Good News for Evangelical Christians.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 23, 2011
Good News for Evangelical Christians.

Not all Evangelical Christians are Lutherans, but all Lutherans are Evangelical Christians. All Evangelical Christians are Protestants, but not all Evangelical Christians like the word "Protestant". Baptists, some of them, claim to be neither Protestant nor Catholic. Just "born again Christians" or "Evangelicals/ Evangelical Christians", or just "believers" or many just "Christians" or "nondenomational (Christians)".

Here is Good News (the Gospel) for Lutherans and other Evangelicals from the Greek Orthodox Church.

If you want to understand how Lutheran Protestants (Evangelicals) interacted with the (Greek) Orthodox Church in the 16th Century (1500s), read the following excellent work translated by Greek Orthodox priest, Father George Mastrantonis.

AUGSBURG AND CONSTANTINOPLE: The Correspondence between the Tubingen [Lutheran] Theologians and Patriarch Jeremiah II of Constantinople on the Augsburg Confession. Brookline, MA: Holy Cross Orthodox Press, 1982.

God save us. Amen. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
Here is Good News (the Gospel) for Lutherans and other Evangelicals from the Greek Orthodox Church.
:confused::confused::confused: So, the Greek Orthodox Church wrote The Gospel? :confused::confused::confused: I thought it was Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, who were just relating what they saw and heard while following Jesus.

Huh. Shows how much I know........

P.S. You can set your signature as "In Erie PA, Scott R. Harrington", it would save you a lot of trouble.

Nov 23, 2011
:confused::confused::confused: So, the Greek Orthodox Church wrote The Gospel? :confused::confused::confused: I thought it was Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, who were just relating what they saw and heard while following Jesus.

Huh. Shows how much I know........

P.S. You can set your signature as "In Erie PA, Scott R. Harrington", it would save you a lot of trouble.

The Gospels were written by Jewish and Gentile Christians in Greek. The early Church was Greek-speaking and orthodox. Viisibly identifiable Christians such as John Chrysostom were Greek and orthodox. Therefore, the same Church as in the NT became known as the Greek Orthodox Church. There is no difference in the beliefs in the NT and the beliefs and teachings of the Greek Orthodox Church. If you know Church history, you understand that. If you doubt it, your doubt is not based on facts but ignorance of Church history.

God save us. The Greek-speaking Church wrote the Gospel, and of course the Church is orthodox (right believing).

Snackersmom

May 10, 2011
I realize that the New testament was written in Greek. I was simply wondering why you sent us to a book translated in 1982 about correspondence between theologians to hear the Gospel; Why not send us directly to the New Testament?

Jesus saves. Just sayin' :)

Last edited:

duewell

Mar 5, 2011
did you know that with an 11 year olds understanding of the bible and faith you can experience the bible? why some people might not even be Christian all their life or ever been in a church, yet they too can experience the bible. some people never even studied the bible, yet they asked Jesus for help and then experienced it. all of these topics are getting old. i dont know church history or read greek. does this change anything about what changes have come over me since asking Jesus for help? your arguments about this is the right church and this is why others are wrong just show that while you may have read the bible, you have not experienced it. Christianity is far larger than you know. it is not confined to a single church denomination. he has the whole world in his hands. it is far more important for a person to repent and accept that Jesus is the Son of God, than it is for them to be a member of a specific church.

stop trying to deny me my faith because i am not a member of your church. a church teaches about the experience, Jesus gives you the experience. regardless of which church you are in, or if you are even a Christian at all. saul/paul should have been the prime example for us to learn of this.

that being said, i encourage all churches to keep teaching about Jesus. the bible is a handy thing to have around. it can explain to people what they have experienced. romans is very accurate in its understanding and explaining it.

Duewell
mark 4 11-14

J

jimmydiggs

Hey Scott, was Jesus a member of the Eastern Orthodox Church?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Remember that Our Lord works in wonderful ways.

Nov 23, 2011
Hey Scott, was Jesus a member of the Eastern Orthodox Church?

