hate?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I reciently saw some scripture on how if we want to come to the Lord we must hate the world. ( for those whom are well verced please quote for me.) I pondered this as I have always loved and admired all of our Lord God's creation. I wondered if it was meant to say that we must reject and hate all that tries to separate us from him and all that is evil. Whats your take on this? God bless, pickles

N

NoahsMom

Be in this world , not of this world. I think we are to hate the sin, love the sinner, etc.

Jan 31, 2009
I reciently saw some scripture on how if we want to come to the Lord we must hate the world. ( for those whom are well verced please quote for me.) I pondered this as I have always loved and admired all of our Lord God's creation. I wondered if it was meant to say that we must reject and hate all that tries to separate us from him and all that is evil. Whats your take on this? God bless, pickles
it means

Mt 6:24No man can serve TWO MASTERS: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
God must come first

Jan 8, 2009
I believe the word hate means "love less". For example I don't hate icecream, and icecream is worldly, but I do love it less than God.

Mar 11, 2009
hi pickles
Peace be to you

I find somepeople take this alittle out of context .

proverbs;These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

rev;
For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

That what the scripture means to hate!

Love God with all your heart mind and soul.Love your neighber like you love yourself.Keep away from idols.Honor your mother and father.

Love a friend in God

T

thefightinglamb

I too think you have confused some texts...I think the erse you are thinking of says the world will hat you not that you must hate the world---much different...In one Jesus it telling his disciples that the world turns against those who follow him, and in the other case telling you to come out of the world, but never to hate this world...other than that verse about hating mother, father, wife, and own life as well...which is saying something deep spiritually as well.

God bless
tony

Apr 23, 2009
This does not mean to hate anyone, it means to hate the world system. To hate sin, to hate what others would see as normal. Satan rules this world and we are to hate the rules satan has set up for the world to live by.

1st John 2
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Apr 23, 2009
James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

T

thefightinglamb

I wasn't saying to love the world or be friends with the world, but I really don't think we are suppose to hate the world...yes worldly ways...

Apr 23, 2009
I wasn't saying to love the world or be friends with the world, but I really don't think we are suppose to hate the world...yes worldly ways...
We are to hate what God hate, which everything that is contradictory to His nature. However we are not to hate people.

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
welp I dont know about pickles ..........but Im thoroughly confused now....
hahaahhaaha

Jan 31, 2009
I too think you have confused some texts...I think the erse you are thinking of says the world will hat you not that you must hate the world---much different...In one Jesus it telling his disciples that the world turns against those who follow him, and in the other case telling you to come out of the world, but never to hate this world...other than that verse about hating mother, father, wife, and own life as well...which is saying something deep spiritually as well.

God bless
tony
I think this is the verse in reference

1jo 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.1jo 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou all, when I saw this it was a quick blurb on a christian program so not compleatly in text. I thought it may be out of context. The message to me seemed the same though, to hate all that is ungodly or evil and to never put anything before God. Thanks for your feedback. Godbless, pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.