Has your Eye become darkened?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

I've skimmed over the threads and I don't really have the heart or the time to address most of the bitterness and darkness that seems to be flung all throughout.

We are not called to JUDGE another's salvation.

we can judge their words, we can condemn their actions as long as we do not do it as hypocrites and do not commit the same crimes they are doing.

I can understand speaking from emotions and from speaking from offense but it is still a SIN.

One I have to lay before God's throne and ask for help and guidance with.

We are to TAME our tongues. We are to SEE the LIGHT not the darkness in others and BLESS and not curse.

we chose who we speak with.

If we see DARKNESS in another, we should NOT speak until we also see the LIGHT in them.

We do not speak to the DARKNESS but the LIGHT in them. the LOVE of GOD. the HEART that hears that feels that LOVES no matter what.

For we know if there is darkness, there will be name calling, back bitting, unspoken hurt and pain that still is not healed.

we may not understand what is going on.

I ask that we as brethren take the time to PRAY before adding logs to the fire that tries and consume another.

Pray before accusing one of having impure motives.

Pray before declaring another unsaved, demonically influenced, a wolf, a deciever, a dog, etc.

PRAY!

How does your accusations help your hearer? Does it fix the problem you see? Does it DISPEL and CAST off the Darkness around them?

NO! THe ONLY thing that can is GOD!

Therefore PRAY!

If you are righteous and your heart is pure, PRAY for them and God will deliver them.

Speaking of the darkness does nothing but feeds their fear, anger, or causes a fleshly response.

Praying sets into action a heavenly chain of events that if you have patience will reveal to you the glory of God.

Therefore, PRAY!

Bless do not Curse!

Pray do not condemn.

Aug 2, 2009
Thank you, Ananda! :)

The bible warns against such discussions and says those who participate are condemning themselves...

But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless.
Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him.
You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

TITUS 3:9-11

D

Dave7

I concur with several of these sentiments. I've often read these threads and come away feeling rather depressed.

A

Abiding

If its doctrine your slamming a person over, the natural reaction of man is to
plant himself. So in essence you may be cursing him making him more than
ever to hold to his view. If your rude he will consider himself even more correct.
Its the goodness of God that leads us to repentance. Why wouldnt it also be
the goodness of man to man that would lead?