HEART-MATH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 24, 2013
The heart is has been discovered, can 'think' and has approx ~40,000 neural ganglia. The heart is connected to the brain via the vagus nerve which also innervates the heart with parasympathetic innervation via the sinoatrial node etc. Parasympathetic function indicates calming, regulating etc...to homoeostasis.

Deep, emotional, 'soul-level' thinking occurs in the heart, and is connected to the brain...

There is a state of 'coherance' or synchronicity between the heart and brain that facilitates greater inner harmony, increasing the experience of relaxed-alertness. This has been identified and guaged with software programs and various bio/neurofeedback devices. The 'less coherent' a person is, the worse thier mental/emotional state, performance and state of health; the more coherant a person is, the greater their mental/emotional state, performance - peace and state of health becomes...

"For centuries, the heart has been considered the source of emotion, courage and wisdom. At the Institute of HeartMath (IHM) Research Center, we are exploring the physiological mechanisms by which the heart communicates with the brain, thereby influencing information processing, perceptions, emotions and health. We are asking questions such as: Why do people experience the feeling or sensation of love and other positive emotional states in the area of the heart and what are the physiological ramifications of these emotions? How do stress and different emotional states affect the autonomic nervous system, the hormonal and immune systems, the heart and brain? Over the years we have experimented with different psychological and physiological measures, but it was consistently heart rate variability, or heart rhythms, that stood out as the most dynamic and reflective of inner emotional states and stress. It became clear that negative emotions lead to increased disorder in the heart's rhythms and in the autonomic nervous system, thereby adversely affecting the rest of the body. In contrast, positive emotions create increased harmony and coherence in heart rhythms and improve balance in the nervous system. The health implications are easy to understand: Disharmony in the nervous system leads to inefficiency and increased stress on the heart and other organs while harmonious rhythms are more efficient and less stressful to the body's systems." (HeartMath 2012)

As Christians I believe, in the Power of God, we should use all tools available to better oneself. Tools such as biofeedback/neurofeedback devices (ie: the emWave PC and/or emWave2 are some fabulous 'no brainer' program/devices) that enable one to train in synchronising heart/brain into greater harmonious coherance and facilitate a state of relaxed alertness contribute significantly to increasing wellbeing and productivity. There are other devices - one can do a google on them; but HeartMath devices I found to be easiest for anyone to use and very useful and accurate. One can train using any good bio/neurofeedback device also in greater autonomic physiological control inc. mind/thought/emotional control - to a significant degree.

We need to disregard any 'philosophical connotations' that may (or may not) be attached to any such useful tools, and have the intelligence and wisdom to discerningly use them 'as tools' that are neutral (they have no religion of thier own LOL) to our advantage.

Science of the Heart, Science of Coherence, Heart Rate Variability, Institute HeartMath

(research in pdf)
http://www.beyondthebarriers.co.uk/wp.../Science_of_the_Heart.pdf

"as a man thinks in his heart, so is he" Prov 23:7

G

Grey

I'd like to see an outside source verifying this.

J

jerusalem

the instruction to think with your head and not with your heart and vice verse takes on a whole new depth of meaning here. it also shows how much we intuit without the scientific facts.......this is why man will be found without an excuse.

May 24, 2013
...its also interesting how those with heart transplants tend to have a personality change..., and take on the habits and persona of the previous donor...

G

Grey

...its also interesting how those with heart transplants tend to have a personality change..., and take on the habits and persona of the previous donor...
Once again are there any outside sources verifying this? I'm not trying to be over critical or rejecting this "heart sense", I just approach things logically.

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I agree with Grey. That would be an interesting wrinkle on the neurological front, where did you get your information?

May 24, 2013
I agree with Grey. That would be an interesting wrinkle on the neurological front, where did you get your information?
...follow the links on the pages I linked to...if you wish to find out more...and google...I don't have time to look for other refs at present...,maybe down the track when I have more time I will ... however I also have both the PC versions of the emWave and portable versions and they are well worth getting ...

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
Ah, I missed the link. Thanks!

