Has anyone here found out there carbohydrate tolerance

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
https://www.defeatdiabetes.com.au/finding-your-carbohydrate-tolerance/ by Nicole Moore Master Nutrition APD, this does not just apply to diabetes but all people

Everyone is expected to have a carbohydrate tolerance. but also a person can be at searious health risk if they eat not to many carbs each day for to long. especialy thos with undelying health issues.

How to calculate carbohydrate tolerance
"Tolerance level" is the amount of carbohydrate you can eat before your blood sugar levels start spiking and you gain weight. If you overindulge in carbs, (as we often all once did), you might also experience other symptoms such as tiredness, hunger and fogginess.

Some people can tolerate 50 grams of carbohydrate per day (such as a bowl of spaghetti). Others may tolerate up to 100 grams per day (think two sandwiches or a large portion of rice). Yet others may only be able to consume 25 grams of carbohydrate per day (such as half a burger bun).

It's important to figure out the correct carbohydrate formula for you. How much carbohydrate can you eat each before it starts impacting your health, you gain weight and your blood sugar levels spike sky-high?

The first thing to do is to work out how much total carbohydrate you're currently eating. We do this by calclating the average total carbohydrates in all the foods and fluids you eat each day. You need to become a carbohydrate detective! We recommend referring to the Defeat Diabetes carbohydrate food list so you can get a good idea of how many carbs wind up in your tummy each day.

Next, measure your fasting blood sugar levels in the morning, before you start eating for the day. Measure this every day for a week so you can determine your average fasting blood sugar levels.

Finally, I suggest you aim to go on a low carb approach diet of 50 grams of carbohydrate per day. This will lower blood sugar levels on average over time and give you a benchmark to use as a measuring tool.

Once you've been following 50 grams of carbohydrate per day for at least three weeks, or until your high blood sugar levels are reduced closer to a healthy fasting range of between 5-7 mmol/L, you can then start adding carbohydrates to determine how much you can tolerate before your blood sugar levels spike again.

For example, if you eat 50 grams of carbohydrate per day for a few weeks and your average blood sugar levels drop from 8 mmol/L to 6 mmol/L, fasted, you can slowly add more carbohydrate to your diet. You might increase to 70 grams per day then 80 grams, then 100g per day, to determine how much carbohydrate you can safely eat before your blood sugar spikes to 8 mmol/L again.

Once your blood sugar levels have spiked you have reached your carbohydrate threshold or tolerance levels. You now know how many carbohydrates you can have before your blood sugar levels reach unacceptable levels, and so how many grams of carbohydrate you need to stick to per day.

This is powerful information to have and will allow you to manage your type 2 diabetes, as long as you don't exceed your carbohydrate tolerance!

In summary
  1. Everyone has a different carbohydrate threshold or tolerance level. We can all eat different amounts of carbohydrate before our blood sugars start to rise and our pants get tight, and we experience gastrointestinal symptoms such as bloating, tiredness and fogginess.
  2. To work out your carbohydrate tolerance or threshold level we recommend you start tracking how many grams of carbohydrate you're eating each day and what your current average fasting blood sugar level is.
  3. You might consider a low carb intake of 50 grams of carbohydrate per day until your blood sugar levels drop to a lower and healthier range.
  4. Then slowly start adding more carbohydrate back to your diet. Once you see your blood sugar levels spike and/or your weight going up this is your threshold or tolerance level. You now know how much carbohydrate you can tolerate.
  5. You need to become a carb detective using the Defeat Diabetes carbohydrate food list to calculate how much carbohydrate you're eating each day.
Improving our blood sugar levels and weight to defeat diabetes is determined by understanding how much carbohydrate and sugar our bodies can tolerate and knowing our carbohydrate threshold.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
For example, if you eat 50 grams of carbohydrate per day for a few weeks and your average blood sugar levels drop from 8 mmol/L to 6 mmol/L, fasted, you can slowly add more carbohydrate to your diet. You might increase to 70 grams per day then 80 grams, then 100g per day, to determine how much carbohydrate you can safely eat before your blood sugar spikes to 8 mmol/L again

