Guarding Your Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
I like and agree with what you specifically said here, I’d rather him not beat around the bush and just be direct or forward about his interest in me - I also don’t click on well with “hints” or “subliminal talk” lol.
I was engaging with someone many years ago and used the term ‘dance’ in our discourse and his response blew me away. After the swooning ceased I realized the wisdom of its dispense. I fine tuned my stance and tested it on others who approached.

They were utterly unnerved. ;)

The majority are accustomed to innuendo and whittling the truth from a woman while holding their cards close. But I turned it on its head. This forces them to play their hand or step back. I value assertiveness in my partners. As a result, I’m privy to their mental agility, charisma, and conversational skills.

But I don’t set the tone or provide excessive insight on what I’m seeking in a companion. When I’ve frequented venues and completed a profile, I shared what I had to offer and emphasized qualities like leadership or extracurricular interests you couldn’t fake. Like a good golf swing.

Too much information lessens the intrigue and alters their discourse. He ceases to sell himself and relaxes on common denominators and other things we reveal. But devoid of that insight you encounter a different person. He has to lead the way. I give him the floor and watch what he does.