D

DragonSlayer

Wow ! If that's true ! That would be a great discovery ! I also believe there's spiritual connections between the different bodies of any human being. Proof is Solomon talked about a " silver cord " being cut at the time of death !
So health is not just about how the physical body function, but it's about how the spiritual bodies function as well !
Western Medicine would make great advances if they agree we have not just a physical body, but we have spiritual bodies as well, and they are all interconnected through a complex circulatory system of spiritual energy ! Yes, I believe all this spiritual stuff but I don't believe in new age, I don't believe in reincarnation and astrology ! I'm just a very curious mind just as Solomon was ! I am a truth seeker ! I also believe we are not alone in the Universe and no I don't believe aliens are demons, the "sons of God " mentioned in Genesis and Job are the ancestors of the Nephilim and other giants. The " sons of God " are not angels for angels cannot procreate ! They are spirits ! And they were never told by God to " multiply " on earth ! They are not humans as in the original Hebrew text in genesis, it's literally written " the daughters of Adam ". When and how the Lord created the " sons of God " I don't know yet ! But soon or later, we'll know the whole truth about everything !

Well, I don't know how I came from talking about the heart neuronal system to the " sons of God " ! LOL !

I can tell...this came straight from my heart !

May 24, 2013
Wow ! If that's true ! That would be a great discovery ! I also believe there's spiritual connections between the different bodies of any human being. Proof is Solomon talked about a " silver cord " being cut at the time of death !
So health is not just about how the physical body function, but it's about how the spiritual bodies function as well !
Western Medicine would make great advances if they agree we have not just a physical body, but we have spiritual bodies as well, and they are all interconnected through a complex circulatory system of spiritual energy ! Yes, I believe all this spiritual stuff but I don't believe in new age, I don't believe in reincarnation and astrology ! I'm just a very curious mind just as Solomon was ! I am a truth seeker ! I also believe we are not alone in the Universe and no I don't believe aliens are demons, the "sons of God " mentioned in Genesis and Job are the ancestors of the Nephilim and other giants. The " sons of God " are not angels for angels cannot procreate ! They are spirits ! And they were never told by God to " multiply " on earth ! They are not humans as in the original Hebrew text in genesis, it's literally written " the daughters of Adam ". When and how the Lord created the " sons of God " I don't know yet ! But soon or later, we'll know the whole truth about everything !

Well, I don't know how I came from talking about the heart neuronal system to the " sons of God " ! LOL !

I can tell...this came straight from my heart !
...yes, you are correct..., the spiritual bodies need to be aligned in the Spirit of God, for a direct channel to occur of the Light and Power of God to come through unimpeded...,and the silver cord is the link to the spirit body of a person as per Solomons description...

...the use of tool like 'heart-math' emwave and those like it are an aid to the step in the right direction when used properly..., on the levels they work on...:)

...the angels are capable of many things, and one thing they can do is shape-shift and take the appearance of something else, and manifest in a spiritual and/or physical form to do so, as I see it --- mating with humanity I believe occurred at some point in time via nephilim and subsequently rephaim (giants in septuagint) were born, goliath being one of them...Jude also speaks of them ie:

Jude 1:6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

...with regards to 'aliens' of the fallen and mutated kind; I believe they are either fallen angels whose bodies degenerated due to being separated from the Source of Life and Light that is God; or they are genetic manipulations via fallen angels creating some kind of hybrid mutations etc..., to fulfil their purpose in deceiving humanity in rebellion to God...

...I do believe in unfallen races on other planets, galaxies and stars however, angelic type beings ... :)

Last edited:
D

DragonSlayer

...yes, you are correct..., the spiritual bodies need to be aligned in the Spirit of God, for a direct channel to occur of the Light and Power of God to come through unimpeded...,and the silver cord is the link to the spirit body of a person as per Solomons description...

...the use of tool like 'heart-math' emwave and those like it are an aid to the step in the right direction when used properly..., on the levels they work on...:)

...the angels are capable of many things, and one thing they can do is shape-shift and take the appearance of something else, and manifest in a spiritual and/or physical form to do so, as I see it --- mating with humanity I believe occurred at some point in time via nephilim and subsequently rephaim (giants in septuagint) were born, goliath being one of them...Jude also speaks of them ie:

Jude 1:6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day,
Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh, are exhibited as an example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire.

...with regards to 'aliens' of the fallen and mutated kind; I believe they are either fallen angels whose bodies degenerated due to being separated from the Source of Life and Light that is God; or they are genetic manipulations via fallen angels creating some kind of hybrid mutations etc..., to fulfil their purpose in deceiving humanity in rebellion to God...