Its very important to know your blood sugar level befor you lower your daily carb intake. as you may not need to lower your carbs to low for to long.

ways to test your blood sugar at home

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/home-blood-glucose-testing#2-6

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
why did you say my post was informitive @Magenta
Because it is!!! I had not heard of carb tolerance/intolerance before, though I do understand it is a very important consideration for those who are already diabetic, as my closest sister's youngest daughter was diagnosed with type one at a very early age... one of the youngest ever, apparently. I have known other diabetics, also, but it is not something they put front and center in their lives so much in terms of letting other people know all they must do and deal with because of their disease. One such person was rather very lax about looking after their diabetes, which was quite a concern for those who knew them. I know too that it gets very taxing for the one so afflicted, having to be so vigilant all the time, when there is so much they must do regularly and much they cannot do, to the point where it is quite a burden to carry knowing their life is at constant risk. And heard other stories, too, of diabetics having seizures, even while they sleep, and dying from such sudden seizures, due to their blood sugar levels.

Many diabetics do not get a proper diagnosis early on because people are unaware of the symptoms. My sister was a nurse for many decades, so she picked up on the signs in her daughter early, and I have heard many stories over the years concerning this. Any who, I love my carbs LOL. I cannot imagine living life without pasta and rice noodles and bean and pea vermicelli. I was for a short time eating naan bread with my morning omelet, or with a banana wrapped inside with peanut butter, and was somewhat horrified to see the carb count of one naan listed as being 49! My sister mentioned also that bagels are particularly difficult for a diabetic to properly account for, as the carb count and/or blood sugar effect in them is often much higher than listed on the packaging.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Ummm
I've lived well for weeks, months and years on a high carb, low protein, low fat diet.

In fact high protein, high fat diets are definitely NOT for me. When I eat in this fashion I get fat. Just the reverse, it's slimming for me.

Give me this day my daily loaf....
jam it up and do not toast...
oh please with the honey and cinnamon sugar...
don't lard it up lest I becomes boar.

Actually diet is a function of genetics...my genetics (as uploaded to pub med) has returned results that show me exactly what I need to do to be trim and healthy...

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Because it is!!! I had not heard of carb tolerance/intolerance before, though I do understand it is a very important consideration for those who are already diabetic, as my closest sister's youngest daughter was diagnosed with type one at a very early age... one of the youngest ever, apparently. I have known other diabetics, also, but it is not something they put front and center in their lives so much in terms of letting other people know all they must do and deal with because of their disease. One such person was rather very lax about looking after their diabetes, which was quite a concern for those who knew them. I know too that it gets very taxing for the one so afflicted, having to be so vigilant all the time, when there is so much they must do regularly and much they cannot do, to the point where it is quite a burden to carry knowing their life is at constant risk. And heard other stories, too, of diabetics having seizures, even while they sleep, and dying from such sudden seizures, due to their blood sugar levels.

Many diabetics do not get a proper diagnosis early on because people are unaware of the symptoms. My sister was a nurse for many decades, so she picked up on the signs in her daughter early, and I have heard many stories over the years concerning this. Any who, I love my carbs LOL. I cannot imagine living life without pasta and rice noodles and bean and pea vermicelli. I was for a short time eating naan bread with my morning omelet, or with a banana wrapped inside with peanut butter, and was somewhat horrified to see the carb count of one naan listed as being 49! My sister mentioned also that bagels are particularly difficult for a diabetic to properly account for, as the carb count and/or blood sugar effect in them is often much higher than listed on the packaging.
Thankyou for your reply and your always welcome to reply anytime to any of my threads,

You are so right that this topic is important.

I have researched diet and nutricion my whole life. So this topic is of high interest to me.

I can see that you too have interest in this topic and i would love to chat more with you.

Befor we get of to a wrong foot here tho i too love my carbs from diffrent foods, This is a converstaion im raising to open up awareness plus hopefully discuss my life time of research with other enthusiasts in the nutricion buisness.

