Healing from Narcissistic Abuse

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 7, 2018
I am a single dad and my children and I have suffered from Narcissistic abuse. The details are not pretty and not needed.

Has anyone else experienced this? It took so long for the truth to come out and we're just sticking with God now. Even with some unattractive truths coming out, the abusers still blame me and my kids.

There is no answer for this. We've never experience mental illness to this level and are leaning only on our Lord.

Andy007

Jul 9, 2018
Yep, my kids and I have been through it as well. We are also blamed for everything that went wrong. Any form of abuse is difficult to go through and the only way to get through it is with God

Nov 30, 2018
Yes! I am healing from a very bad marriage that was full of narcissistic abuse and gaslighting from my husband. In short, he committed adultery from the onset of our marriage, but he could not empathize with the pain that it caused me. He expected me to just forgive and move on and trust him again without giving me any reason to (but plenty of reasons not to). He was hungry for pity from others, and he allowed his family and friends to attack me with their words and blame me for not being willing to just accept the fact that he did not keep his vows and brush it all under the proverbial rug.

Rather than listening to me when I'd open my heart to him, he would be up in his own head, fantasizing about girls he liked back in the day. He stalked my friend online, lusted after her, tried to get a job working with her, and he compared me to other women constantly. Our honeymoon was a disaster because he told me he was thinking about and comparing me to someone else while we were intimate. What a great way to start a marriage! And yet he treated the whole situation as though I was the one who had to change and fall in line with whatever he wanted me to think. He could do no wrong in the eyes of his family, so they only served to hasten the demise of our marriage.

Narcissists and sociopaths do not know how to truly love people. They cannot empathize with others and they put on many different faces to rally as much support, pity, and attention as they can to keep in their corner, because inevitably, anyone with any self respect and dignity is going to stop putting up with their tactics. And that's when the narcissist will gather their troops to attack the empath and pour on the pity party for the narc! I don't know if narcs are capable of seeing their own folly, even if it is staring them in the face.

It's a horrible thing to go through, and I am so sorry that you and your children are going through it. God has so much better for His beloved children than for us to be abused and manipulated by people with such a damaging personality disorder. We can love them and pray for them... from a distance! I pray that you and your children will find healing and fulfillment from healthy, godly relationships.

Solemateleft

Honor, Courage, Commitment
Jun 25, 2017
I am a single dad and my children and I have suffered from Narcissistic abuse. The details are not pretty and not needed.

Has anyone else experienced this? It took so long for the truth to come out and we're just sticking with God now. Even with some unattractive truths coming out, the abusers still blame me and my kids.

There is no answer for this. We've never experience mental illness to this level and are leaning only on our Lord.
Greetings Brother...
Yes, I/we have experienced similar characteristics, and behaviors (self-serving, deception, and masterful charades of being victimized).
At the end of the day - I have come to acknowledge that it is more about my walk with the lord than it is about the bad behavior or decisions of others.
The Serenity Prayer has served a very helpful reminder...
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
enjoying one moment at a time;
accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next.
Amen.

Focus upon being the best single parent and good example for your children. Remember it is not our place to judge, nor to try to influence the opinions of our children... They are smart beings - they understand good vs evil; right vs wrong - lead them on a spiritual path - keep your faith in our lord and he will hear your prayers and he will reward your faith in him with his grace and mercy... Know that he loves you and your children...
I will pray for you and your family.
God Bless