Hebrews 7:1-3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2009
Peace and my Relationship with Christ

An excerpt from my 'Fruit of the Spirit Bible'.

Hebrews 7:1-3

Is your heart a prayer room? Visualize your heart as a place where you meet with Christ, the ultimate king of peace. I have written on this very metaphor in a book called Table of Inwardness. In this small book I pictured myself in concord with Jesus, sitting at a table set for two. The setting of my prayer rendezvous with Christ is always a garden of peace.

If there are things in my life that bring turmoil to the setting, I ask him to clear away the busy noise of my self-important agenda so that we can meet in peace. But how do we get rid of that busy inner noise that produces a restlessness in our hearts? This is difficult indeed. All of our lives, from the time we are first able to think, we talk to ourselves in our minds. We live all our lives in this never-ending stream of conversation. Our minds are chatty, never stopping to rest. We talk,talk,talk inside ourselves. To complicate the matter ''inside ourselves'' is the address we give to God, for here amid the chatter lives the Holy Spirit, always trying to get a word in edgewise. I have called the never-ending inner dialogue ''roof-brain'' chatter, a term I borrowed from Joseph Chilton Pearce.

This unending stream of mental commentary needs to come to a halt if Christ is ever to commune with us. I suggest focusing on Christ himself until we call the noise to silence. Then we can press on to hear the art of listening prayer.

At this point, peace is born in our lives. Into this new calm that we establish by silencing our busy minds. Christ makes his entry and is ours. He is ours for fellowship and ours for instruction. He is ours for friendship and commission. He is ours for the moderated life, ours for the life of peace.

* To begin a study on the topic of Peace and the Prince of Peace, turn to the home page on page 19.

F

fromtheriver

Simply, wow.

I couldn't agree more.
For the past days, I've caught myself praying and then drifting off to a day dream or remembering the day. Sometimes I feel a little bad because I feel like i'm pushing God away from what I'm really supposed to do and if it's really coming from the heart or from my own head.

May 3, 2009
Melchizedek typifies a type of Christ, representing an eternal priesthood. The passage of Hebrews reminds us of Abraham's meeting w Melchizedek in Gen 14:17. Whenever in the biblical there is a discussion of a name, we know the author is telling us that something significant is happening. So it is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.