Has anyone had a spiritual experience they can remember?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ashkuhn

I am not saying this to sound crazy because I have only told a couple people, but I remember when I was a little girl.. Maybe like 5 or 6 years old... I didn't live in the best home back then. My mom partied a lot and my father was in prison.. I remember going to sleep scared about something and waking up and there were all these other little girls sleeping around me in a circle and they were all wearing white nightgowns.. I may just be a little crazy but I've always had this memory. It may have just been a dream, but I wonder if they were guardian angels there to protect me (Like I said before I wasn't always living in the safest environment when I was really young). I dunno.. Has anything like this happened to any of you?

W

walkinthespirit

how did they make you feel? have you asked the LORD about it, He would confirm whether it was from HIM or not.

A

Ashkuhn

I remember how I felt.. I just went back to sleep.. It wasn't scary at all. I just remember lying there and wondering why there were girls around me.. And feeling at peace with it and going back to sleep.

A

Ashkuhn

I haven't asked the Lord about it, but I will.. I have always wondered if it was only a dream. But it seemed so real.. And I remember it so well.

W

walkinthespirit

Well perhaps they were angels, God has given me a picture of angels, when there was witchcraft coming against us, I felt their presence, and when the picture came back there were angels in it, I can also feel their presence from time to time. God is good, all the time!
the Lord had callen me to pray linked angels around my daughter and her unborn child, a few weeks later they were in a terrible accident, they hit a moose, usually its a fatality when this happens, but the Lord saved them!

Mar 18, 2009
Well, the most prominent spiritual experience in my recent memory was about 7 years ago.

To keep a very long and painful story as short as possible, I was deeply in love with my (now ex-) girlfriend, but she left me for someone else. I'd done and said many things which I now know I shouldn't have, and this rejection threw me into a suicidal fit. My heart felt so consumed by loneliness, pain, and anger, and I wanted to just end everything. So, crying my eyes out, I grabbed a large kitchen knife, intending to slit my wrist. I din't want to die, but I figured life had nothing left for me at that point. My entire world was wrapped around my love for this woman, and now it was gone.

The blade had just touched my arm when I heard an audible, gentle voice: "Put it down." No one else was there, so I thought I was imagining things. Again, the voice said, "Put it down." Tears filling my eyes, I simply asked, "Why? I've got nothing left! I don't belong here!" One more time, the voice simply said, "Put it down." I knew the only explanation for it was God, so I again asked, "Why?"

Suddenly, I experienced what I could only describe as a vision from God. I saw my gravestone, leaves blowing around all over the place...and the woman I loved, crying her eyes out. The only thing she kept saying was, "Why? Why'd you do it? Was it because of me?" I realized that God was showing me what would happen if I went through with suicide. Still in deep emotional pain, I knew that putting my ex or anyone I loved through the same feelings would be even worse. Resigned, I dropped the knife...and to this day, I've never attempted suicide again. That doesn't mean I haven't thought about it, but I've made my choice: it's life.