Heartbreak. Mom & dad called it quits . Why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

What is a story that can help improve the quality of life for folk ? Help them understand how to not step into heartbreak, if they are in a relationship/marriage now.

Many situations out there, but let's try to STICK to our....

Parents .

So, if you are from a broken home, explain how this heartbreak happened ?

Can say how affected you too, if you want to get personal, the Lord leads, let's not get too personal and please no villifying your parents. They made mistake, like we all do all the time in our lives. :(

The blood of Christ (from His death on the cross) has forgiven them too :)

God bless you, all, we are children of the King ! :)

J

Jullianna

My mother married my abusive father (who cheated on her blatantly) because she discovered she was pregnant and felt she had no choice. They didn't love one another at all. They thought they were doing the right thing. My biological dad was not a believer. My mom was a believer, but she had been hurt deeply by some in the church and left for a time...and ended up in a mess. They divorced when I was two. I never met my father, but I did find his family when I was adult, and I know that he knew the Truth before he died.

My mom remarried and I was adopted and raised by my stepfather, who was the most amazing man I've ever known. My stepfather was not a believer until shortly before he died and there were times when my mom wrestled with her faith because she was torn between things she knew she should not do/places she should not go and things he wanted her to do. Eventually she realized it was tearing her apart and leading to serious bouts with depression. She got back in the Word, drew a line and insisted that she attend church regularly, tithe, etc. Eventually he got the message, understood the amazing things God did in BOTH of their lives because of her walk with Christ, and he accepted the Lord before he passed.

Lessons:

Don't marry for the wrong reasons
Don't marry unbelievers
Don't allow anyone or anything to cause you to walk away from Christ, even other christians or family members
Don't date unbelievers who can persuade you to do things you know are wrong
Understand that your actions within your marriage don't just affect you, they affect your children and extended family as well.
If you ARE married to an unbeliever when you come to Christ, all is not lost. You can be a faithful witness to lead them to the knowledge of Christ.
You CAN begin your life again if you are in an abusive relationship
If you are unmarried with a child, there are wonderful people out there God can lead you to who will help you build a home and raise your child.

I loved my parents, even my biological father I never knew. I do not write this to villify them, but to honor them. They would all want someone else to benefit from their mistakes. They fell down..hard...but they completed the race in the end. They taught me that when I make a mistake, I should at least try and learn from it so as not to repeat it.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
My mother and her first husband (who was not my biological father) divorced in about 2002 but it took a good few years for it to be finalized by the law. The guy was a drug addict and abusive towards her. Watching your own mother pack her bags in a bag, crying, and leave is really hard when you're only 12. Then I eventually moved in with her, leaving behind my two younger half brothers with the dude, who was their biological father. Over the next couple years they would visit every now and then, sometimes permanently moving with us to be with their mother. My youngest brother was with us for a while but eventually moved back with his father. I met my biological father in 2003 as well. He eventually moved in with us and my biological parents got married in 2008. For the longest time I was basically afraid to be around him. I had seen his anger and unpredictable temper and it frightened me. Over the past couple years I've noticed his temper and anger have dramatically cooled and I'm a lot more comfortable.

As a result of all this, I have like no sense of family. All I've ever known are deception, hatred, and break ups. Not much in the way of familial love. It's so weird, I feel more comfortable opening up around friends and churchmates than my own family.