Good 90's songs.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
Did you know Creed reunited and put out a fourth album? I would say it's the best one, but none of the songs have a lot of hit potential like some did on the first 3 albums.

Did you know Creed is back together now and going on tour?

I had heard they were reuniting, but wasn't sure since a couple of my friends just recently went to a Scott Stapp concert. After reading your post, I'm looking it up and seeing that it has indeed happened and they are on tour this year! Interesting! I'll have to look more into it.

If I go see them again, I sure won't be doing all that head banging near the speakers like I did back in the day even though I still have the hair for it :D

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I have an array of physically demanding projects to tackle. I plan to keep the coffee going and a playlist of 90's rock/alternative playing, starting with The Toadies...

You say forever, and I confess a shiver...

Jan 19, 2024
Louisiana
Talk of princes lately had me remembering this 90s song today...

This song has failed to have the proper effect on me based on not knowing what he's saying.

One, two princes kneel before you
That what I said now
Princes, princes who adore you
Just go ahead now
One has diamonds in his pockets
That's some bread, now
This one said he wants to buy you rockets
Ain't in his head, now

This one he got a princely racket
That's what I said now
Got some big seal upon his jacket
Ain't in his head now
You marry him, your father will condone you
How 'bout that now
You marry me, your father will disown you
He'll eat his hat, now

Marry him, marry me
I'm the one that loved you baby can't you see?
Ain't got no future or family tree
But I know what a prince and lover ought to be
I know what a prince and lover ought be

---That last line that's repeated is what I couldn't understand.

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
This song has failed to have the proper effect on me based on not knowing what he's saying.

One, two princes kneel before you
That what I said now
Princes, princes who adore you
Just go ahead now
One has diamonds in his pockets
That's some bread, now
This one said he wants to buy you rockets
Ain't in his head, now

This one he got a princely racket
That's what I said now
Got some big seal upon his jacket
Ain't in his head now
You marry him, your father will condone you
How 'bout that now
You marry me, your father will disown you
He'll eat his hat, now

Marry him, marry me
I'm the one that loved you baby can't you see?
Ain't got no future or family tree
But I know what a prince and lover ought to be
I know what a prince and lover ought be

---That last line that's repeated is what I couldn't understand.
I still don't know some of the song's lyrics from the 90s, but the lyrics is not why i listen to them now. I listen to them mostly for nostalgia and happy times.