Has any of your tastes in anime/video games changed because of the fact that you got

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
the gift of tounges?

I'm interested in getting the gift tounges, and I think the main reason that I have it yet is that I have some fear about getting it. Basically, I'm mostly worried that what I like in anime and video games will either change or I'll get convicted about watching/playing them.

Mostly I'm worried about my tastes being changed about...

One Piece
Naruto
Bleach

you know major anime like them.

For video games...

Final Fantasy
Tales of Series
Star Ocean

games like them...

D

dmdave17

Re: Has any of your tastes in anime/video games changed because of the fact that you

Dear dothackzero,
I believe your worries are well-founded. As long as you cling to these anime and games, you will not (I believe) advance to the next level of Christianity. According to Scripture, the goal of each Christian is be as much like Christ as possible. While God acknowledges that we are flesh and blood, and will never achieve the perfection of Christ, it is to that we should aspire.
And if He was anything, Jesus was peace loving. In Matthew 5, verses 43 and 44, he said "You have heard it said 'love your neighbor and hate your enemy'. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.". He also said, "If someone slaps you on the cheek, turn to them the other also." (Luke 6:29)
Similarly, the Bible is full of admonitions about sexual immorality. In his first letter to the Corinthians, Paul warned "Flee from sexual immorality." (1 Corinthians 6:18) In Mark 7, verse 21, Jesus said "For out of the heart come evil thoughts-murder, adultery, sexual immorality,...". (emphasis added)
It is my understanding that these anime and games you speak of contain a lot of violence and sex. Therefore, I believe that as long as you continue to keep them in your life, God will not consider you ready for any additional gifts.
God bless you.

X

xJoe

First of all I am not someone who believes in the gift of tongues and such but I will speak primarily for God using you
Video games and Anime is entertainment. (if they are not centered around Sex or some sort)
GOD GIFTED EVERYONE for his purpose, so I would say not everything in this category would be affected, we are suppose to enjoy this world that God has given us. It would defeat the purpose of being a Christian if we are miserable! But enjoying something sinful is not enjoying Gods world. It is enjoying Satans!
I became serious about God and I gave up a lot of trash. But I did not give up every show or every game I played.
But the thing is if God wanted me to give up all of that then I would.
If YOU are not willing to give up things for God and want to do a pick and choose sacrifice thing then you will not grow in that aspect I can promise.
You will be at that same point your entire life. God may still use you for other things yes but you will be a limited use to God.
GOD CHANGES YOUR DESIRES!!!! If God wants you to give up something he will take away your strong desire for it. I used to listen to every kind of bad song imaginable but out of no where I stopped without even thinking about it. How? God!!! But God won't change your desire unless you want him to.
It is a better life I can promise you that with no doubt in my words. Once we give it all to God and let him pick and choose our life THEN we can really enjoy it. Clinging on to Sin will make us depressed. It might satisfy us for a time but deep down we will be empty.
Give God a chance and see what he wants.
God created Life, don't you think he knows how to enjoy it the best way?

Feb 1, 2011
Re: Has any of your tastes in anime/video games changed because of the fact that you

this is why I plan to make a christian manga! XD

T

Timofree

Don't be afraid to lose the temporal when thirsting for Gods best, I appreciate what your saying though, I held out on becoming a Christian so I could hold onto getting drunk, I would now, God willing never consider getting drunk again, the same with games and music, I don't miss what I thought I would (still have a fond memory of Final Fantasy 7 :) )

Having spoken in tongues from a month ago, Id encourage you study further, and pray about it, it has been a great help to me to speak in an unknown language! You'll be thankful and further rewarded, when it comes to eternity, your standing before the judgement seat of Christ and you chose God over the world. My spirit is willing, and flesh is weak in some areas myself, but with His help we should all desire to be more like Christ
, Im sure we'll look back and wonder why we didn't try and die to the flesh sooner, onwards and upwards :)

B

bobie

i quit watching anime after the age of 22!

A

Aqua_Girl09

like the above said. theres nothing in the bible that says we can't watch tv. there are plenty of things that are ok to watch and others that aren't ok. like i know some people who just watching a chick flick will fill their minds with thoughts that they're not supposed to have. so that ppl can't watch them. but other ppl can watch them just fine. while you're watching or playing just think "if Jesus was sitting next to me would he enjoy them with me?" type thing. but i watch naruto and bleach and i think when it comes to anime and games its not so much if its ok to watch or not its more is it taking away time that you should be spending with God. are you giving up reading your bible for a day cause you have to finish this episode or beat this last level type thing. ^_^

pray about it. its not a hard answer to find.

S

Shield

Tongues won't always make a big difference, the process isn't a binary switch that turns on the Holy Spirit or not. It is a relationship that you grow in, the Holy Spirit convicts us towards righteousness while Satan condemns us in shame. You don't have to be afraid because your heart is moved by joy towards something better and the things of the world will just grow dim while the fruit of walking with him surpasses any entertainment.

I know it happened in my life that my desires changed from escapism in entertainment to encouraging others in a close community.