Hey Jimmydiggs:
Was Jesus a Calvinist and did Jesus want John Calvin to kill Michael Servetus and the other people Calvin murdered? Did Jesus write the Five Points of Calvinism TULIP in the New Testament?
Answer: The Eastern Orthodox Church was founded by Jesus Christ. It was Eastern. In the Middle East. It was Orthodox. It believes the Gospel and Orthodox (right belief) doctrines of the NT. And it is the Church Christ founded (Matt. 16:18, 1 Tim. 3:15). Protestantism and Calvinism didn't start officially until the 16th century, although its roots existed with John Wycliffe in the 13th century, and earlier roots go back to Augustine of Hippo between 354 and 430 AD. Catholicism and Protestantism both started with Augustine of Hippo between 354 and 430 AD.
In Erie Scott R. Harrington

superdave5221

Jul 28, 2009
Hey Jimmydiggs:
Was Jesus a Calvinist and did Jesus want John Calvin to kill Michael Servetus and the other people Calvin murdered? Did Jesus write the Five Points of Calvinism TULIP in the New Testament?
Answer: The Eastern Orthodox Church was founded by Jesus Christ. It was Eastern. In the Middle East. It was Orthodox. It believes the Gospel and Orthodox (right belief) doctrines of the NT. And it is the Church Christ founded (Matt. 16:18, 1 Tim. 3:15). Protestantism and Calvinism didn't start officially until the 16th century, although its roots existed with John Wycliffe in the 13th century, and earlier roots go back to Augustine of Hippo between 354 and 430 AD. Catholicism and Protestantism both started with Augustine of Hippo between 354 and 430 AD.
In Erie Scott R. Harrington
What Protestants see in a church timeline is represented by gospel or biblical truths.

They see the church as following biblical truths until corruption sets in. This corruption causes gospels truths to be lost or obscured. The EOC breaks off in 1054, because of the loss of biblical truths, followed by varying degrees of corruption and loss of biblical truths in the Roman Catholic church leading to a need for a restoration.

Luther saw that the organized church had abandoned many truths to follow manmade doctrines. As the Roman Catholic and EOC were no longer reliable as a source of biblical truth, it became necessary to rely on the bible only, as a source of truth.

Being warned by the Roman Catholics that such a path would lead to disunity in the church, Luther replied that it was worth the risk in order to seek God's Truth, unstained by the excesses and corruption of the organized churches.

The Roman Catholics were right of course. Giving everyone a bible to interpret for themselves did result in disunity.

However, Luther was right as well. For it is better that some are able to find the Truth, then that All be deceived by corrupt and manmade doctrines.

These manmade doctrines that have been added are a hindrance to a relationship with Jesus Christ, but not necessarily a barrier. Protestants and EOC do share many of the essentials of Truth.

AS a result, I truly believe that there are many Roman Catholic and EOC members who have been saved, and who will see salvation. But this will be because of the love of Jesus Christ, and the work of Holy Spirit, and will be in spite of the teachings of these churches, not as a result of them.

Nov 23, 2011
What Protestants see in a church timeline is represented by gospel or biblical truths.

They see the church as following biblical truths until corruption sets in. This corruption causes gospels truths to be lost or obscured. The EOC breaks off in 1054, because of the loss of biblical truths, followed by varying degrees of corruption and loss of biblical truths in the Roman Catholic church leading to a need for a restoration.

Luther saw that the organized church had abandoned many truths to follow manmade doctrines. As the Roman Catholic and EOC were no longer reliable as a source of biblical truth, it became necessary to rely on the bible only, as a source of truth.

Being warned by the Roman Catholics that such a path would lead to disunity in the church, Luther replied that it was worth the risk in order to seek God's Truth, unstained by the excesses and corruption of the organized churches.

The Roman Catholics were right of course. Giving everyone a bible to interpret for themselves did result in disunity.

However, Luther was right as well. For it is better that some are able to find the Truth, then that All be deceived by corrupt and manmade doctrines.

These manmade doctrines that have been added are a hindrance to a relationship with Jesus Christ, but not necessarily a barrier. Protestants and EOC do share many of the essentials of Truth.

AS a result, I truly believe that there are many Roman Catholic and EOC members who have been saved, and who will see salvation. But this will be because of the love of Jesus Christ, and the work of Holy Spirit, and will be in spite of the teachings of these churches, not as a result of them.

Dear superdave: What Biblical truths did the EOC lose in 1054 AD by insisting that the Holy

Spirit proceeds from the Father (alone) (in agreement with John 15:26), and that the bishop (Pope) of

Rome is not supreme pontiff and Head and Infallible Ruler of the entire Christian Church on earth?

In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington