Heartbreaking: Pastor loses 6 members of family in fiery crash

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

saintrose

May 9, 2020
Years back the Willis family was driving to a birthday party when a piece of metal from a truck ahead fell into the road. The Willis' had no choice but to run over it, and the gas tank exploded, killing all of his children.

The driver of the truck was a man who couldn't read or speak English and it was learned that through corrupt donations to his campaign, the Mayor allegedly allowed non-citizens to be approved for driver licenses because truck-driving schools were contributing to his campaign. It is law that any drivers must read and speak English.

Another truck driver said that he called the driver on his CB trying to warn him and he didn't answer. He said he followed him for ten miles trying to get his attention. He finally drove up alongside him and motioned repeatedly to the driver. He said the driver just looked at him and then looked away.

This story touched me years ago and still touches me. I urge each Christian on here to get involved in their local government. I guarantee that even if you lack experience you will do better for the public than most who are now in there. I worked at an insurance office one time and the woman told me that she was involved in local politics and was due for some position. She said that her opponent made one phone call and was placed in the job. This is often how unprincipled people get into jobs. But Christians have the power of God. If you are meant to get a position you will get it.

My neighbor's unarmed grandson was shot down by police and she told me of the horrendous corruption that ensued. The police refused to release the body to the grieving family; their lawyer told them it was because they were doctoring the body to fit their narrative. This is beyond sick. As is always usually the case, a judge threw the lawsuit out and 3 little girls were left without support. If a cop is killed on the job then taxpayers must support his/her children. What are non-police supposed to do when their loved one is shot down and a judge throws their lawsuit out? They live in poverty; that's what happens. Many black people have suffered these indignities for years. I was in the hospital and we were watching the news after Freddy Grey was beaten to death by police and they SEVERED HIS SPINE.

I responded by saying how awful it was. The young black hospital worker turned to me, and I'll never forget it. He said: "Mrs. B**** what you see there is nothing. My friends and I have been abused by police and I could tell you things..."

What happened to Officer Friendly?

Where is human compassion?

Why are police in America being trained in Israel? Why are police getting war gear and war weapons to use against the American people?

My brother was beat up and robbed by police. My friend's granddaughter was sexually assaulted during a traffic stop. They are Christians. They frightened the young woman into silence by using their power to charge her with a crime.

If an honorable Christian - one who truly had clean hands - had been in a position of authority then something would have been done. In each case no "justice" was dispensed. Injustice prevailed.

These things are going on. America has become a cesspool.

We all know that politics are corrupt but I keep reading that it is LOCALLY where we will make a difference.

Please get involved. America needs you. America needs people with human compassion in positions throughout the country.

I know that sometimes Christians take the attitude that things are supposed to get worse in the end times. That is true. I would be bothered by Christian friends who adopted that attitude and wouldn't even email legislators when some new insanity was pushed on the public. However, we are told to be co-laborers with God. Please remember that what happened to the Willis family can just as easily happen to yours when corruption is permitted to continue.

Please get involved in your local government. Your town needs you. The people of the town need you. We need you.

1 Corinthians 3:9

“For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.”

https://news.yahoo.com/willis-family-crash-friday-marks-130227280.html

Nov 17, 2019
New Mexico, USA
Nothing wrong with getting involved in politics. I always fear it will get in the way of making disciples, though. And I certainly don't believe political discourse belongs behind the pulpit.

However, you make some very good points.