Hard Lesson Learned...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 7, 2009
God has kept me from doing some stupid things by giving me an inner warning feeling.
Not sure if anyone esle has that, but it's like, you sense danger and by lsitening to it you avoid disaster!

Now I have not always listened to that, and I will tell you that when I did not listen, i paid the price.

I will share a true story that happened to me a few months back. I learned a very severe lesson from it.

I meet this one girl, and we she took me to her church. Things started out very nice, we where keeping boundaries and respecting what God said about how people that are not married should act per what God says. Into the 4th week, she came back to here apartment where i was waiting for her, and she was drunk and she told me she had messed around with another girl from church that we had hung out with for a while. She was drunk and stoned.

I had referred to her as my angel, because she did so much to help me get back on the path to Christ. I don't judge people...I try not to...but I was kinda let down...Lesson number one; "People, ~PHAIL~ us". Period...

I knew she got high, and I just dismissed it and looked are her good attributes and ignored that she did get stoned 3 times a week. She called it "refreshments". I actually thought it was cute. I am sober and dont drink or do drug, but I am not the Judge, only God is per His word and what HE says.

Several of my friends told me to watchout and to be careful, they did not want to be swayed one way or the other. I told them not to worry, that I was strong and not able to be tempted.

To come to the lesson, God, the Holy Spirit, told me that was it, to break it off and go about my seprate ways and i did not listen....I thought, ok....everyone messes up...we are NOT perfect.

We ended up messing around, and doing what God said not to do if you are not married...like Millions of others are doing without remorse or shame. Sometimes things work out when you disobey God and you know what? Sometimes they DON"T. I think God looks at our Hearts, more so than what we actually do.
That to me is the only thing that makes any kind of sense what so ever.

So, the condition of the Heart is very important to God. Just becasue Millions of people are doing SIN without remorse and tempting others to do the same sin, just out of sheer numbers...kind of like
Lemmings. Does any one know what a Lemming is? The definition of what I am going for us this:

Lemming:
The act of following the crowd into an investment that will inevitably head for disaster.

SO, I thought to myself, nothing can Happen, Millions of people are having sex without being married, and things are seeming to work out. Plus, Marriages are Phailing all over the place, and I am not getting any younger.
So I justified that sin by what others are doing. BIG MISTAKE.

If you can take Heed or warning from this I suggest it bigtime.

God told me not to go back over to her apartment. Period. It was not a audiable voice, but it was a very loud thought. Can anyone relate?

However, I did not listen to that unction, and man, I am not going to tell you what happened.

But, it was not good.

So, in other words, God is all about obedience. SO much so, sometimes I think thats the only thing HE really cares about.

I detest the internet and what it has done and is doing and will continue to do to our society.

Yes, it has done some good, but the bad it has wrought upon us outweighs the good by VAST amounts.

Moral of this actual experience of mine is this:

begin
MASSIVE SIN = Lemmings;
(The act of following the crowd into an investment that will inevitably head for disaster)= PHAILZ
end