I have researched lots of diffrent foods that contain lots of fats and little carbs (sugar) it is my belief that one of the reasons people have problems with putting on weight is they dont eat enough essential fats from food. for example why do so many foods contain more calories from fat than sugar in them , and there are thousands of diffrent foods in this nature?.

My studies have lead me to a place of, if a person upsets the balance and has more carbs (sugar) than fat. or not enough fat from foods and high carb intake, there may be issues. For the reason being so many realy good nutricous foods are higher in calories from fat but lower in calories from carbs and sugar in food,

I have planned diets of exactly 150 grams of carbs a day in a diet. or 100 grams of carbs a day in a diet to 50 grams a day in a diet. Which im sure you can appreciate requires a lot of research planning and commitment. you can still test your blood on a 150 gram a day carb diet and enjoy a wide range of carbs in each meal from a wide range of many food. You can actually become a really good chef cooking weekly diets this way.

Through my perservearance i can now handle 150 grams of carbs a day with adding more fat to foods and feel great the next day. But it never use to be that way and professional people said i should stick to no more than 100 grams of carbs a day.

droping to 50 grams of carbs a day is hard and you may need supplments like magnesium when you go on this diet for 3 weeks. I can still make a 50 gram a day carb diet enjoyable tho with a wide range of diffrent food that contain carbs and have it tasting mouth wateringly delicous.

The biggest challenge to the awareness of this topic is why exceed your blood sugar level when you do not need to. Well one could say that does not matter, but does it ?.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Ummm
I've lived well for weeks, months and years on a high carb, low protein, low fat diet.

In fact high protein, high fat diets are definitely NOT for me. When I eat in this fashion I get fat. Just the reverse, it's slimming for me.

Give me this day my daily loaf....
jam it up and do not toast...
oh please with the honey and cinnamon sugar...
don't lard it up lest I becomes boar.

Actually diet is a function of genetics...my genetics (as uploaded to pub med) has returned results that show me exactly what I need to do to be trim and healthy...
I would love to chat more with you and welcome you to reply further, I do love to keep food conversations polite, theres one to many food fights for me.
I'm pleased for you, fats in foods are really what makes the food tasty for me, your sweet tooth tho is not the food if you know what i mean. Some fats are really healthy for you

I can make a wide range of sweet and sour dishes using a wide range of foods containing higher carbs, and i love to cook in hundreds of different foods containing lots of different ratio of carbs fats and sugars.

Have you ever lived of a diet that is just mainly higher in calories from foods high in carbs than calories from foods high in fats ?. And if so for how long. a typical meal 350 calories from fats 150 carlories from carbs if you went for typical meat and two veg rule, or if your vegan nuts and two veg.

Most of the foods high in protein comes from foods higher in fats. if you wanted to get your daily protein from low fat foods you would have to eat a lot of veges or high carbs foods and i mean a lot to get your daily protein. or you would have to take protein supplements from pea protein or something. I am not a fan of that diet, but if it is working for you, then good. I'm a fan that you need the essential energy calories from healthy fats in foods to break down the sugar in your body ?. THe biggest reason why so many life saving foods are life saving foods is there higher in calories from fats than they are from foods high in carbs.in my humble oppinion,

I would love to chat more with you and welcome you to take part more in this discussion

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I would love to chat more with you and welcome you to reply further, I do love to keep food conversations polite, theres one to many food fights for me.
I'm pleased for you, fats in foods are really what makes the food tasty for me, your sweet tooth tho is not the food if you know what i mean. Some fats are really healthy for you

I can make a wide range of sweet and sour dishes using a wide range of foods containing higher carbs, and i love to cook in hundreds of different foods containing lots of different ratio of carbs fats and sugars.

Have you ever lived of a diet that is just mainly higher in calories from foods high in carbs than calories from foods high in fats ?. And if so for how long. a typical meal 350 calories from fats 150 carlories from carbs if you went for typical meat and two veg rule, or if your vegan nuts and two veg.

