Heavy Metal Detox

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2014
I specifically questioned the material cited in the article as it pertained to the toxicity of amalgam, citing a lack of falsifiable data brought to the table and an overall lack of any qualitative explanation as far as the methodologies used to reach the figures cited in the article. I've demonstrated that the figures represented in the article don't have any factually credible basis when taking into consideration the overall lack of widespread and elevated mercury toxicity levels, specifically in women of childbearing age, in spite of the ubiquity of amalgam -- which should lead to far, far different conclusions if the article's figures are consistent with reality. Thus, the burden of substantiating the material you've cited falls to your shoulders.

Again, it's basic science. If the figures don't correspond to what's actually being observed in the overall demographic in question, the figures aren't representative of what's actually going on. Specifically, chewing and ingesting food doesn't lead to 1 to 50 ppb of mercury being ingested and absorbed into the body, since this would be reflected in mercury levels present in the overall population. It isn't. The study is flat-out wrong. It's demonstrable, and the 2 - 2.5% of women of childbearing age that actually do have elevated levels of mercury toxicity as cited in the 2009 - 2010 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey demonstrates this.

S

sealabeag

All I know is that there is a huge online community who's health has been severely affected by heavy metals, along with various other health problems that are not regarded as proven YET by mainstream doctors and the "scientific community". Go talk to them if you want proof that this is a real thing that can change/ruin lives. I don't mean to use emotional rhetoric, but I myself would be in dire straits today if I had relied on doctors and THEIR "scientific proof", and not the proof of countless human beings and their actual experiences, which I think may count for much more.

May 4, 2014
All I know is that there is a huge online community who's health has been severely affected by heavy metals, along with various other health problems that are not regarded as proven YET by mainstream doctors and the "scientific community". Go talk to them if you want proof that this is a real thing that can change/ruin lives. I don't mean to use emotional rhetoric, but I myself would be in dire straits today if I had relied on doctors and THEIR "scientific proof", and not the proof of countless human beings and their actual experiences, which I think may count for much more.
Just to be clear, what are we referring to by "this"? Heavy metal poisoning, or detoxification?

S

sealabeag

Just to be clear, what are we referring to by "this"? Heavy metal poisoning, or detoxification?
Heavy metal poisoning, and detoxification from that and/or detoxification from other toxins.

May 4, 2014
Heavy metal poisoning, and detoxification from that and/or detoxification from other toxins.
The medical field already recognizes and acknowledges the toxicity of heavy metals, and has for quite some time. As far as detoxification is concerned, chelation therapy and gastrointestinal decontamination are two of the very small handful of established methods of detoxification, and are generally only used acutely. In terms of the general population, detoxification is pointless, since the term would imply that a significant level of toxins are present in your average Joe or Jane to warrant consideration as a health risk. This isn't the case, and furthermore, the body naturally and adequately detoxifies itself through a number of biological means.

As far as the "huge online community," you're referring to, rest assured -- it isn't a fraction of the size you think it is. People who think they're suffering from adverse health conditions on the basis of heavy metal poisoning most often aren't exposed enough to heavy metals to differentiate from the general population. The fallible mind's psychological fear of "bodily toxins" plays a significant role in creating such illusions, and they're anathema to the world of alternative medicine on the whole.

S

sealabeag

Like I said I'm not particularly interested in what the "medical field" do or do not recognise. Most doctors I have encountered seem more interested in arguing, in a similar way to you, about recognised "studies" and how "the medical community" is right and anyone who should suggest anything else is wrong and to be dubbed a hypochondriac or fanatic.
What matters is what helps people overcome their health problems, not arguing over details, and many of the things that DO work are not necessarily recognised by the majority in the "scientific/medical community". And I use all those quotation marks with disdain.

May 4, 2014
Like I said I'm not particularly interested in what the "medical field" do or do not recognise. Most doctors I have encountered seem more interested in arguing, in a similar way to you, about recognised "studies" and how "the medical community" is right and anyone who should suggest anything else is wrong and to be dubbed a hypochondriac or fanatic.
What matters is what helps people overcome their health problems, not arguing over details, and many of the things that DO work are not necessarily recognised by the majority in the "scientific/medical community". And I use all those quotation marks with disdain.
Oh, you. :rolleyes:

OnThisRock

Jan 20, 2011
I was really healthy on the Daniel Fast. Then I tried the chemical free, Paleo Diet, with all grass fed meat everything organic. That was GREAT. The best I ever felt was when I went to China and spent three weeks in a rural location. All the food was fresh and the fish was from the river. Any snacks we had, were not processed. Basically I slowly detoxed. My head was clearer, my belly was flat, and I had lost weight. I have to admit, I did go through some detox. I'm not sure how to totally eliminate all metals.

OnThisRock

Jan 20, 2011
I stopped sugar, most breads, sweetners, most all sugary soda. When I stopped milk, I lost 5 pounds in one week. There are many chemicals in milk. I think today's milk is flavored and induced with satan himself.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I was really healthy on the Daniel Fast. Then I tried the chemical free, Paleo Diet, with all grass fed meat everything organic. That was GREAT. The best I ever felt was when I went to China and spent three weeks in a rural location. All the food was fresh and the fish was from the river. Any snacks we had, were not processed. Basically I slowly detoxed. My head was clearer, my belly was flat, and I had lost weight. I have to admit, I did go through some detox. I'm not sure how to totally eliminate all metals.
You DONT want to eliminate ALL metals out of your body! Some metals in your body are there NATURALLY, such as iron and aluminum. If you deplete your metal supply down to zero, you WILL become severely anemic and will require multiple blood transfusions to replenish the iron into your blood! I have firsthand knowledge of this, because it happened to me a few years ago. Not a fun experience and certainly not one that I would want to see happen to you.

Unless you know for sure what you're doing, don't fudge around with it!!!!

Fish (some species) is LOADED with mercury! I don't like fish, so I would never eat it anyway, but I do know certain species of fish have alot of mercury in them. If you wanna detox from metal overload, consult a PROFESSIONAL doctor.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
are you aware of how powerful the placebo effect is?
or do you chalk that up to rubbish, since "recognized and accredited scientific researchers" produce a large body of reproducible, undeniable, credible evidence to support it, and "scientists" can't be trusted, but yahooanswers can be?

Aug 26, 2014
Because there's no substantive evidence whatsoever to suggest that detoxification beyond what the body is naturally capable of even works, or that amalgam fillings contribute to public health issues of any sort. For instance, by eating seafood on a semi-regular basis, you're easily ingesting more mercury than what you'd be ingesting from your amalgam fillings alone.
With seafood, however, you're also getting selenium. Selenium is a chelator of mercury (i.e. - attaches to it and safely eliminates it from the body).