Grudges

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

who forgives more quickly?

• men

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • women

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • adults

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • children

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters
J

Jullianna

It's wrong, right? We're not supposed to have them.

ROMANS 12:18 - If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

So, I'm curious...do you think men or women are more forgiving/less likely to hold grudges. Why?

PLEASE BE AS NICE AS POSSIBLE :D
WE STILL HAVEN'T REPLACED THE MUD FROM THE LAST WRESTLING MATCH

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
I'll be start with the Bible and it says to us:
Brothers, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. (1st Corinthians 14:20).Consequently such people ready to forgive more quickly than other ones. This is the mix maturity of mind and in regard to evil be infants always nice for us.
My answer: children. :rolleyes:

K

Kooper

I voted children... Slimy little hobbits, taking my lolipop... *grumbles* Anyway, I think it depends on whose holding the grudge. One person could be more forgiving then the other. Person A might have a history of holding grudges since childhood while person B could've just let it go after a few hours. In the meantime, A is allowing B to live rent free within her or his head, while B is totally living life trying to create another grudge with person C. :p

It could probably be that this pattern is much of a need to be stopped. You never know C might have that verse in his or her head already.

Sometimes, procrastination could be a blessing.

M

Matthew

Teenagers are the most likely to hold grudges, problem is many of them move in adult bodies.

I don't think gender is ever a factor.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Men are more forgiving. They can seperate the person from their actions easier than women can.

M

Muffyn

Men are more forgiving. They can seperate the person from their actions easier than women can.
More forgiving, or more forgetful? :p

Just kidding. Agree with said point - I've always found it rather odd how guys can be really angry about something, and then get over it the very next day.

Personally, I wrestle a great deal with drawing the line between forgiving and forgetting... Shucks, more often that not, I find it hard to do both....

F

fire_within

I feel that anyone can hold a grudge, and sometimes immensely.

A grudge is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die from it.

Matthew 5:23-24 " Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother, then come and offer your gift. "

Lamentations 3:40 " Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord"

James 4:10 " Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up"

J

Jullianna

Amen, fire within.. They are toxic.

What's more disturbing than anything is seeing them within families. Absolutely heartbreaking.

R

Reikon

Honestly, I think children forgive more faster then anything. They don't know much about regret at that age. It really all depends on the person though.

Sevndust

Jan 15, 2006
I USED TO HOLD GRUDGES WHEN I KNEW NOTHING ELSE TO FEEL BUT..DARE I SAY IT..HATE? I QUICKLY REALIZED LIFE IS WAY TOO SHORT TO HOLD GRUDGES BC ULTIMATELY THAT LOATHING FOR SOMEONE HAS A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF EATING ANY OF US UP. IT'S NOT WORTH IT. IF YOU CAN'T TOLERATE SOMEONE, JUST STAY AWAY FROM THAT PERSON. OBVIOUSLY IT'S A LOT EASIER SAID THAN DONE. I'M WELL AWARE OF THIS. BUT NEGATIVE VIBES ARE JUST AS CONTAGIOUS AS POSITIVE ONES, IF NOT MORE SO.

Jul 24, 2010
The answer to this question is definitely NOT women lol

C

Catlynn

So, I've seen a few people say that women hold grudges the worst but I don't feel as though I hold grudges at all. I'm very quick to forgive and forget, so to speak. I completely agree with fire_within (I like that quote btw) "It's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. Grudges will eat you alive and ultimately end up hurting all those around you, the people you love. Anyways, all that to say, CHILDREN for sure. But I think that if your spirit is lined up with God, anyone should be just as quick to forgive as a child. ^_^

Pheonix

Jan 17, 2007
In my experience the answer goes like this.

Two guys are pissed off at each over for something. They get so angry they beat the tar out of each other. three hours later they are sitting around drinking beer and watching football like old friends.

Two women are pissed off at each other over something. They get so angry at each other that they start telling stories to all their friends and playing mud slinging games, trying to make everyone they know come onto their side. 50 years later, they are still pissed off and wont speak to each other, still playing the same mudslinging games, and now its gotten to the point that the whole neighbourhood has taken sides.

C

ChristianVegan

definitely children
GOD BLESS THEM!!