Most of the foods high in protein comes from foods higher in fats. if you wanted to get your daily protein from low fat foods you would have to eat a lot of veges or high carbs foods and i mean a lot to get your daily protein. or you would have to take protein supplements from pea protein or something. I am not a fan of that diet, but if it is working for you, then good. I'm a fan that you need the essential energy calories from healthy fats in foods to break down the sugar in your body ?. THe biggest reason why so many life saving foods are life saving foods is there higher in calories from fats than they are from foods high in carbs.in my humble oppinion,

I would love to chat more with you and welcome you to take part more in this discussion
Im not a vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination... ROFL.

Just a recovered chef who is just a few credits shy of getting a master's in dietary science...aka your run of the mill licensed dieticians degree.

People generally over eat on proteins...
A 2oz steak or an egg a day is usually sufficient protein so long as the rest of the calories are made up of carbs and fats.

Look at it this way.
An 8oz steak is a fairly small steak that leaves plenty of room for all the trimmings.
BUT
A 8oz loaf of bread is extremely difficult to consume in one sitting...no room left for much else to go with it. Especially if another ,8oz glass of water is drank with it. But I recommend a glass of juice because that 8 oz steak will be high in fat too...to the point of being twice the calories of the bread.

Not that specialized diets for diabetics and borderline diabetics are not necessary...but that's in a category of diet for those with disease. Not average healthy people. Just saying...

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Im not a vegetarian by any stretch of the imagination... ROFL.

Just a recovered chef who is just a few credits shy of getting a master's in dietary science...aka your run of the mill licensed dieticians degree.

People generally over eat on proteins...
A 2oz steak or an egg a day is usually sufficient protein so long as the rest of the calories are made up of carbs and fats.

Look at it this way.
An 8oz steak is a fairly small steak that leaves plenty of room for all the trimmings.
BUT
A 8oz loaf of bread is extremely difficult to consume in one sitting...no room left for much else to go with it. Especially if another ,8oz glass of water is drank with it. But I recommend a glass of juice because that 8 oz steak will be high in fat too...to the point of being twice the calories of the bread.

Not that specialized diets for diabetics and borderline diabetics are not necessary...but that's in a category of diet for those with disease. Not average healthy people. Just saying...
This is one of the big reasons i posted this topic, For the question of why exceed a safe blood sugar level that is sufficient for anyone if you do not need to. Personally in my humble opinion if you plan your whole week of diet to know exactly what your blood sugar level will be at the end of the week, would you call that a specialized diet or Just being smart. Can anyone exceed their blood sugar level and not put on weight ?. Well yes of course for pregnant women or people doing exercise.

But I'm talking to an average person in a routine doing the same work day in day out and same exercise day in day out. Why would that person need to exceed a blood sugar level that makes them put on weight, or b have to little blood sugar that makes them lose weight. If that typical average person is comfortable with their weight. Would you not also say that it would be a good idea to find out what their daily and weekly carb tolerance would be.

You could say to this question well a typical healthy person would not need to because there not diabetic or borderline diabetic and their body regulates sugar accordingly etc. But what about in the case of putting on weight. Can any living person eat loads of sugar each day and not put on weight ?. Would it not be wise to know exactly what your blood sugar level peaks at from the amount of carbs you eat each week

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This is one of the big reasons i posted this topic, For the question of why exceed a safe blood sugar level that is sufficient for anyone if you do not need to. Personally in my humble opinion if you plan your whole week of diet to know exactly what your blood sugar level will be at the end of the week, would you call that a specialized diet or Just being smart. Can anyone exceed their blood sugar level and not put on weight ?. Well yes of course for pregnant women or people doing exercise.

But I'm talking to an average person in a routine doing the same work day in day out and same exercise day in day out. Why would that person need to exceed a blood sugar level that makes them put on weight, or b have to little blood sugar that makes them lose weight. If that typical average person is comfortable with their weight. Would you not also say that it would be a good idea to find out what their daily and weekly carb tolerance would be.

