Great, I like that! You should do that. - Mentoring. Have you? Want to be a 'Big.' :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Would you like to mentor someone?

• Yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I am now.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I have in the past .

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I want to in the future

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
P

perdonato

----
Discipleship is more teaching the study of one subject, you can be a disciple of any learned discipline

Mentoring is an act that you engage yourself in someone's life with intent of imparting world knowledge to them so they can maybe not make same mistakes you made. And, mentoring is for developing someone's character, personality, and, also, helping them go after goals down the line having them understand where there life is now but where it could be if they get a job in this field or just get a job for money to do things like buy a car, get apartment. And, its like discipleship in one sense , in both you befriend and help grow and teach .
It's kind of like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares...

Mentoring includes discipleship but discipleship doesn't necessarily include mentoring.

G

GreenNnice

It's kind of like how all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares...

Mentoring includes discipleship but discipleship doesn't necessarily include mentoring.
-
Perdy!
Yep. Correcto amundo. :D
There is a dimension to mentoring, if the mentor is a Christian, that will include discipleship a lot of the time, it just will be natural for the mentor to help mentoree understand God better , in much the same vein as Jesus discipled and taught and told stories with lessons in them (parables).
The Lord leads.

Mentors come in all different kinds, you can mentor a young med student if you are a licensed doctor, or, you can teach a young soccer player showing excellent skill and an ability to steer through a game with command (using a soccer ball , of course) or teach them how to 'steer' without the ball, too (not of course ;) ) , showing them how to 'drive' better and how to navigate even more so the perils of dribbling artfully and making runs decoyingly that totally make him/her a 2-dimensional danger, being a force on the field with or without the ball. :)

In both these examples, God is woven into the conversation, like the creation of life by God for the doctor to med student and how the soccer player can switch gears to play a a higher level than he/she thought possible by quoting some good verses like my high school class verse , for instance, 'I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.' Phil. 4:13 :)

Last edited by a moderator: