Hard time forgiving my mother

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Cassie84

Hi guys!

I just wanna share the fact that Satan attacked me very badly through someone very close to me: my own mother. This has brought me down greatly, and also affected my walk with the Lord. Please pray that the Lord gives me the strength to forgive and that He brings healing in my family. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
I don't know all about your relationship with mother. I have felt the same in my life. The Lord separated me from my relatives. What regarding you I don't know thus I will pray for your request. May God himself will point you. God bless you, Cassie84.

P

priestessblue

I will pray for you. I don't think God wants us to force things. Sometimes you can forgive when you can forgive if that makes sense. You can't will things in my book. I was badly abused by my father and do understand how it can be. YOU ARE BRAVE

N

NMsmile

Father God you are the healer of relationships, emotions, and hurts that are beyond our control. Jesus your child, Cassie84 recognizes the gulf in her relationship with her mother. God I ask you to reach down and change behaviors, reactions, catelysts, and actions. I ask you to let Cassie find favor with those around her. Lord let her mom see your patience, love, joy, peace, longsuffing, hope and her utter comfort in you, her Savior. Lord I ask you to give Cassie supernatural peace and understanding of her mom's actions so it won't bother her anymore. But most of all I ask you to hold her close to you so she will know that you are God and have a perfect plan for her life. God I ask you to help her to be still and know that you are God and that you have forgiven us and we can do no less for those who have wronged us. Jesus let her know that you are her Father who loved her before she was born. Amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you and your mom, that Jesus will fill your heart with His love and forgiveness for your mom, and heal all that brought this injury.

Hugs and God bless.:)
pickles

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
You know, sometimes you just have to say those words "I forgive you Mom" It may be hard, it may hurt, but just say those words even just to yourself. Force them to come out! God bless

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
I will pray for you. May God strengthen you and helps you. Amen.

Last edited:
M

Maya86

Praying for you two. Praying that God comforts you too and heals you two and grants you two compassion, love, wisdom, understanding and patience.

C

Cassie84

Thank you, everyone. God bless you too! <3

S

shekaniah

Forgiveness is for the healing of your heart too. When we hang on to bitterness...we just continue hurting ourselves.
If we say the words...God will complete the healing. I pray that God fills you with knowledge, depth and insight, So you may discern
what is best and be pure and blameless until the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. God bless