Have A Happy, Godly Marriage? Talk About It Here.

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
Married 50 + yrs. Husband has been the most loyal and giving man
any wife could ask for. He gave up so many things for his family.
He retired and it is sort of funny really. He went on a spending
spree and bought all those tools he always wanted and you know ..
guy stuff. Ummm, now he doesn't feel like doing what he had
hoped to do. Our son is going to be one blessed guy some day.

I want to comment if I may on some things said. One is when
he retired, it was an adjustment. In the beginning of our married
years we were so close, where one was the other was too. Then
he had to go out of town to work for 17 yrs. He kept our home
here and rented through the week where he ran the second office
for his company. Lots of traveling back and forth. I pretty
well had the home to myself, except for week ends. So when he
came home he did new kitchen and all updates (after retirement ).
There went my style ... I was used to having my own style in
furnishings etc.... He was having to get me to be able to let things
go. I wept because I thought, I am not my own person anymore.
But, God spoke to me and said.. "This is his home too." Oops.

Another factor I believe to be important, and I learned the hard
way.... We can not play Holy Spirit. We can't make them into what
we want spiritually. We must let them grow in relationship with
Christ on their terms. I was so super spiritual in my walk and my
group of friends were and it appeared he was never going to catch
up. You, know ? There is no catching up ... It is a personal walk for
each of us. I discovered due to illness, his Godly qualities were deep
in him. When I was sick he prayed for me. He was patient and loving.
He allowed me to read scriptures to him as I needed healing and he
listened and we talked about them.

When we lost our daughter at age 45, he was my support. He grieved,
but being mother, my grief was longer and out of the blue, I would
break down and sob... He would hold me and let me cry against his
chest. He is amazing and loves me so much. And I am spoiled.
He told me that yesterday... just a little tiff .... LOL.

I feel we have gotten along very well and we do agree on most things.
Our taste is pretty much the same. Okay, maybe half and half. We
compliment one another as a couple.

Oh one thing and then I will quit.... All the years of raising children,
going to Church 3 x's a week... driving them to Christian School,
taking on things my parents had need of... keeping up our home
and having Holiday gatherings, and running to the City he worked
at to be with him through the week.... I was tired...

He retires and wants to do all the things he always wanted to do,
go places, etc. .... I told him, how ironic ... I was tired of all the
running and shopping etc. I wanted to retire... He retires and is
raring to go. He did get to do a little as my strength came back
gradually. But not all he would like to have done. I feel badly for
that. But he loves me and I love him and we both hope God takes
us together when our time is up.

With the way people drive and so many wrecks ... where I live,
it could happen.

God bless all who have shared their stories... I loved them..
This is great to share something positive... I am loved..
You are loved... Jesus loves us... the Bible tells us so...
~J~Kay ~2
 
Thank you for sharing. :)

To your post I say - Ditto. Ditto in that my hubby and I are both retired and it has been an adjustment.

We both are very thankful that the Lord helped us prepare for retirement and even though we are on a tight budget we do not lack.

Unfortunately, I too, have had some health issues which are clearing up with God's help but it has been over two years that we have not really been able to do things together that we used to do often.

This has been a learning process for both of us and my husband has taken care of me, not only during the physical issues but the emotional ones that accompany sickness and pain.

Many positives to say - that the Lord provided CC as an outlet for me, plus I live in the same city as my daughter and have been able to see her and the grandkids during this time.

I agree with you - that we can't play Holy Spirit with out spouses or anyone else either. Tough lesson to learn and I still catch myself trying to do so sometimes.

My husband really has way more energy and stamina than I do, so we are praying that I will catch up to him so we might be able to soon do more things together.

Thanks for sharing and God Bless,
NewEagle