Greetings from SoCal (a little testimony and hope)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

limmuwd

Oct 12, 2019
Kingdom of God
to-him-who-overcomes.com
Halloween weekend, 1998. I’m in a Hotel in Pittsburgh at the Meeting of the Marked annual Tattoo Convention. After having walked the stage in front of the crowds, and stood before the judges, drunken many beers and smoked a couple El Rey Del Mundos, found myself back in my room and on my knees crying out to God.

Without all the details, I was on my way to Southern California from Niagara Falls, NY where I had lived for 33 years. For the past 15 years I had been following the dictates of my own heart. God in His mercy had allowed my life to crumble and bring me to the bottom. Friendships broken; relationships shattered; money wasted; health in jeopardy. Lucky to have escaped much greater consequences that were deserved for many of my actions.

Unbeknownst to me, one of my younger sisters (I’m 4th from 9 siblings, 7 of us left today) and her Navy husband and a few others couples at a little deeper life fellowship in Poway had been praying for me. Circumstances led to a door opening to come out to California to stay with my sister’s family, and see what would happen. Supposed to leave in July, I spent all my money drinking & gambling and didn’t finally begin to make the 2600 mile trek in my ’78 Oldsmobile until I made reservations for the Tattoo Show in Pittsburgh.

So, in my Hotel that night, on my knees, for the first time in ages, I acknowledged God and my failures and asked for forgiveness and guidance. I told Him I was scared and didn’t know what I was doing, but asked Him to help me.

And He did.

Plugged into a church once I got to SoCal, I began to spend 3-4 hours a day in the Scripture; reading and Highlighting my old King James (that had been given to me by a gal worried about my soul back in the ‘80’s when I was in College) and a RSV I picked up at a Used Book Store in El Cajon. My life began to change. And I hope a Hope. A real True Hope in Christ and in God’s Eternal plan & purpose.

This is my hope and a little of my testimony –
A Disciple's Hope

And I am still daily learning and growing spiritually as I partake of the Bread of Life and surrender before the King.

Peace & Blessings,

Michael
To Him Who Overcomes

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Thank you for sharing. God finds us at our worst times...believe it."
'Praise God'
563e0526621ea_man_praying_silhouette-resized-600-Copy_jpg_0b82847a16daaa9ce48d0ca8f14dc4d5 - C...png

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
Praise God, and thank you for sharing this. Welcome also to CC!

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
Amen. Wow. What a testimony to the power of God. 1 Corinthians 10:13