim being saved and know Jesus. So I really cannot take anyone's word for it. I have to pray and ask the Holy Spirit to guide me on my journey and discern whether these folks are evil or not or that there is really something there.

I will just be going to the Bay Area, to learn and see what people are up too, at least in the MCC and UCC Churches and also a few other places like Episcopalian and other churches. I won't learn much from the secular LGBT people as anyone who denies God and Jesus are not going to be good examples. So please pray for me while I take this Rumspringa and get some answers.
Would you live in a Roadside Bar to find out why people get addicted to drinking, or hang with Druggies to see why they prefer this High or another High?
When you study the Bible it becomes Crystal Clear these people dance to Satan' s Music, and his Created Pleasures. Satan is The God of this World. ( II Corinthians 4 v 4) He even tried to entice Jesus to workship him.( Luke 3 verses 5-7) I would not temp God by hanging out with these People, to try to " Find Out" why they do what they do.....The Devil will have you agreeing with them because he is a Powerful Force to go against, and Has Strong Persuasiveness.

I have Experience observing FORMER GLBT who were converted from that lifestyle. Like all sinners, they carry " Unclean, seducing Spirits" within them. Not being able to discern this, they buy into the Notion they were " Born that Way" and nothing can change it.....A Lie from the Father of all Liars...John 8 v 44.

God loves the sinner, but hates Sin. Our Job is to put on the Whole Armor of God, Study, Witness, not do Investigative Studies by living among Sinners and probably pick up their Spirit while trying to go them Good..

Fasting and Prayer is also needed....

S

SantoSubito

So i won't be doing anything rash or drastic believe me, but I will be going to a United Church of Christ, so if anyone here goes to UCC tell me if you like it.
I've been to a UCC church a couple of times. Basically you get a feel-good sermon and some singing.

S

Strickalator

I appreciate your responses, but Jesus himself ate with tax Collectors, so I must do the same to discern whether these are evil or good, I was going to move to the Big City anyways, so There's no reason why I should not at least meet these people.

R

rainacorn

So you're going to have dinner and some conversation where you tell them about God? Or you're going to jump in headfirst into LGBT lifestyles and submerge yourself in the culture for an extended period of time for 'research' so you can learn from them because the Bible is somehow unclear to you on this?

This is shady, shady.

I pray for you, brother. You don't need to do this, but clearly you really want to.

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I appreciate your responses, but Jesus himself ate with tax Collectors, so I must do the same to discern whether these are evil or good, I was going to move to the Big City anyways, so There's no reason why I should not at least meet these people.
Jesus ate with tax collectors so that He could share the Word with them, not so that He could "discern evil or good". We shouldn't "shun" LGBT people, but neither should we have to "find out for ourselves in person" If it's ok to live a LGBT lifestyle, because the Bible is very clear that it isn't.

I do not, in any way, mean this as judgemental, as it sounds like you are going through some difficult issues that many of will never have to face. But, I am concerned about you, because you could probably be easily deceived at this point. You mentioned in another thread that you feel as if the still, small voice is telling you not to change genders. DO NOT IGNORE IT.

Gay or straight, our sexuality HAS to be surrendered to Jesus. I know it's tough at times, but the more you focus on God, the less it matters to you.

But, just for the record, based on everything else I have seen you post.....you certainly sound like a heterosexual male to me ;)

Jan 15, 2011
Jesus ate with the tax collectors, but did not yoke with them. He knew the state of their heart.
It's one thing to meet with people at their level to reach them. It's another to be accepting of things clearly wrong in God's word

We are to be the salt and the light in the world, not look like the world. The world should not comprehend why we do the things we do because we walk in God's light and truth. As the world did not know or understand Jesus, they should not know or understand us as well. In fact they will give us strict opposition, and that is a sign that we are doing something right.
However, to those that are ready and prepared by God, they will hear and accept the seeds of truth that we sow.

We don't go to people in a sinful lifestyle to discern the sin. We know it's wrong. We go to people in a sinful lifestyle to give them the good news. That Jesus can forgive them of their sins and change them. And if they continue to abide in Jesus, repenting daily for sins, and seeking what is pleasing to Him, they can receive the gift of eternal life. :) They can understand what is pleasing to God and will know that God will deliver them from those desires, temptations, and their sinful life. All they need to do is seek and abide in Him!

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OFM

i was in a uuc church me and 25 others were kicked out for being U.U. Christians they were as nice as cancer is about to us and towards us.but i is over it now they believe in everything is all the same,no they believe in lot of mumble-jumble spiritual evil nothingness at all.bee blessed allways,zzzzzzzz,amen...............

Jan 15, 2011
i was in a uuc church me and 25 others were kicked out for being U.U. Christians they were as nice as cancer is about to us and towards us.but i is over it now they believe in everything is all the same,no they believe in lot of mumble-jumble spiritual evil nothingness at all.bee blessed allways,zzzzzzzz,amen...............
What exactly is U.U?

In addition, the UCC church I'd be careful with. If you find anything that they teach that differs from the Word of God it should be avoided. This applies to any church, not just the UCC church.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
^^^I'm wondering that, too...I think it stands for "Unitarian Universalist?" They don't believe that Jesus is the only way, they think that you can believe whatever you want, and still be right with God. Eyeroll. They really aren't a Christian church at all. Can you give us more info., Mr. OFM? :)

O

OFM

it does stand 4 that they are a mish mash of everything and anything.b blessed allways amen....

Jan 15, 2011
Universalism is a dangerous doctrine to teach in the church. Jesus said He didn't come to bring peace to but bring a sword, to divide the world into believers and unbelievers. There is one way to salvation and that is through the door, Jesus Christ. Any other teaching will lead you astray.
People come to Christ as they are, but they leave changed. There has to be change or there is no relationship with Christ. We change for God, we don't seek to change the Word of God to fit our beliefs.

John 14:6
New King James Version (NKJV)
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Matthew 7:13-14

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Narrow Way
13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2011
=Strickalator; I appreciate your responses, but Jesus himself ate with tax Collectors, so I must do the same to discern whether these are evil or good, I was going to move to the Big City anyways, so There's no reason why I should not at least meet these people.
There are lots of reasons why you should not do this, and if you have the Holy Spirit within you, you know that, too. If you believe in the OT as being scripture at all, you have read what God thinks of putting yourself in the middle of rebellion and sin. You weren’t even to eat with them. You are not Christ to “eat with sinners”. You know you are not going there for their benefit. God has already judged those acts, do you think you can improve on what God has done?