Hard Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Alex_Nikkdo

I really need prayer. I lost touch with God after a really tramatic incident and since then my attitude has only gotten worse. I have been really self-hating. Last week I had a relization that I was a lot happier when I was in church and surrounded with other Christians. So I went to church with my biological mother who I have a lot of bad history with, and I couldn't just focus on the good points of the message. Instead I was picking apart the message and the church. Please pray that my heart will soften and that I see myself everyday as a beautiful creation of God.

Adrianv125

Jan 17, 2011
I'm so sorry to hear this friend. I also myself walked away from God for such a long time, and that was just the most miserable and most meaningless time of my life. Until one day I realized that my Father really loves me and really wants the best for me. I came back to Him and He received me with the most loving embrace, I felt His presence and broke down to tears when I did. Since that moment on I realized that we depend upon Him. We need His word to shower our lives and to abide in our hearts, in the center of our beings. I realized that even though He knows our needs before we ask Him for them that He loves it when His children seek Him with all their hearts realizing that we have a Father who loves us and who wants only the best for us, which is to be conformed to the image of His Son. For this very purpose He sent Him to the earth, so that we might become co-heirs with Him. Because all things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made. All creation is upheld by Him. I also realized that this life is but a vapor, and came to the inevitable reality that this life does end, but that eternity follows. Then through scripture I realized how meaningless it is to live for things or people in this life when it's easy to see that they don't satisfy and don't save your soul. But God almighty who created the universe loves us so much that He was willing to die before living without us. So draw close to Him and He will draw close to you. He is waiting to pour out His love upon your life.

God bless you!

A

Alex_Nikkdo

Thank you for your encouragement!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you in Jesus that your heart will be softened and filled with the joy of His perfect love.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
Well, i think you should go to God, surrender your life to Him and ask that His will be done in you forever, ask Him to remove your burdens and cares and to fill you with His love, joy and peace. He will do it... Have a beautiful day. God bless

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I really need prayer. I lost touch with God after a really tramatic incident and since then my attitude has only gotten worse. I have been really self-hating. Last week I had a relization that I was a lot happier when I was in church and surrounded with other Christians. So I went to church with my biological mother who I have a lot of bad history with, and I couldn't just focus on the good points of the message. Instead I was picking apart the message and the church. Please pray that my heart will soften and that I see myself everyday as a beautiful creation of God.
How are you doing?
The broken heart, when one looks to superglue instead of Jesus can be a struggle to trust to Jesus again.
I know, I wanted Jesus so much, but was also so afraid of the pain again.
And everything seemed so false.
I know to step froward again in Jesus can be hard to to do, but it really isnt.
Its just ourself getting in the way because pain of heart seems like it will never recover.
I remember asking Jesus how can you repair a heart destroyed?
Jesus answered me saying, I dont repair it, I give you mine.
Perfect and strong, filled with His Love.
Its takes time learning His heart, but the step in faith of recieving it, was he step that saved me from death.
His heart will hurt at times, but it is a sorrow, made of His love, able to do all in Jesus.
Ask Jesus for His heart, He loves giving it to you. :)
You continue in my prayers in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

K

kandersen120406

Praying for you that God leads you back to his righteous path and that you find happiness within yourself again. God Bless!

A

Alex_Nikkdo

Thank you everyone! I broke down today. I just started talking to God and asked him for his forgiveness and mercy. Thank you everyone for your encouragement and words of wisdom. Please continue to pray with me for continued healing and grace.

S

skittles_26

There's this book that might help you, I'm thinking of reading it too. It's called "When I Don't Desire God" by John Piper :)