Have mercy on me, Dear God!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jordache

So, as many of you know, my husband and I have been having problems for several months now. Well, the problems started right after we got married. We had a plan, but things fell through and we were both left jobless. I worked my butt off in several different part time jobs while my husband filled out 3 applications in a year and only turned in 1. He worked odd jobs every few months that would amount to a few hundred dollars, but that's it. The day after we returned from our honeymoon our pastors removed him from leadership so that he could get a job. He never did. Instead, he became resentful and bitter towards them. In the last 6 months he stopped completely going to our church. He demanded that I not talk to the pastors. I began going to counseling and we began dealing with boundary issues in my relationships. My husband didn't take to kindly to me setting them. He began coming to counseling. The counselor even got a donation for him so that he could attend. He came to 8 single sessions, and 3 couples sessions. Most weeks, he refused to return. Two weeks ago we were working through a model and he got stuck. When asked to invite the HS to help him, he completely shut down, got angry with the counselor, and walked out... all because she asked him to pray. He hasn't returned since.
Saturday, as I was coming to work, he dropped me off and told me he was done and filing for divorce. This is about the 4th time. This time was different though. He wouldn't talk. I went to the Greg Laurie Crusade with some students. When I came back we organized our sleeping arrangements and slept. The next day was church. Afterward I packed some clothes and went to stay at a friends. He stared at me the whole way out to the car.
One time he said it was basically all my fault because I was so mean and I have hurt him so much. He said it had gotten worse over the last few weeks which is a lie. Yesterday I read a note he left in my phone. It basically said I'm divorcing you because I don't want to hold you back, and I can't be the husband that you should have.
Today he's threatening me at work that if I don't leave work, or skip my counseling appt. tonight, then he'll never talk to me again... Today is the last chance to talk. This is his MO... I don't want to be at home because I don't know what he'll do. I want him to leave, but he refuses. He says he'll leave on Saturday, but if he doesn't (which is very possible) then I don't know what I'll do. He's on the lease... He's sister is the manager... So any way I go about this, it gets really messy.
I just want strength and wisdom. I still want this to work, but only if he's willing to take some steps. If he is unwilling to take steps, then I pray that he files quickly (completely out of his personality) and doesn't string me along.

ElizaBeth

Sep 10, 2011
I pray that God comfort you and guide you in this time and that your heart and your husbands heart not be hardened toward one another.
God bless you both!

S

shekaniah

Jesus you know their hearts and minds, speak to them, so they may gain an understanding and a true consern for one another. Send them Your perfect
Love that drives out fear. In Jesus Powerful Name Amen

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Lord I pray also that you restore this marriage, give her husband the confidence and a hunger for you so he can be the man he needs to be,Lord
refill him with your Spirit in Jesus name amen all for your glory Lord!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Praying for you both in Jesus Christ is Lord.
Jordache, I learned reciently, that sometimes our prayers are held up, because we tend to get in the way of Gods care.
Please do not take this as my saying you are doing anything wrong here, I only want to give you the tools that I reciently recieved and found healing in.
Often, when someone is bringing sorrow in ones life it is because we block help for them in prayers, through how we pray.
So try this, pray all of God Our Fathers blessings and will upon your husband, and do not have any thought, word or curse that would be a judgement or angry thought.
I know this will be very difficult to do, but Ive seen powerful intervention for another in this.
If you are already doing this, then ignore this suggestion. :)
But I have been amazed at the greatness of God Our Father's presance and glory when this is done. :)
Ill be praying this for you and your husband as well in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
Praying for you both in Jesus Christ is Lord.
Jordache, I learned reciently, that sometimes our prayers are held up, because we tend to get in the way of Gods care.
Please do not take this as my saying you are doing anything wrong here, I only want to give you the tools that I reciently recieved and found healing in.
Often, when someone is bringing sorrow in ones life it is because we block help for them in prayers, through how we pray.
So try this, pray all of God Our Fathers blessings and will upon your husband, and do not have any thought, word or curse that would be a judgement or angry thought.
I know this will be very difficult to do, but Ive seen powerful intervention for another in this.
If you are already doing this, then ignore this suggestion. :)
But I have been amazed at the greatness of God Our Father's presance and glory when this is done. :)
Ill be praying this for you and your husband as well in Jesus.

