Happily Married to first Husband!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hattiebod

I was just looking at the threads here and thought I would pop a wee happy one in...for a change :) anyone looking in here as a non believer would have to ask where is the security, certainty and joy in knowing we are Gods Children. I know we can all have tough times but we are living a supernatural life in Christ aren't we? so life's challenges deserve a supernatural response!! I am married to my first husband....:) 30 years next year and I will not speak of our challenges and losses, i will instead choose to be thankful for all the good. He is not saved....yet. Neither was I till 13 years ago. But God gives me the patience and the self control and the faith to know my husband will be saved. God helps me to resist banging my man over the head with a Bible daily :) He shows me how He wants me to respond. God is the sustainer and the creator of my faith, and my husbands. Not me. So all I have to do is live in obedience to God. Hard? Of course!! but its a wonderful way of life to devote oneself too. So, come on, Magnify the good, minimise the bad, focus on what you have, not what you don't. Its the only way to contentment. I know this, coz its what God tells me. Be thankful because this is the day the Lord has made. <><

Twinkle77

Sep 1, 2012
Hi Hattiebod
I agree with you about focusing on what we have and not what we don't have!!
I'm been married for 33 years and majority of the 33 years has been very very difficult and my hubby and I
came to Christ at the same time 15 years ago. During these 15 years, it was a worse struggle then when
we were not christians. But God has shown me through all the difficult times, that he was polishing me
so that I would have a more Christ like character. But it took 15 years to realise that. Its like the Israelites
in the desert for 40 years. In all honesty, I was not grateful though I thought I was. Wishing for things that
I don't have instead of thanking God for all the things he's done for me.
And now I just look at life on a daily basis and even if He doesn't do anything anymore fore me, the biggest gift He
ever gave me was my salvation. So I praise the Lord for His goodness, mercies and love and I thank Him for
everything, the good times and the hard times.
Thank you Hattiebod for your thread.
May God bless you

S

Stephen

hattiebod, Amen your thread is awesome to read and congratulations for your new life in Christ and the amazing influence you are to your husband. God Bless you sister.

Oct 31, 2011
I had a Godly marriage for 36 years. We were so united that if he came into a room I knew it, even if I didn’t see him right away. There were problems, of course, but solving them was always a together thing. After 36 years he died. I met another man who promised to also have a marriage of closeness.

This man was always separate. He shared nothing but only wanted to own me and dictate to me. I stayed with him because I had promised before God, but it was miserable. When he was gone it was as if I was freed from slavery.

For you women who do not have a real marriage as God gave us marriage, my heart goes out to you. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I noticed you said your 'first husband'. Maybe you should make him your last :)

Loved your post. Thanks for an uplifter

H

hattiebod

I noticed you said your 'first husband'. Maybe you should make him your last :)

Loved your post. Thanks for an uplifter
He is most definitely a keeper!! :)

F

Fenwick

What a Breath of fresh air. To hear positive words about a marriage.
YES,pros and cons for each of us in OUR relationship.
At the end of the day,I hear him pull into the drive,"HE'S HOME".
That's truth,that's LOVE.

Last edited:
C

caw252

Such a fresh breath of air! It's uplifting to hear a positive story about a marriage other than the (only) one I've ever known.

Reminds me of my sister's husband who gave her a 5th year anniversary card saying, "Thank you for the fun in the past 5 years. For holding up for me [and blah blah -- I dont remember]. I herewith signing myself in for another 5 years!"

I literally laughed when I read that. But I know how their marriage is; definitely a blessing to others who see them!

I really hope I can have one like theirs, and like the rest of you here. Be with one through the ups and downs and see more of the great than the dark moments in the light of God's purpose.

Thank you for being such a blessing hattiebod!