HAITI

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wootie

How many of you KNOW that this earthquake is our opportunity to show the people of Haiti that GOD can restore their lives and land, stronger than it ever was? Sometimes you just gotta shake the Etch-a-sketch & start again.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
All of us need to pray for these people. So much death, but from death can come new life.
God bless, pickles

C

charisenexcelcis

I have a deep burden for Haiti. Haiti was the site of a particualrly horribe form of slavery. The Africans were not looked on as economic assets that you worked, but perishable items that you worked to death and then simply replaced. Fifty thousand a year they died at the hands of French slave owners and their mulatto children. They never developed a national identity and when they were free they turned the violence toward one another. In the mid and late 1900's they were under the Duveleirs, first Papa Doc, whose wife was a voodoo practitioner. He used that voodoo in a reign of terror that only escapes being called genocide because it was indiscriminate.
"A people walking in darkness saw a great light.." this is my prayer for Haiti--that in Christ they will find healing and forgiveness. For anyone who is interested I would suggest they get a copy of The Dewbreakers, a nonreligious novel about Haiti and Haitians.
And now, sorrow upon sorrow...my heart breaks for the people of Haiti.

I

iliveforHim

Hi Everyone!

This tragedy breaks my heart too! The Red Cross is accepting donations for this cause...may God help this country full of beautiful people!!!

M

miktre

I have a deep burden for Haiti. Haiti was the site of a particualrly horribe form of slavery. The Africans were not looked on as economic assets that you worked, but perishable items that you worked to death and then simply replaced. Fifty thousand a year they died at the hands of French slave owners and their mulatto children. They never developed a national identity and when they were free they turned the violence toward one another. In the mid and late 1900's they were under the Duveleirs, first Papa Doc, whose wife was a voodoo practitioner. He used that voodoo in a reign of terror that only escapes being called genocide because it was indiscriminate.
"A people walking in darkness saw a great light.." this is my prayer for Haiti--that in Christ they will find healing and forgiveness. For anyone who is interested I would suggest they get a copy of The Dewbreakers, a nonreligious novel about Haiti and Haitians.
And now, sorrow upon sorrow...my heart breaks for the people of Haiti.
I suppose theres more to the story than I know. The Dominican republic is right on the other side of the island and they don't have near the problems. If I get the time I'll check out the book. Thank you

May 21, 2009
Love A Child has been there for a long time helping the poor. If you wanted to give to them.

C

charisenexcelcis

I suppose theres more to the story than I know. The Dominican republic is right on the other side of the island and they don't have near the problems. If I get the time I'll check out the book. Thank you
The Dominicans have a very different history. Unfortunately--like the US--there was a period of time that they were the oppressors of Haiti. Regarding the US, we ruled Haiti for two decades and allowed big businesses to bring the Haitians to near slavery. I have several close friends who are missionaries in the D.R. and are sending out appeals for everyone to do what they can for Haiti. And pray!

M

miktre

The Dominicans have a very different history. Unfortunately--like the US--there was a period of time that they were the oppressors of Haiti. Regarding the US, we ruled Haiti for two decades and allowed big businesses to bring the Haitians to near slavery. I have several close friends who are missionaries in the D.R. and are sending out appeals for everyone to do what they can for Haiti. And pray!
Where would you recommend one donate their money so that the funds are best utilized?

C

charisenexcelcis

Where would you recommend one donate their money so that the funds are best utilized?
If you know of a missionary ministry that does this kind of emergency work, you might try that. If you are looking for secular, the Red Cross, I suppose.

M

miktre

If you know of a missionary ministry that does this kind of emergency work, you might try that. If you are looking for secular, the Red Cross, I suppose.
OK, thanks. I know some that go to mexico and went to New Orleans, I'll contact them. Red Cross will haft to do if they aren't involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.