Guardian Angels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Trax

What are they guarding you from? The truth? From God?

2Co 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15)
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness;
whose end shall be according to their works.

A people tread on dangerous ground when they put their faith in an angel, since they don't
know which angel is from the Lord and which isn't. The Lord is the saved person's Guardian.
Psa 115:11 Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.

A

AnandaHya

one should put their faith in God's written and revealed words.

the verses concerning Guardian angels are these:

Matthew 18:10
“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 4:11
Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Hebrews 1:7
And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

perhaps you seek to warn people to test the spirits to see if they are from God?

T

Trax

one should put their faith in God's written and revealed words.

the verses concerning Guardian angels are these:

Matthew 18:10
“Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 4:11
Then the devil left Him, and behold, angels came and ministered to Him.

Hebrews 1:7
And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”

Hebrews 1:14
Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

perhaps you seek to warn people to test the spirits to see if they are from God?
Not one of those verses says to look to an angel, call on an angel, or have faith in an angel.
The Lord is the shield. He is the one who dictates their actions.
Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Jesus could call on angels. He is their creator. But if anyone seeks out angels, satan or any other
fallen angel, would be quick to answer your call. Angels from the Lord don't free lance their
time. Even angels from the Lord aren't to be triffled with as in the case of:

Luk 1:19-20 And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings. (20) And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.

The bottom line is to stay focused on the Lord and not the angel.

C

crissy17

Angels have specific roles! They continually worship God, describing His attributes and singing praises to Him (Rev 4:6-11, Is 6:13). They are God’s servants and messengers (Heb1:7, Luke 1:19). Angels ministered to Christ, announced Christ's birth, protected and strengthened Him and explained His resurrection and ascension to men (Luke 1:26-33, Matt 2:13, 4:11,28:6, Acts 1:10,11). They protect God’s people, opposing our enemies, bringing provisions and serving as personal guardians.

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
...The bottom line is to stay focused on the Lord and not the angel.
Indeed. Some people in for instance Colosse obviously had wrong focus.
Col.2

[18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,
[19] And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
The thought of a guardian angel is nice, but I cannot understand why a Christian would look toward an angel for guidance and protection. That is what the Lord is for.

In other words, I find it rather unscriptual.

G

grigio

We all have a guardian angel. We can pray to them, ask them for help, etc etc. “From infancy to death human life is surrounded by their watchful care and intercession. Beside each believer stands an angel as protector and shepherd leading him to life. Already here on earth the Christian life shares by faith in the blessed company of angels and men united in God.”

:D

T

Trax

We all have a guardian angel. We can pray to them, ask them for help,
:D
An angel from God will not give heed to anyone's prayer. As soon as an angel from God, receives
commands or instructions from a human, that angel has turned his back on God and is now
a fallen angel. Angels take their instructions and commands directly from God and they can
not deviate any from His commands. The only people who would be foolish enough to pray
to an angel, would be an unsaved person who didn't know any better and the angel
would most likely be a fallen angel.

A saved person has the Holy Spirit in them, which is God. If an angel did happen to respond
to a person praying to him, the response would be something like this: "Why you asking me?
You are saved. You got the Holy Spirit of God in you. Why are you not asking Him?"
Just what kind of attitude does a person have of God, when that person does not want to
speak directly to God. Do they think a prayer given through an angel will carry more
weight with God, than the person's prayer directly to God?

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
The word angel derives from a Greek term that suggests the idea of sending a message.

Angels are created beings

They are not of a physical nature, and do not participate in human type actions (marriage, mating and so on)

Angels are “ministering spirits” (Heb. 1:14) who carry out the bidding of the Creator.

Angels do have an interest in the activities of Christians (1 Cor. 11:10; 1 Tim. 5:21; Heb. 1:14).

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2009
What are they guarding you from? The truth? From God?

2Co 11:14-15 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (15)
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness;
whose end shall be according to their works.

A people tread on dangerous ground when they put their faith in an angel, since they don't
know which angel is from the Lord and which isn't. The Lord is the saved person's Guardian.
Psa 115:11 Ye that fear the LORD, trust in the LORD: he is their help and their shield.
I'm not aware there are guardian angels.

Oct 31, 2011
Angels have ministered to me twice in a way that I was aware of them. Both times I asked for favors. One time was during the birth of my baby when I was aware of them saying it was best she not live for something was wrong with her body. I asked that she live. Another time my father was dying, I asked he be left until my mother could rest.

Both times that I was aware of the angel’s presence, they did not like it. It didn’t seem to be that I asked for something they objected to, but that I knew they were there. They told me only God could give permission for what I asked.

My child lived for 21 years and then died. It was wonderful having her for that time, but she was quite ill a lot of the time. My father’s life was extended long enough for my mother to rest before the trauma of his death.