...I do believe in unfallen races on other planets, galaxies and stars however, angelic type beings ... :)
Well, that's great you're looking for the truth as well even if it sounds " politically incorrect " to many !

However, I don't agree this book of Judas ( not the Iscariot ) to be truly canonical even if it was canonized in Ethiopia.
I made the discovery our current canon is incomplete because the emperor Constantine suppressed most of the ancient books contained in the original canon. Now satanic freemasons know there are many people looking for the truth and nothing but the truth, so that's why there's all those so called book of Judas or gospel of Thomas and the likes who are all gnostic works and are destined to fool the sincere truth seekers ! That's why Jesus told us to be prudent as serpents and as simple as doves!

Clearly, see for yourself in genesis, any creature capable of mating were all blessed by the Lord and told to multiply ! And all those creatures were physical not spiritual ! Mating is a gift from the Lord to physical creatures only ! Besides, the Lord never told the angels to multiply, and the angels who ate with Abraham never did it by themselves, but the Lord gave them this temporary power ! The mute donkey of Balaam never spoke by herself, but the Lord gave her that temporary power !
So if you think angels are capable of mating, you have to assume the Lord would gave them the power to mate and to conceive children, which was never part of the Lord's plans ! All creations come from the Lord, for the Lord is the only Creator !
No creature can beget life without the Lord's blessing ! And angels were never blessed nor created to procreate !
All the physical creatures were !

May 24, 2013
Well, that's great you're looking for the truth as well even if it sounds " politically incorrect " to many !

However, I don't agree this book of Judas ( not the Iscariot ) to be truly canonical even if it was canonized in Ethiopia.
I made the discovery our current canon is incomplete because the emperor Constantine suppressed most of the ancient books contained in the original canon. Now satanic freemasons know there are many people looking for the truth and nothing but the truth, so that's why there's all those so called book of Judas or gospel of Thomas and the likes who are all gnostic works and are destined to fool the sincere truth seekers ! That's why Jesus told us to be prudent as serpents and as simple as doves!

Clearly, see for yourself in genesis, any creature capable of mating were all blessed by the Lord and told to multiply ! And all those creatures were physical not spiritual ! Mating is a gift from the Lord to physical creatures only ! Besides, the Lord never told the angels to multiply, and the angels who ate with Abraham never did it by themselves, but the Lord gave them this temporary power ! The mute donkey of Balaam never spoke by herself, but the Lord gave her that temporary power !
So if you think angels are capable of mating, you have to assume the Lord would gave them the power to mate and to conceive children, which was never part of the Lord's plans ! All creations come from the Lord, for the Lord is the only Creator !
No creature can beget life without the Lord's blessing ! And angels were never blessed nor created to procreate !
All the physical creatures were !

lol...the book of Jude is in every bible ... its the one before Revelation ... :)

D

DragonSlayer

lol...the book of Jude is in every bible ... its the one before Revelation ... :)
Okay, that's on me; because when you talked about the angels mating with humans, I immediately jumped into conclusion you were talking about the apocryphal book of Judas ! Because in the canonical book of Judas before Revelation, in no way it's written angels mated with humans ! In fact it's written they are " kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day " !

Sodome and Gomorrah going after " strange flesh " relate in fact to their sodomite abominations committed between men-men, and women-women ! Proof is what all sodomites wanted to do to the angels of the Lord and to Lot !

May 24, 2013
Okay, that's on me; because when you talked about the angels mating with humans, I immediately jumped into conclusion you were talking about the apocryphal book of Judas ! Because in the canonical book of Judas before Revelation, in no way it's written angels mated with humans ! In fact it's written they are " kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day " !

Sodome and Gomorrah going after " strange flesh " relate in fact to their sodomite abominations committed between men-men, and women-women ! Proof is what all sodomites wanted to do to the angels of the Lord and to Lot !
...that was after they did what they did..., seen in this verse:

Jude 1:7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since THEY in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh...

...its clear in the bible that is what they did..., in addition, its absurd to think that giants and men of renown can be born of a union between those born of 'Seth' mating with those of the world --- LOL --- why would giants then not be born even more so when unions occur within the offspring of Seth ..., however this is deviating from the OP - which is about heart-brain...

Miss

May 18, 2013
There is a book by Dr. Caroline Leaf called "controlling toxic thoughts and emotions" That covers this subject.