You could say to this question well a typical healthy person would not need to because there not diabetic or borderline diabetic and their body regulates sugar accordingly etc. But what about in the case of putting on weight. Can any living person eat loads of sugar each day and not put on weight ?. Would it not be wise to know exactly what your blood sugar level peaks at from the amount of carbs you eat each week
The daily and weekly caloric needs are determined on an individual basis. A four foot 10 inches woman who works a reception desk in an office or at a computer daily caloric needs are not going to be the same as a six foot six guy who delivers milk to grocery stores on a daily basis.
The milkman is going to need to eat a lot. The receptionist is going to pretend to eat.

There are highly specific formulas for determining daily caloric requirements...and it is best to spread their intake more uniformly throughout the day. But sometimes that isn't possible. The small lady probably has a limit of 800 calories a day where if the milkman ate only 2,200 he is starving...he likely needs somewhere to the tune of 3,000 a day to maintain his weight.

Now in order to consume this in the form of over 50% complex carbohydrates on a daily basis...it's difficult and time consuming...it's a large volume of food that doesn't readily fit in a stomach.
Pure sugar is only 11-14 calories per teaspoon depending on whose teaspoon you use.
But a taco bell corn shell taco is 300 calories... mostly from fat and protein. (I can eat six in one meal with a drink)

However...and here's where it gets a bit hinky.
Not everyone gets the same benefit from the same food. Too high of anything and your body rejects the food...it can expell it right out in the most inglorious of ways. Just because you consumed the food it doesn't necessarily mean that you got the caloric benefit from it.
Yes, your body adapts to diet changes...but it isn't exactly on speed dial either. So that lean diet for weeks on end then having a large portion of extremely rich food (like fast food) and it will run right through you as if you never ate it. (Except for the bathroom time and wild dreams at night)

And proteins can turn to glucose as well as carbohydrates can...which can be easily turned into body fat as well.

This is why intermittent fasting is actually not such a bad thing. Cleans out the rusty corners of various fat deposits keeping a person sharp witted and in elevated moods and healthier than average.

All that being said.
For whatever reason...and they are still working on all of this....a person's identity and self perception is closely linked to their food consumption habits. You can devote an hour out of every day just on meal planning and calorie counting alone but if your self perception isn't in line with what you see in the mirror...all that planning goes right out the window.
It's somewhat baffling. To the medical community as well who do the extreme gastric bypass surgeries only to have to deal with people that have put back on weight afterwards but now without much of their digestive system and a gall bladder. (Usually something that gets taken out at some point after bypass surgery)

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
The daily and weekly caloric needs are determined on an individual basis. A four foot 10 inches woman who works a reception desk in an office or at a computer daily caloric needs are not going to be the same as a six foot six guy who delivers milk to grocery stores on a daily basis.
The milkman is going to need to eat a lot. The receptionist is going to pretend to eat.

There are highly specific formulas for determining daily caloric requirements...and it is best to spread their intake more uniformly throughout the day. But sometimes that isn't possible. The small lady probably has a limit of 800 calories a day where if the milkman ate only 2,200 he is starving...he likely needs somewhere to the tune of 3,000 a day to maintain his weight.

Now in order to consume this in the form of over 50% complex carbohydrates on a daily basis...it's difficult and time consuming...it's a large volume of food that doesn't readily fit in a stomach.
Pure sugar is only 11-14 calories per teaspoon depending on whose teaspoon you use.
But a taco bell corn shell taco is 300 calories... mostly from fat and protein. (I can eat six in one meal with a drink)

However...and here's where it gets a bit hinky.
Not everyone gets the same benefit from the same food. Too high of anything and your body rejects the food...it can expell it right out in the most inglorious of ways. Just because you consumed the food it doesn't necessarily mean that you got the caloric benefit from it.
Yes, your body adapts to diet changes...but it isn't exactly on speed dial either. So that lean diet for weeks on end then having a large portion of extremely rich food (like fast food) and it will run right through you as if you never ate it. (Except for the bathroom time and wild dreams at night)

And proteins can turn to glucose as well as carbohydrates can...which can be easily turned into body fat as well.

