Hearing God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

Ronny

Hello all,

My question for all is...

What do you do when you don't hear God's answer?
Praying for one thing and getting an answer - "Please Lord bring her back to me"
Praying later about something else but related - "Please Lord if you don't want me to be with her why must I go through all of this pain?"

That's basically what i'm going through in a nutshell. I've contacted pastors, fellow Christians and so forth and nobody can answer.

What are your thoughts?

Ronny

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Hi Ronny, most havnt an answer because who are we to know what Our Lord Gods answer is to you. I wouldnt want to step on his toes, you know what I meen. Sometimes it seems he isnt answering, but he is. Too often we are looking for that answer we want, or expect to hear or see. His answers can be so amazing yet quiet that we are too busy looking or seeing everything else that we dont see it. Most often we get in our own way. Right now you are morning a loss, he understands. I have often found my answers when I praise him no matter what. Even when I am my lowest. Trust in Our Lord Jesus, he is right beside you always. God bless, pickles

B

broken

THis is more frequent than not. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Not ours. Being willing to accept God's will is part of being submissive. It takes practice. There is no easy answer to your questions. I simply accept His response, when I receive on :)

Sometimes silence is an answer. In my experience, we often know the answers to questions be bring to God. After all, part of him lives in us...