heaven

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

gaman

What do you think heaven will look like, will we live in houses what will we do all day? Can we go fishing do we still breathe? Serious questions

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
I think Heaven (the new Heaven) will be laid out like a cube stretching 1,500 miles on all 4 sides and 1,500 miles high (think northern Ohio to southern Florida to western Texas up to Nebraska and back over to Ohio--that may be around the size of the New Heaven). I think there will be levels or floors to house all of Heaven's inhabitants since the creation of man. It will shine brilliantly from all of the precious stones the walls are built out of. I believe there will be 12 gates (3 on each side for the East, West, North and South walls) each made out of a single pearl. I believe there will be a river that will run down the middle of the city (the River of Life) with trees lining it bearing fruit. And of course the streets are paved out of pure gold, so shiny it appears transparent like glass. I also think there will always be songs of praise and worship to God going on everywhere that will be the most beautiful music we have ever heard. This is only the New Jerusalem that will sit on the New Earth.

I believe the New Earth will be paradise. I don't know what it'll look like but there won't be any more seas or oceans. Maybe you and I can go fishing in a pond or lake, though, because I love fishing too.
This is not in the Bible but I do believe our pets that have died will be there on the new earth some where. Maybe God will designate a huge field for all of them to play or maybe they will be in our mansion/room waiting for us that God is preparing right now for us. This is weird but I believe we might even be able to talk to them =)

That is what I think Heaven will be like--some backed up by Biblical descriptions and some what I think will be there that is not in the Bible, just my thoughts. Either way, no eye has seen, nor ear has heard how beautiful it will be. You just can't write it into words.

We will not breathe because there will be no reason to. We will be spirits. We will not have to eat either to sustain ourselves. I believe we will definitely be able to fly which I am looking forward to. And I hope, really HOPE that God will let me fly around the universe and visit distant worlds and stars. I can't wait! But then again, maybe my desires will change once I behold the Lord and I would never dream of being away from him long enough to bother exploring the universe. Maybe He will hold my hand and go with me, though. I don't know, but it will be exciting whatever happens and whatever Heaven has in store for us!

Last edited:
T

Tintin

I don't know what it'll look like but there won't be any more seas or oceans.
How do you know this is true?

We will not breathe because there will be no reason to.

Pure speculation.

We will be spirits.
Sorry, you lose. We will have bodies, newly created ones.

We will not have to eat either to sustain ourselves.
There are verses to suggest otherwise. We may not need food for sustenance but maybe we'll eat purely out of enjoyment for God and his good blessings.

I think the New Heaven and the New Earth will be strangely familiar and yet very different and so much better than we can imagine. It will be both a physical and a spiritual place, but one with no sin or affects of sin.

N

nathan3

Imagine beautiful Gardens. Law & order and peace. High technology , things you might think beyond science fiction, would be reality there.And a lot of different animals . All the races of people you would find here, would be there also. No pain or sickness. And God is in control. They might eat, the manna from heaven John 6:31-33, and the places in the Old testament or Torah it is teaches about it.

Last edited:

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
I don't know what it'll look like but there won't be any more seas or oceans.
How do you know this is true?

We will not breathe because there will be no reason to.

Pure speculation.

We will be spirits.
Sorry, you lose. We will have bodies, newly created ones.

We will not have to eat either to sustain ourselves.
There are verses to suggest otherwise. We may not need food for sustenance but maybe we'll eat purely out of enjoyment for God and his good blessings.

I think the New Heaven and the New Earth will be strangely familiar and yet very different and so much better than we can imagine. It will be both a physical and a spiritual place, but one with no sin or affects of sin.
REV. 21:1 -- "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea." You really didn't know this?

And I meant spiritual bodies. I know our earthly bodies will be resurrected, glorified.

Can you tell me why we would need to breathe? It serves no purpose since we breathe to live, and once we are in Heaven will not "need" anything to live such as food or water or air because we will live forever.

L

Laodicea

Heaven to me will be being with Jesus without any distractions, there will be no tempter there no war no more anything to keep us away from God.

tjogs

Jun 28, 2009
I belvieve too that we can fly and looking forward to it as well, what also I kinda expect in some form is scientificly to call Telepathik matrix as new additional way to communicate. The few hints by our current science have proved this "theory" possible and to my understanding if anyone can prove and show how Praying works he or she have seen what I mean.

Also im really curious to see what God have planned about us when we are no longer limited by sin. You know all the great artists, scientists, explorers etc. who openly glorified God trough their work. Im sure they will have new areas to work on in heaven in their "profession". Yeah I believe that something in our self what we are attracted, what we are remains. But it's kinda difficult to name what exactly because it's under the human self we are so well aware right now.