This is why intermittent fasting is actually not such a bad thing. Cleans out the rusty corners of various fat deposits keeping a person sharp witted and in elevated moods and healthier than average.

All that being said.
For whatever reason...and they are still working on all of this....a person's identity and self perception is closely linked to their food consumption habits. You can devote an hour out of every day just on meal planning and calorie counting alone but if your self perception isn't in line with what you see in the mirror...all that planning goes right out the window.
It's somewhat baffling. To the medical community as well who do the extreme gastric bypass surgeries only to have to deal with people that have put back on weight afterwards but now without much of their digestive system and a gall bladder. (Usually something that gets taken out at some point after bypass surgery)
Hi excellent reading i have to say. I can see you do have a lot of knowledge in this field, and your knowledge is exactly 100 percent accurate, its pleasing to have you apart of this discussion.

My diet is made of complex carbs only and fats that are lower in saturated fats from foods only. If i over do my diet on the simple carbs in one day, like you put it my food can just go right through me, and probably my body would not get as much nutricion out of that food, It the same for fats too, if i eat to much saturated fat in one day the same thing happens, my food passes through me more quickly. But like you say other people are diffrent.

For the purpose of the study tho i would like to go of the typical average rate people consume in carbs, like this example.

How many carbs do you need?
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/325171

Depending on your age, sex, activity level, and overall health, your carbohydrate requirements will vary. According to the Mayo Clinic, 45 to 65 percent of your daily calories should come from carbohydrates. That’s equal to about 225 to 325 grams of carbs if you eat 2,000 calories a day.

It’s not always practical to count your carbs, so the American Diabetes Association offers a simple strategy to structure your plate at every meal to help you get the right amount of carbs:

1. Draw an imaginary vertical line down the middle of your plate. Then draw a horizontal line across one half, so your plate is divided into three sections.
  2. Fill the big section with non-starchy vegetables, such as spinach, carrots, lettuce, green cabbage, or mushrooms.
  3. Fill one of the small sections with starchy vegetables, such as potatoes or winter squash, or grains, such as whole grain pasta or brown rice. Legumes, such as black peas or pinto beans, are also great options.
  4. Fill the other small section with protein. For example, you might choose low-fat options, such as skinless chicken or turkey, salmon or catfish, or lean cuts of beef.
  5. Add a small serving of fruit or low-fat dairy on the side.
  6. Choose foods that contain healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados, seeds, and nuts.
  7. Enjoy a low-calorie drink, such as water, unsweetened tea, or coffee.
Ok so the above example is mainly complex carbs. and as you can see the above example is meat and two veg and the average person consuming 225 grams of carbs a day to 325 grams of carbs a day. The average person being your average frame size to, or your average person who consumes 225 grams, or your average person who consumes 325 grams lol.

Ok now so this is roughly 45 percent to 65 percent a day of a persons calorie intake for there diet that is coming from carbs. the rest of there calories coming from meat or fats.

I know all about fats turning to sugar and sugar turning to fat. But what where talking about here is the food in its un digested state for the purpose of this study and the typical average example.

For expample if you eat 225 grams of carbs a day for 3 weeks and exactly the same quantity of meat and work and exercise exactly the same for 3 weeks your blood sugar will be one level. can you agree on this.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Hi again for further studying for anyone who may be intrested im including a detailed chart of every nutricion found in food, sugar, fat, carb, fibre, protien, cholestrol, net-carb etc, so we can all sing from the same hymn book, theres so many diffrent variations of the exact amount of nutricion found in food but this one is excellent, detailing many foods with an easy to use index chart,

https://tools.myfooddata.com/nutrient-ranking-tool/Sugar/Vegetarian/Highest/Household/Common/No

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
I also should point out that for the purpose of the study im also talkin about eating the same type of carbs and quantity each day for three weeks befor anyone says you get diffrent amounts of sugar in diffrent carbs or diffrents fats in diffrent foods.

for the purpose of the study im talkin about eating the same type of meat and carbs each day for 3 weeks as well as the same quantity.

