Guidance: new job maybe?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

I wanted everyone to pray for guidance to know what God wants us to do with our lives.

More exactly. I'm thinking about changing job choices mid stride. I am debating finishing my Secondary Education Science degree and getting a job in either a public high school or a private Christian Academy.

Some one on this site told me I was wrong to be a teacher and teach evolution and I was just self justifying my sins when I told her that you can't just NOT teach because you didn't agree with one part of the curriculum. I find it wrong and mean of her to say it, but the seed of doubt is planted.

I was going to put it on hold until my daughter started public school and just continue as a subsitute teacher part time next year anyway, but now i'm thinking of just changing course and working as a preschool teacher. I'm taking classes online now for that certification now anyway. I love crafts, music and little kids are so much easier to deal with.

I told my husband about applying for the Christian academy and he told me "you might be the type of Christian they are looking for" (in a Science teacher). What kind of Christian do they look for? I thought there was only two types: a real one and a fake one. He didn't mean it that way but still. :( I'm not a traditional typical person.

I make everyone question and not just swallow things whole and that includes EVERYTHING. NOt that I doubt God, but because I know God loves us so much that He will answer our questions and our prayers.

Anyway any advice and prayers would be great. I don't know what to do with my life. I'll just apply and see what happens.

what i really want to do is organize a group of teenagers to go to local preschools and teach them about bike safety, healthy eating and God's love, but that will probably take a while before that dream happens.

I want a group of volunteers dedicated to serving God by serving the community: visiting sick in hospitals, nursing homes, Habitat for humanity, food pantry, CIS Thrift store, etc. I've made the community contacts now to find some people willing to volunteer their time. :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying in Jesus that your decisions will be made clear.
Hugs and God bless.
pickles

L

lordsservant121

Father please help make the decision easier for this child of yours. She wants and needs your help and guidance. We understand that you are in control and our lives are in your hands but sometimes dealing with the world as do have to it becomes harder for us to see it the way we should. Help to clear her mind and show her what you expect of her. I pray this in your name, Amen.