Hello everyone!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

himynameischangex

Hi everyone, Nice to met you. I'm Joyce and well, I have a few thoughts going on in my mind..

Firstly im a pretty social person, im in my first year of university (known as 1st year of college in the US).
Anyway i guess ive done it all and lived with the saying 'YOLO' - You only live once... So i've done it all ive been to the partys, got drunk and getting up boys and i know this is not my life.

Being first year of college it is hard. I watch people walk down the road with alcohol, good looking guys getting drunk with there beers and that and i feel like joining them. only thing stopping me is ive put on a teeny bit of wieght so after a week at the gym ill probably go back.

Anyway lately ive been wanting to get right with god again. Problem is ive said thi many times. Every year i go to youth conferences that are 4 days long and i have a empowering time and give my life again and go hard and then once i go back home in to my community i lose it and get lost in the crowd and end up partying again. recently i won this huge competiton for new years eve which is for a huge music festival and i remeber how stoked i was when i won and telling my friends how drunk i was going to get, how many guys and how many drugs i would get with and use. I feel sad typing this now becuas etruth is im scared. Im scare dof recommitting again only to be a failure. you see last year at this one conference i just stood and was honest with my self and said 'never again you are going to change'.

but i was led back into partying.........
here were i study and then back in at my hometown..

but i want to get right with god, ive been properhized over and told my life is going to be extrodanory that id be blown beyond world and was told this by many people.

First gave life to god in 2008 and unlike other youth iwent to school with ive always been still going to youth group and been interested in spending money to christan festivals and conferences because i do feel spiritual.

i want to get right with god but im scared about what its going to be like come dec when new years nears and were ill be thinking about getting tanned and skinny and looking good.i dunno what to do! i want to also go to church at my hometown but im scared of what they will think like im at faker . i want to go to church in the city i study but i know nobody and its a big step going into a church by your self.

i need advice!!!
im 18 girl and i have a few insecurities!
xx

M

Martyrael

Hi Joyce, Welcome to Christian Chat! It's great to have you with us.

I would be very happy to guide you through this difficult time in your walk with Christ. From the sound of it you've committed your life to God on more than one occasion, do you see the significance of this? The prayer that you most likely have been making is intended to be prayed once. It is called the Sinner's Prayer and it's purpose is your repentance of your sinful state and disbelief in Jesus Christ, so that He may enter into your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. So long as you were sincere with this prayer and were truthful to your commitment of every word and thought, you have no need to make the prayer again. From that moment fourth you have born again into Christ, and become a new creation before God.

I'd like to hear back from you with your understanding of that, but i'll also give you a few points of advise to consider in the meanwhile. I urge you to pay attention to the smaller things around you this week. Your music, your choice of friends, the shows you watch on T.V., Etc. These things may very well be what's holding you back in your growth with God. The descent to Sin is not always a fall, often times it's a slide. If you can make those pitfalls any less steep in your life, this is where i suggest you start.

You've mentioned your university to be tempting you to sin, yet God calls us to flee from sin! This is going to take courage and faith on your part. I challenge you to look for a christian club on your campus and find strength in that fellowship. Not only do i encourage you to find a church to make a home of, but i encourage you to find a good one. Consider this website your church if it fits even. Finally i challenge you to find someone to hold yourself accountable to. You are not alone in this battle.

I will put you into my prayers, Be Blessed.

-Brian

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011

It's great that you realize your weaknesses and want to work on them :)

Go to church even if you have to go by yourself. I'll pray that people will be led to make you feel welcome. Just go! You will be greatly uplifted and encouraged.

Praying for guidance and strength for you :)