And please lets not say this is hard to do, please lets just say you can do it for the sake of the study. there is something called a freezer and cooking 1 weeks worth of food in one day.

If you do this would you say your blood sugar level would be the same every 3 weeks if you number 1 ate this way and number 2 did excatly the same activity every 3 weeks.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Guidlines for the average aldult person

Further studying im including a a daily recomended fat intake each day

about 44 grams to 77 grams of fat per day if you eat 2,000 calories a day should be taken
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/11208-fat-what-you-need-to-know

A daily recomended sugar intake each day

The AHA suggests an added-sugar limit of no more than 100 calories per day (about 6 teaspoons or 24 grams of sugar) for most women and no more than 150 calories per day (about 9 teaspoons or 36 grams of sugar) for most men. There's no nutritional need or benefit that comes from eating added sugar.

https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/healthy-eating/eat-smart/sugar/how-much-sugar-is-too-much

a daily guidline of fibre intake each day

The Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015–2020 suggests that for every 1,800 calories, 25.2 grams (g) should come from fiber.

recomended daily carbohydrate intake

The Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommends that carbohydrates make up 45 to 65 percent of your total daily calories. So, if you get 2,000 calories a day, between 900 and 1,300 calories should be from carbohydrates. That translates to between 225 and 325 grams of carbohydrates a day.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...hy-eating/in-depth/carbohydrates/art-20045705

a beginners guide to eating foods that contain carbs lower in the glycemic value. known as a low glycemic diet.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/low-glycemic-diet.

de-emerald

May 8, 2021
Lots of good studying in my above post there and perhaps i should include a list of simple carbs and complex carbs for people to understand food further and possibly i should include a list of high starchy carbs and low starchy carbs too. However one can research this for them selfs if there intrested.

My understanding of foods maily higher in protien is meat. As one should be advised protien is also high in calories.

What is protien broken down to in the body when digested ?.

Is there much study on this ?

Well one could say the protien that is in meat has come from every food that animal has eaten, and when we eat what ever protien is in the type of animal meat we eat, our body will break it back down to its undigested state ie the state the protien was in befor the animal converted its food into protien.

However further studying is required for this question and if anyone would like to take part in this question please join in.

would be nice to hear your views on this question to @JohnDB :)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Lots of good studying in my above post there and perhaps i should include a list of simple carbs and complex carbs for people to understand food further and possibly i should include a list of high starchy carbs and low starchy carbs too. However one can research this for them selfs if there intrested.

My understanding of foods maily higher in protien is meat. As one should be advised protien is also high in calories.

What is protien broken down to in the body when digested ?.

Is there much study on this ?

Well one could say the protien that is in meat has come from every food that animal has eaten, and when we eat what ever protien is in the type of animal meat we eat, our body will break it back down to its undigested state ie the state the protien was in befor the animal converted its food into protien.

However further studying is required for this question and if anyone would like to take part in this question please join in.

would be nice to hear your views on this question to @JohnDB :)
Protein will become glucose like anything else (except fiber) which then can be stored as a fat. Sure proteins contain the building blocks of muscle...but it's slower in converting to glucose...(which is why diabetics eat protein heavy diets)

The other issue with protein is that it is calorie dense...
Calorie dense foods can cause all kinds of issues. Jams and preserves are calorie dense even though they are fructose instead of sucrose. So are nuts and seeds...which have fats as well as high concentration of protein.

Tuna packed in water is almost pure protein...but most people dress it with some sort of oil.

Glycemic index is how the carbs are classified...high glycemic index and the food turns into glucose and stored fat fast. Low glycemic index number and it takes longer.

Egg whites are another almost pure protein...but they have almost no taste. Yuck!
But a little sweetened merengue on a piece of pie is nice...just saying.