Gossip, is thiis nothing more than a folly..(meaningless)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

What do you think of gossip?

• Does it at all seem like a sin?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Is this a desire of the flesh?

• Doesn't the world gossip 24/7-365?

• Total voters
X

xrameilx

Well the weird thing is this...I don't really engage in many social or political arguments or debates. I know very littel about the world around me. I am more of a social hermit, I trust very few people outside of my community. I keep to myself and never or rarely back talk anyone.

a gossip separates close friends. (Proverbs Ch.16:28)
Gossip can keep believers out of the kingdom – it is classified as a sin.

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless. Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them. (Romans Ch.1:29-32)

If I go any further I would have to go to seminary...
But I base my life on the scripture, I don't say such evil of others.... For me to be a huge time gossip would be against the kingdom of God. This is why I Pit this out here just wanting to know what you all think.

R

rainacorn

I don't quite get the reason for this poll, but I like what you have to say, in general.

Gossip is one of those easy sins we don't always realize we're doing. It's up to our brothers and sisters in Christ to point it out to us when we're slipping up and we should do the same for them.

Talking ABOUT people isn't automatically gossip. Gossip is more idle talk and spreading rumors. It's nonsense, basically.

In a circle of friends, it would be talking about people behind their backs about something personal or unsubstantiated. Or talking that way about people you don't even know, like celebrities. It's a human being problem which is why it comes up over and over again in the Bible. However, we do live in a society that LOVES gossip to a ridiculous level. We have endless television channels and magazines and websites dedicated to slandering and embarrassing people.

It's just more poison. Good to avoid it, but don't let it prevent you from having relationships with people. We are supposed to love each other and reach out. When it comes to gossip though, people may be turned off by someone who is always pointing out that they are gossiping, but it will eventually sink in with them. If you make it clear that you're not into gossip, then they will eventually learn not to gossip with you or around you. The more aware they are of it, the easier it will be for them to just stop entirely.

We have to hold each other accountable and keep each other on the straight and narrow. Gossip is a great place to start.

B

babarainbowsheep

When spreading false rumours it not good and some do do this.
Sometimes if someone is guilty of a crime they may spread false rumours of the victim so they are not beleived or to protect themselves from being a suspect.
Dreamt lastnight someone had stolen money and it looked like the woman who had been given a room but it was another woman dressed as cleaner who had done it for the money and to dirty this woman she did not like and make out she thief when she not.She started telling everyone that she had taken it and it looked like she had cause she stayed in the room but she was "set up".

Take rumours litely and its nice to ask someone b4 u judge them or get facts or deeper understanding and truth to what be going on.
Rumourse can spread hate and if they are false rumours or based upon reasons that are more complex then it can do a lot of damage.
there are innocent people getting hated by whole communities because of false rumors someone "popular" or in position of power may of conciously spread to incite hate etc.

How are they gossiping?
Often gossip is not in nice tone or manner but brings out the worst in people.
Be very careful with gossip is my opinion, regardless how fun it may seem..

G

GreenNnice

When spreading false rumours it not good and some do do this.
Sometimes if someone is guilty of a crime they may spread false rumours of the victim so they are not beleived or to protect themselves from being a suspect.
Dreamt lastnight someone had stolen money and it looked like the woman who had been given a room but it was another woman dressed as cleaner who had done it for the money and to dirty this woman she did not like and make out she thief when she not.She started telling everyone that she had taken it and it looked like she had cause she stayed in the room but she was "set up".

Take rumours litely and its nice to ask someone b4 u judge them or get facts or deeper understanding and truth to what be going on.
Rumourse can spread hate and if they are false rumours or based upon reasons that are more complex then it can do a lot of damage.
there are innocent people getting hated by whole communities because of false rumors someone "popular" or in position of power may of conciously spread to incite hate etc.

How are they gossiping?
Often gossip is not in nice tone or manner but brings out the worst in people.
Be very careful with gossip is my opinion, regardless how fun it may seem..
---
Whenever I see this avatar now, babawhitesheep....
I can't help but grin :D

--I like how you both broke this down well , ladies, and, threadbearer, I like your way about this thread, logically and spiritually putting it together. You're a good seamstress :D

---
Before I go though, I was wondering, I heard a rumor.... ;)