Growing up.

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Fenner

Senior Member
Jan 26, 2013
7,507
111
0
My oldest child, Son, David, will turn 11 next Friday. My Daughter, Olivia, will turn 10in September. I was 35/36 when I had my children, so I wasn't exactly young, but not old either. I feel like a grown up now.

Technically at age 18 (at least in America) you're considered an adult. You earn such privileges as, being able to vote, drive past midnight, join the armed forces, get married, you can't legally drink in this country until you're 21, you can fight overseas, but you can't legally consume alcohol though, I find that odd. Anyhow, after my children were born, I all of a sudden felt like a grown up. I was married, lived on my own before, paid bills, had a job, all the grown up thing's, but they made me feel grown-up. I can't explain why.

I think most parents feel fiercely protective of their Children, but is that grown up?
I know that part of me that has grown up is my relationship with God. For many years I wasn't sure if I was good enough for God's grace. Was I worthy of that kind of Deep profound love? I didn't understand it. I was loved as a child and an adult, no lack of love in my life. However I had this deep feeling that I couldn't be and wasn't good enough for God. I remember looking into the face of my first baby, I had 3 miscarriages before he was born, I never expected to have this miracle beautiful baby. I looked at him and something inside me said, this is it, this the love God feels for you. It was probably the holy spirit. I cried a lot. It wasn't a sad cry, it was a cry of relief and understanding. God love's me, he loves me like this. I have done wrong but he loves me. It was something so meaningful to me. I new this is what it's like for God my Creator . He knows me, he knows where my freckles are, he knows my heart, he knows me. I belong to him. I had been saved year's before that, but that day I truly felt born again.

As my Children get older our relationships change. I know their interests and I know when there angry, I know when there sad, so does God. As they grow in height and sometimes attitude, I feel like I've grown too. I now understand God does love me, and I love him with all of my heart.
 
You only get to rent your kids for 18 years, then they move on with their own lives, maybe call sometimes. Perhaps this is preparation for the idea that you're only renting your own body for a somewhat longer time before you move on too.