Happy Athiest

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9rKqWRNMDE[/video]

R

RaisinsMadeOfRaisins

Seems a tad harsh. I could easily tell my child, if I had one, that I didn't believe your Gods. And I consider myself pretty happy. This songs make non-religious people sound so awful.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Seems a tad harsh. I could easily tell my child, if I had one, that I didn't believe your Gods. And I consider myself pretty happy. This songs make non-religious people sound so awful.
This song may be a bit more personal for some than others. I don't expect everyone would agree with it. I like it because of my own experience. Evolution causes a crisis of faith in a lot of young teens and older teenagers. This happened to me. It plants a seed of doubt regarding existence and is successful in destroying a kids outlook on life. If kids being taught evolution in school buy into it, a lot of them lose their ability to discern right from wrong. If there is no God and if there s nothing to look forward to, then why does anything I do matter? It wouldn't. So the only option would become more involved with the "self" than with others. Do what you can to climb the evolutionary and social ladder. It doesn't matter who you step on on your way, because they are lesser creatures than you. This is exactly what modern day satanism teaches. "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law." -aleister crowley, father of modern day satanism. This is their agenda, to push evolution and progress into higher beings through evolution, becoming gods ourselves.

This would , by no means, effect every child that is taught evolution, but for some it is detrimental to them. They begin to search for answers somewhere other than the church. There is nothing wrong with looking at everything at face value and then making your decision on what you believe is right, but teaching evolution to kids before they have had a chance to weigh one view against another is in a way robbing them of a chance to make their own choice. By they time they are adults they have already developed a disliking, or even hated, for anything "simple-minded" and "primitive" like religion. Thanks for your comment.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
In fact, evolution should be categorized as a religious doctrine and not be allowed in schools. If they are allowed to teach evolution, which blatantly destroys religious belief, then other religions should also be taught in schools for for a child's conscious comparison.

Jan 23, 2011
In fact, evolution should be categorized as a religious doctrine and not be allowed in schools. If they are allowed to teach evolution, which blatantly destroys religious belief, then other religions should also be taught in schools for for a child's conscious comparison.
Evolution is NOT a religious belief, its a scientific theory that makes no statement on religious doctrine.There are millions of religious people, Christian and otherwise who find no fault with it. One does not reject the theory of gravity just because you want to be able to fly. A theory in science isn't just a guess, but a time tested, proven concept that has been developed, attacked, destroyed, rebuilt, added to and deleted from for years. It represents the full body of our current knowledge that we have on a subject, and evolution is one of the most well studied theories in all of science.

Even ignoring all of that, I dont see why you wouldn't want to have evolution as part of their belief system. Its...beautiful. The slow, creeping march to complexity and specialization is just so simple, so beautiful that it just reeks of the divine. I think its kind of insulting to god to think that he would just come and make all life all at once, only to try and trick us into believe its older or something.

I know you have your own deeply held belief and I probably won't change your mind as in regards to evolution, but I just wanted to put it out there that evolution is not mutually exclusive with christianity or any other religion. Its a beautiful, simple way of viewing the origin of life, and if you do believe in God, its a very elegant way for him to do it.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Evolution is NOT a religious belief, its a scientific theory that makes no statement on religious doctrine.There are millions of religious people, Christian and otherwise who find no fault with it. One does not reject the theory of gravity just because you want to be able to fly. A theory in science isn't just a guess, but a time tested, proven concept that has been developed, attacked, destroyed, rebuilt, added to and deleted from for years. It represents the full body of our current knowledge that we have on a subject, and evolution is one of the most well studied theories in all of science.

Even ignoring all of that, I dont see why you wouldn't want to have evolution as part of their belief system. Its...beautiful. The slow, creeping march to complexity and specialization is just so simple, so beautiful that it just reeks of the divine. I think its kind of insulting to god to think that he would just come and make all life all at once, only to try and trick us into believe its older or something.

I know you have your own deeply held belief and I probably won't change your mind as in regards to evolution, but I just wanted to put it out there that evolution is not mutually exclusive with christianity or any other religion. Its a beautiful, simple way of viewing the origin of life, and if you do believe in God, its a very elegant way for him to do it.
Evolution teaches that life started spontaneously and the universe was created from nothing through the big bang, leaving any type of spiritual creator out of the equation. It destroys the spiritual and confines mankinds understanding to the physical. I agree that it is possible that God could have used parts of evolution as creation, or he could have created the world in a literal 7 days as the bible says. I don't know enough to form an opinion.

The fact is that evolution is a theory that is being taught as fact, and leaves out the possibly of divine creation. As far as evolution goes, as per darwen's origin of species idea, God did -not- have us evolve from monkeys. It's crazy to even think that is what happened, even to a rational mind. I don't see any giraffes with penguin wings, or half-monkey human abominations walking around. Or snakes with bird wings. If evolution was true, we would see these mutations evident in our world, and not some obscure genetic deformities that have only been found in a few creatures that only -resemble- being some type of true evolution.

It also causes confusion in the minds of people. This alone is enough evidence to disprove it.
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. How much confusion has the evolution theory caused in churches today? How many people have had crisis over faith because of this"non-religious" teaching? It completely contradicts the bible, as beautiful it may seem. How many people have asked their preaches about what they think about evolution, just to be met with an "I don't know" answer? This is not God's way.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Advocating survival of the fittest in itself breeds a sinful attitude. It tells kids they can do what they want because only the strong survive contrary to what Jesus teaches us that the meek are the victors, not the strong.

Matthew 5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

ForthAngel

Aug 31, 2012
Advocating survival of the fittest in itself breeds a sinful attitude. It tells kids they can do what they want because only the strong survive contrary to what Jesus teaches us that the meek are the victors, not the strong.

Matthew 5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
If you read the versus preceeding thiese, you find out what kind of people he is talking to when saying these things.

Matthew 4 23-25
23 And Jesus went about Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. 24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them. 25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judea, and from beyond Jordan.

Now these people he was addressing about inheriting the earth and the kingdom of heaven, what kind of people were they? Sick? Palsy? Lunatick? Evolution teaches us that these types of people/animals eventually die out, due to natural selection. There is no scripture I have found that supports evolution as a possible interpretation of God's creation.

Ecclesiastes 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.