Going through a divorce

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sky87

Me and my husband have been married for 5 years and together for 7. He just responded to my divorce and its in the process now of being finalized after we go to court. He said he wants to split custody with me however, I found a facebook he created pretending to be a 15 year old child and was talking inappropriately to children. He also went to jail last week for a grabbing me by the neck and putting a hole in our wall. He hits walls a lot. I have always tried to make excuses for his behavior like he has been through a lot because he was molested by his sister for 5 years but he never cares about how me and our children feel. We are going to court on the 13 he said he wants full custody. Also he acts like he doesnt care that we are getting a divorce I put so much into trying to make things work but he just doesnt seem to realize anything I have done. Please pray for me to have favor in the court room. For God to work on my children's father (his heart). He has a sense of entitlement. For him to realize I gave him everything and he never appreciated it. (lol) also for my emotions to get in tact I been really sad lately.

N

Nuns_n_roses

I'm so sorry to hear you're facing so much as once! Knowing a relationship is ending even when it's unhealthy is very difficult. PM me if you need to vent. Hugs sweetheart. <3

J

jonrambo

dont let the kids know about that stuff or get involved. find another outlet. i am still a little nuts from my parents involving me

J

jonrambo

dad did bad things but mum did more damage to us with her hatred for him

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I'm so sorry to hear about what you and your children are going through! How painful :(.

Praying for you that you get full custody and also for protection, wisdom,calmness and guidance for you as you go through this trial.

H

happygirl2

First of all try your hardest to not involved your children in any of the divorce details. Under no circumstance should either parent put each other down. With that being said though the truth needs to be spoken and the place for that is with your local police regarding the 15 yr. old profile if you suspect any type, yes any small type of sexual misconduct with minors. Take the website and any printable information to your attorney, child mediator etc...demand that the judge hear his misconduct. You must absolutely be sure to let your attorney and the court know about your ex hurting you. I say all of this with a vast amount of experience. I have two older daughters now. They witnessed their father do unspeakable things to me while married. I had an incompetant attorney and I was unknowing so consequently my girls were allowed unsupervised time with their father. He took the abuse once aimed at me and directed it to my girls. I live with guilt every day for not protecting my girls. They have damage that will last for decades if not a life time. Don't be afraid to stand up to him. Stand tall and proud...God has you cradled in his arms.

S

sunnygurl

My prayers will be with your family - you, your husband and your children; that God will protect the hearts and minds of your children through this ordeal and that you both will draw near/nearer to God.

There are no victors when families get broken.

I just want to add in love that your husband does have a certain sense of entitlement, responsibiltiyand relationship to these children as they are his and he is their earthly father, (even if this must be done undersupervision)

Sky87 may you rest in God and find your strenght in Him blessings and love to you sister ;)

Mar 12, 2013
I'll be praying for both of you to be made whole. its never too late & Gods power is never to weak to handle all things.

D

danschance

I am just curious. You mention he was involved with some inappropriate chats but I don't understand why you mention that here. Is this the reason you are divorcing him? Did God tell you to divorce him?

I hope that God will direct your footsteps in this matter.