Greetings! Any here have the Courage to Question?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Does God teach them all these conflicting Dogmas?

• Total voters

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Yeah, I really need to quit smoking, form an action plan, and start making serious progress to quitting altogether. I am buying a product that I can't really afford that adversely affects my health and will eventually kill me before my time. I should probably switch to decaf.
Wait.............WHUT?

no, no, no, no, no.............. NO WAY I SWITCH TO DECAF!

(you won't like me if I ain't had my coffee, trust me on that........)

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Ewww. I do remember Tab.

Do you remember Fresca? Haven't seen those around. Or Calistoga water either. I miss them a little.

But A&W root beer helps me get over it.
I think I have seen Fresca at Walmart. I've never heard of Calistoga water.
A&W root beer is great. When I would go visit the grandparents down south I'd stop at A&W drive-ins. Burgers and root beer. Tasty!

glf1

Jun 10, 2018
God's character does not change, however, His dealings with man has changed throughout human history. His covenant people is the nation of Israel. The church has not replaced the nation of Israel. There are specific promises only given to Israel that the church cannot and should not claim.
Hey! John... : )
what do you do with Eph 2:11- "Wherefore remember, that ye being in times past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus, ye who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace having made both one having broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in is flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and of the household of God."

We, the church, are the wild branches grafted into the cultivated tree of Israel. The Church's non-Jewish members are made partakers with house of Israel by the Messiah. The New Covenant replaces the law, in the Jew first and then in the Gentile. As for the promises, what do you think of Gal 3:21? "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law."

When we stand before Jesus on that day and explain why we didn't believe in the promises contained within his eternal word because it was not meant for those of us who were not of the OT; will he say, well done, or O ye of little faith? We must believe in a promise of God before we are able to exercise our faith to obtain it.

So, all the promises of God in him are, yea and in him, amen; except for those contained within the OT. And all things are possible to them that believe, except for the promises of the OT.

The Lord open our eyes to the truth and turn us away from error in Jesus' name. Too bad we have to use our own minds to understand and even then, we have to glean truth partially as seen through a glass darkly while we study scripture. And sadly, the truth feels exactly the same as error does which makes going by how something makes us feel doesn't make it any more accurate. Add to the above, that fact that we're unable to discern between what the Holy Spirit has illuminated verses what we've be been taught by man.
Maranatha!

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I saw that pic (in your signature block) the other day and almost posted it asa meme........then saw it in your posts and laughed...........it's cute

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I saw that pic (in your signature block) the other day and almost posted it asa meme........then saw it in your posts and laughed...........it's cute
Did you click the image itself? That's a real encounter.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
No............thanks..........that's both sad and funny.........

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Hey! John... : )
what do you do with Eph 2:11- "Wherefore remember, that ye being in times past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus, ye who were sometimes far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace having made both one having broken down the middle wall of partition between us; having abolished in is flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; and that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: and came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and of the household of God."

We, the church, are the wild branches grafted into the cultivated tree of Israel. The Church's non-Jewish members are made partakers with house of Israel by the Messiah. The New Covenant replaces the law, in the Jew first and then in the Gentile. As for the promises, what do you think of Gal 3:21? "Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law."

When we stand before Jesus on that day and explain why we didn't believe in the promises contained within his eternal word because it was not meant for those of us who were not of the OT; will he say, well done, or O ye of little faith? We must believe in a promise of God before we are able to exercise our faith to obtain it.

So, all the promises of God in him are, yea and in him, amen; except for those contained within the OT. And all things are possible to them that believe, except for the promises of the OT.

The Lord open our eyes to the truth and turn us away from error in Jesus' name. Too bad we have to use our own minds to understand and even then, we have to glean truth partially as seen through a glass darkly while we study scripture. And sadly, the truth feels exactly the same as error does which makes going by how something makes us feel doesn't make it any more accurate. Add to the above, that fact that we're unable to discern between what the Holy Spirit has illuminated verses what we've be been taught by man.
Maranatha!
Good to see that someone is turning this thread back to the scriptures, instead of soft drinks. Just injecting a bit of information. God changed Jacob's name to be called Israel (Gen 35:10). Jacob is a type of the elect, and Israel is a type of all of God's elect. Many scriptures using the word "Israel" is referring to God's elect.