Hello, fellow Christians!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 13, 2024
Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Martin, and I decided to join this site to ask questions about things I'm unsure about and to learn from more mature and knowledgeable Christians.
I know that all the answers are to be found in the Bible, but nonetheless, I see disagreement and competing interpretations in the body of Christ about many things.

I apologize in case there are mistakes in spelling or grammar. English is my second language, so mistakes can happen. I'm grateful for correction.

God bless all my brothers and sisters in Christ :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I apologize in case there are mistakes in spelling or grammar. English is
my second language, so mistakes can happen. I'm grateful for correction.
Your English is quite good - spelling, grammar, composition, the whole nine yards! Kudos to you .(y):)

^ Gospel of John is often recommended as a great place to start reading the Bible.
This movie is a word-for-Word portrayal of John's gospel.

Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
BLANK IMAGE FOR TEXT MESSAGES - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
Friendly.png
'I have come to believe the instructions of how our life should be conducted
are laid out within the Bible...the answers are within one's own self.'

'Ponder this carefully.'
:)

Feb 13, 2024
Your English is quite good - spelling, grammar, composition, the whole nine yards! Kudos to you .(y):)

^ Gospel of John is often recommended as a great place to start reading the Bible.
This movie is a word-for-Word portrayal of John's gospel.

Have you heard of the Alpha Course?

There are 10 videos total. I hope you watch them. They could benefit you greatly :)
Thank you very much!

I've read the gospel a couple of times and recently started to study the Bible with the Hebrew/Aramaic and for the NT Greek concordance.
By comparing the different translations (German), I have noticed that they sometimes lead me to quite different conclusions.

I'm gonna look into the Alpha Course, thank you for the recommendation. ;):)

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Welcome Martin.
Your English is perfect.

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia

My name is Martin, and I decided to join this site to ask questions about things I'm unsure about and to learn from more mature and knowledgeable Christians.
I know that all the answers are to be found in the Bible, but nonetheless, I see disagreement and competing interpretations in the body of Christ about many things.

I apologize in case there are mistakes in spelling or grammar. English is my second language, so mistakes can happen. I'm grateful for correction.

God bless you too.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you very much!
I try my best, but sometimes a mistake slips through. :sneaky::geek:
We all make mistakes... And then there are those who couldn't care less... As well as those who say, they could not care less means the same as they could care less. Kind of like saying, their yes means no, and their no means yes. LOL. Any who, there is a 5 minute edit window that allows you to edit what you have typed, which many members think is too short, but it just means proof-reading is helpful before sending post :)

Feb 13, 2024
We all make mistakes... And then there are those who couldn't care less... As well as those who say, they could not care less means the same as they could care less. Kind of like saying, their yes means no, and their no means yes. LOL. Any who, there is a 5 minute edit window that allows you to edit what you have typed, which many members think is too short, but it just means proof-reading is helpful before sending post :)
Thank you! :giggle: That's useful information.

Before I post, I usually triple-check my text and try to formulate my thoughts to the best of my ability.
I fell somewhat in love with the English language.
So at least I know, that if I messed up, my English skills were genuinely inadequate.
That's why I'm grateful for correction because I'm blind to some mistakes, and can't always assess if my way of expressing myself comes across as unusual or weird.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Glad to have you joining the fellowship and welcome to CC!!! This is such a wondrous journey and may God continue to bless & guide you along🙏 Have fun browsing the Forums and jump in whenever you're ready.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thank you! :giggle: That's useful information.

Before I post, I usually triple-check my text and try to formulate my thoughts to the best of my ability.
I fell somewhat in love with the English language.
So at least I know, that if I messed up, my English skills were genuinely inadequate.
That's why I'm grateful for correction because I'm blind to some mistakes, and can't always assess if my way of expressing myself comes across as unusual or weird.
I sometimes think my post is good after proof-reading and then discover later that I left out
a word I automatically read in, or had a word in twice when it was only needed once LOL.
I think in instances like that, people understand what is being said regardless...

Anyways, your English is very good! And:

You Are Welcome! God Bless You
:)

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Welcome, brother Martin. Your English comes across very well on my end. :)(y)

You are correct that the Bible is its own best interpreter, but we must still meditate and seek the Spirit of understanding together. That's how God designed it to work best. It is good that you have come. Let us study together. :geek:(y):coffee:

Feb 13, 2024
Welcome, brother Martin. Your English comes across very well on my end. :)(y)

You are correct that the Bible is its own best interpreter, but we must still meditate and seek the Spirit of understanding together. That's how God designed it to work best. It is good that you have come. Let us study together. :geek:(y):coffee:
Thank you, Sir!
It was a good decision to come here, I already found two interesting posts I want to study with my Bible. :D