HELL

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

stacygo72

Show on H2 about hell on now

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No show can come close to the awful reality of hell.

S

stacygo72

I agree. It did boost my desire for evangelism though.

N

nathan3

most likely a lot of false hoods about what scripture say.

john832

May 31, 2013
HAHAHAHHA too funny and the only thing they probably got right is that it will be hot. ;)
But they didn't even get that right, it will be a lot hotter then they think...

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
They make it clear that they don't believe in it. They imply that you are stupid for believing in it. The timing of the airing of such stuff is to be noted.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 12, 2013
But they didn't even get that right, it will be a lot hotter then they think...

2Pe 3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Mal 4:1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
Mal 4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.
I like the verse where it talks about hell setting on fire the foundations of the mountains...hot enough to make rock fluid (lava) :)

T

tucksma

I do not believe in a hell. This is why.

In the Greek of the new testament there are 3 words that got translated into hell.
1. Gehenna
2. Tartarus
3. Hades.

Clearly these are all proper nouns. When translating a proper noun do you change the name? NO. So the word Hell shouldn't even be in the new testament. So the question is what are these things.

1. Gehenna
This is a trash pit ON EARTH outside of Jerusalem. People who committed crimes were burned here as well as trash. Whenever it talks about eternal worms or hell fire this is what it is talking about (look it up in a concordance if you don't believe me). This is clearly not an underworld.

2. Tartatus.
This comes up one time and it is said that certain angels are kept here until judgement day. 2 things I'd like to say. 1 is that the word angels here refers to messengers of God not necessarily angels. John the Baptist is actually called this very thing. So the idea that literally angels are held here isn't sure proof. 2. is that it comes up once in the entire bible. If this is the big bad place that we should be scared of it'd come up more than once. Other than that I don't have much of an answer for you to what it is, I just know it isn't referring to and underworld.

3.Hades.
This is the harder one to fathom because the first thing that comes to mind is Greek underworld. So I did some digging and I found that Jesus actually quotes the old testament and in the old testament it says "sheol" in the new it says hades. So hades = sheol. So what is Sheol? Well it gets translated about half the time as the grave and half the time as hell. Does that make sense? One word means two VERY different ideas. In english yes it does but not in Hebrew or Greek. In those languages that had like 3 different words for one of our words for the different ways we use it (ex. love has 3 greek words). So which is it? Well if we were to put hell in for every time sheol comes up it makes NO sense, but if we put grave it does make sense because everyone goes to the grave.

But lets just say that the 13ish (I don't know exact numbers but it is around there) it comes up as hell are legit. So that's 13 times in the entire old testament. In the new only Hades could actually be hell, the other two words by no means could be because one is on Earth and the other, well, good luck proving what it is with any other scripture cuz it doesn't come up again. (Please do not tell me what you think Tartarus is, Of course we all have our thoughts but there is no way you could prove to me what it is with other scripture because with every other scripture you think it is talking about Tartarus, you are assuming it is because it doesn't mention Tartarus by name.) So that's 13 sheol's being hell, and about 15 Hades. So we'll just say 30 because it's easy math. 30 time in the entire bible that hell could legitimately be talked about. This big bad place that has no real description (in these 30ish times so exclude it if it says Gehenna) in the bible. How many times is heaven mentioned? Over 500. So 500:30. Yeah that doesn't seem to fit. And that's being generous in that Hades and Sheol actual could mean hell when they couldn't because of what I said earlier.

Our hope is for eternal life right? It is a hope as in it may not happen. If someone went to a hell it is still alive. If it goes to heaven it is still alive. So the idea of hell takes away the idea of a hope of eternal life and changes it to a hope of enternal life in heaven but the bible doesn't say that. It only ever says hope of eternal life.

Nov 26, 2013
I do not believe in a hell. This is why.

In the Greek of the new testament there are 3 words that got translated into hell.
1. Gehenna
2. Tartarus
3. Hades.

Clearly these are all proper nouns. When translating a proper noun do you change the name? NO. So the word Hell shouldn't even be in the new testament. So the question is what are these things.

1. Gehenna
This is a trash pit ON EARTH outside of Jerusalem. People who committed crimes were burned here as well as trash. Whenever it talks about eternal worms or hell fire this is what it is talking about (look it up in a concordance if you don't believe me). This is clearly not an underworld.

2. Tartatus.
This comes up one time and it is said that certain angels are kept here until judgement day. 2 things I'd like to say. 1 is that the word angels here refers to messengers of God not necessarily angels. John the Baptist is actually called this very thing. So the idea that literally angels are held here isn't sure proof. 2. is that it comes up once in the entire bible. If this is the big bad place that we should be scared of it'd come up more than once. Other than that I don't have much of an answer for you to what it is, I just know it isn't referring to and underworld.

3.Hades.
This is the harder one to fathom because the first thing that comes to mind is Greek underworld. So I did some digging and I found that Jesus actually quotes the old testament and in the old testament it says "sheol" in the new it says hades. So hades = sheol. So what is Sheol? Well it gets translated about half the time as the grave and half the time as hell. Does that make sense? One word means two VERY different ideas. In english yes it does but not in Hebrew or Greek. In those languages that had like 3 different words for one of our words for the different ways we use it (ex. love has 3 greek words). So which is it? Well if we were to put hell in for every time sheol comes up it makes NO sense, but if we put grave it does make sense because everyone goes to the grave.

But lets just say that the 13ish (I don't know exact numbers but it is around there) it comes up as hell are legit. So that's 13 times in the entire old testament. In the new only Hades could actually be hell, the other two words by no means could be because one is on Earth and the other, well, good luck proving what it is with any other scripture cuz it doesn't come up again. (Please do not tell me what you think Tartarus is, Of course we all have our thoughts but there is no way you could prove to me what it is with other scripture because with every other scripture you think it is talking about Tartarus, you are assuming it is because it doesn't mention Tartarus by name.) So that's 13 sheol's being hell, and about 15 Hades. So we'll just say 30 because it's easy math. 30 time in the entire bible that hell could legitimately be talked about. This big bad place that has no real description (in these 30ish times so exclude it if it says Gehenna) in the bible. How many times is heaven mentioned? Over 500. So 500:30. Yeah that doesn't seem to fit. And that's being generous in that Hades and Sheol actual could mean hell when they couldn't because of what I said earlier.

Our hope is for eternal life right? It is a hope as in it may not happen. If someone went to a hell it is still alive. If it goes to heaven it is still alive. So the idea of hell takes away the idea of a hope of eternal life and changes it to a hope of enternal life in heaven but the bible doesn't say that. It only ever says hope of eternal life.
:confused:

K

Kerry

Jesus spoke more of hell than heaven. If you do not believe in a place called. Then you do not believe in God and are a messenger of satan. Check yourself.

T

tucksma

look at the original text though! More times than not he said Gehenna not hell, which was on earth. He did say Hades a few times which I just showed you does not mean hell. Also In Ecclesiastes it says "the dead know nothing" also that what happens to the beasts happens to us likewise. If we went to hell we know something, sin. Also I doubt beasts go to hell. And I have checked myself. Also what JUST God would send someone to eternal damnation for not believing him for 70ish years. I get maybe the WORST people sort of kind of MAYBE should go there, but people who simply didn't have a decent teacher or motivator in faith also go there according to your faith. That isn't just by any means. Same time is it just for them to go to heaven? NO they don't have faith in God! It makes more sense for them to go to the grave and have no consciousness in death. Then they would literally know nothing and what happened to the beast would happen to them likewise.

Also Sir don't you dare call me a messenger of Satan simply because I have a different view than you. "Judge not so you be no Judged"