Hugs and God bless.
pickles
Pickles is right if we hang on to it,God cannot work ,we have to let go so he can work,like be still and know that he is God,I did this before,prayed,fasted,went to alter ect,got upset one day and said Lord
i give up on this, he said so you are gonna let me have it now? Then when I got out of the way,He did
a quick work.Amazing

J

Jordache

I am done... I can't help him at all. He needs to learn how to take care of himself.

S

sinnomorePTL

Dear Sister, I am sorry to hear you are having so many troubles in your marriage.

It really sounds like you both want the marriage to end. If that is the case, I think you will have to be the one to take the lead.

I pray God will lead you in the path He wants for you, and that He heals your problems and gives you peace. I pray also for your husband, that he will find work of some kind that will reinforce his sense of self-worth.

May God resolve this situation, so that you both can again be filled with peace, tranquility and joy, in Jesus name, Amen.

Love in Jesus
brother Gary

So, as many of you know, my husband and I have been having problems for several months now. Well, the problems started right after we got married. We had a plan, but things fell through and we were both left jobless. I worked my butt off in several different part time jobs while my husband filled out 3 applications in a year and only turned in 1. He worked odd jobs every few months that would amount to a few hundred dollars, but that's it. The day after we returned from our honeymoon our pastors removed him from leadership so that he could get a job. He never did. Instead, he became resentful and bitter towards them. In the last 6 months he stopped completely going to our church. He demanded that I not talk to the pastors. I began going to counseling and we began dealing with boundary issues in my relationships. My husband didn't take to kindly to me setting them. He began coming to counseling. The counselor even got a donation for him so that he could attend. He came to 8 single sessions, and 3 couples sessions. Most weeks, he refused to return. Two weeks ago we were working through a model and he got stuck. When asked to invite the HS to help him, he completely shut down, got angry with the counselor, and walked out... all because she asked him to pray. He hasn't returned since.
Saturday, as I was coming to work, he dropped me off and told me he was done and filing for divorce. This is about the 4th time. This time was different though. He wouldn't talk. I went to the Greg Laurie Crusade with some students. When I came back we organized our sleeping arrangements and slept. The next day was church. Afterward I packed some clothes and went to stay at a friends. He stared at me the whole way out to the car.
One time he said it was basically all my fault because I was so mean and I have hurt him so much. He said it had gotten worse over the last few weeks which is a lie. Yesterday I read a note he left in my phone. It basically said I'm divorcing you because I don't want to hold you back, and I can't be the husband that you should have.
Today he's threatening me at work that if I don't leave work, or skip my counseling appt. tonight, then he'll never talk to me again... Today is the last chance to talk. This is his MO... I don't want to be at home because I don't know what he'll do. I want him to leave, but he refuses. He says he'll leave on Saturday, but if he doesn't (which is very possible) then I don't know what I'll do. He's on the lease... He's sister is the manager... So any way I go about this, it gets really messy.
I just want strength and wisdom. I still want this to work, but only if he's willing to take some steps. If he is unwilling to take steps, then I pray that he files quickly (completely out of his personality) and doesn't string me along.

J

Jordache

I'm confused. I don't want it to end. I love my husband. I know he's sick. But I can't live with him. If he wants to work on himself I would gladly stick around and continue the marriage. My fear is that he will string me along, never attempting to improve, and also never filing for divorce. My mother was married for 16 years to a man she lived with for 2 months. I don't want that to be me.
The good thing is, the regional apt manager is rewriting the lease as of Friday. No questions asked. She's a Christian, and she is also not getting my sister-in-law involved. She's got enough to deal with regarding my husband.

S

shekaniah

Good news, I'm glad that the regional manager is rewriting the lease for you. I will continue to pray as you keep us posted.
Love in Christ, Shekaniah

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Because your mom went through this I wonder if there is any kind of generational issue here.
So praying and comanding in Jesus Chist is Lord come in the flesh for any and all generational curses, spirits, to leave Jordache and her husband now, never to bother them or any other agian, in Jesus Christ is Lord come in the flesh this is comanded!
Huge hugs Jordache, Ill keep praying in Jesus for your both, and for the peace of Jesus to fill you. :)

God bless.
pickles

Vladimir_Ukr

May 26, 2010
Dear sister,Jordache.
I will pray for you and your husband. Let our Lord give you patience(The Lord is the best role model for us here). When I married. We had problems in our family. But no one couldn't their solved. All problems in our family we solved through patience, all of time trusting to God. Because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance(James 1:3). Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1st Corinthians 11:3). Have a patience and praying about your husband.
May God greatly bless you and your husband.