''greetings fellow christians''

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dadnky41

:) I wanted to introduce myself. My name is rodney w. I am 41 yrs old, and a proud father of 3 children in southeastern ky. I come to everyone with something that is kinda bothering me. See, I recently went on my facebook account and found my childhoods mom. I was excited to have found her, and when I enquired of her son that I was friends with she sadly told me he passed away at the young age of 28 yrs old, 8 months after being diagnosed with limphnoma cancer. I became sad, as I knew up until then he was a very healthy kid, who lived a christian life. Last week I spoke with another friend of mines sister. She informed me that her brother has had 3 heart surgeries since I moved away in 1988 and he just had his 4th. He had an artificial heart transplant. She said everything seemed ok. Then 3 days later she said he took a turn for the worse. His kidney's were starting to fail and was put on resperator. 2 more days went by and she said his kidneys are failing completely,his liver is shutting down,and he is getting dialysis along with ventilator. Wenesday she said it is a sad day today, my big brother passed away.-He was 40 yrs. old. In 2009, I lost my mother after a routine kidney stint surgery. Too much loss too soon! what my concern is, I am 41 yrs old. In my lifetime I have survived, 1 bicycle/car collision at age 9, then thruout my life-5 car wrecks, 6 motorcycle wrecks, over 200 seizures,3 heart attacks, 1 heart surgery,and countless amounts of dead braincells derrived from the wrecks I suffered. My friends lived good christian lives and died so young. I am living a christian life as well-am I next? why have I endured so much and survived?--any opinions?

C

Crazy4GODword

hello friend welcome

V

vagabond

Hey dadnky41 and welcome to cc.

I am living a christian life as well-am I next? why have I endured so much and survived?--any opinions?

I had similar questions when a cousin of mine died at the age of 28. Don't know the answer but here are some questions I put to myself back then just to get another perspective. Was my cousin maybe a good christian and it was her time to go? What if she stayed and did something horrible later? Did God protect her from falling by taking her? As for the people that are suffering from diseases, christian or not it is obvious He is testing them. But what if God is not and is trying to get their attention? Maybe we don't pray enough or try hard enough to live according to His will and this is a way to open our eyes. We do all neglect God sometimes and never realize it.

Long story short what I am trying to say is that is death really something for us people to be scared of? I don't think so. We shouldn't always see the negatives as a punishment. Especially as a christian not, as we should be looking for the life after. Sure there are other ways of dealing with it but I can't judge God for that as my weak human logic can't conceive God's greatness.

Hope that helped ;)

Last edited:
W

winston

welcome to cc!!

W

wyldkat

Hi Rodney. Welcome to CC.

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Rodney, Hello welcome to Christian Chat.

D

dadnky41

thankyou to all that welcomed me here. and thankyou to vegabond for your opinion/perspective on what I asked of you all. I am having problems with this website and cannot figure it out. I sign in, then turn on my mic and when I do the page disappears and only shows the room and list of room users. I don't see the microphone icon, or the volume or the space to type. Why does it do this to me and always say I am logged in but never allows me to chat? any answers? ty for any suggestions...RODNEY W.

J

jimmydiggs

Hello dadnky41, the mic button should be toward the bottom left of the window, just directly left of the text bar.