Hello my name is Richard I am 37. I hope to connect with believers

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I think we all have ups and downs and doubts and fears and we all have sin, and we are to "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling." But I can only speak for myself. When i have the confidence in his Grace, and that He came for a reason , to redeem me and He did just that, I am sure, and my cup runneth over with gratitude and tears of joy and praise. If I could retain that 24/7 and walk in that every minute then i could always be 100% sure. I have a human nature that i constantly have to put down though, I still see through the foggy mirror. So i hope.
Romans 8:25
I understand your uncertainty. We certainly all commit sins.
When it really comes down to it, there's not a person here who retains a walk with the Lord 24/7. Did you know that even a lie condemns us to hell?

"For the wages of sin is death; ..."
Romans 6:23

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."
Revelation 21:8

Perhaps you haven't committed murder or sorcery, but have you ever lied?
I know that I have.
That's mighty humbling, isn't it?

According to the Bible, where do we deserve to go then?
That's right if you said hell.

The truth is that a long list of good works will never atone for even one sin.

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."
Ephesians 2

What is grace?
Grace is what God offers out of kindness, despite what we have done in sinning against Him.

What is the gift of God?
What He Himself paid for. We don't work for it or earn eternal life. Salvation from hell is a free gift already purchased by the one and only Savior. When someone offers anything else to try to pay for that gift, it's like saying that God didn't do enough. It's like saying that it's insufficient, so I must turn from all my sins and be obedient to the laws. It's like saying, that baptism, church membership, carrying that cross, or any other good work is that which helps save us.
No, the payment isn't our righteousness.
All our trust must be in the Savior because by grace are ye saved through faith.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Yes, we deserve death in hell.
However, much we work carrying that heavy cross, or live what we think is a perfect life if obedience, look into a mirror. Who is there?
A sinner or the Savior?
A sinner can't save.
Here's a familiar verse.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Who did the giving for the gift?
God paid it already.
God gave His Only begotten Son.
The Son laid down His life for you.
We know He arose after 3 days.

I know you believe that.

There's also an important point that I should explain. Salvation is a gift that is based completely upon the purchased price of Jesus' suffering death for all of those sins, past , present, and future. When He arose on the third day, He took back His life. He offers that same life to all who turn completely from their own strength, and putting down of the sin nature and instead put ALL of that trust in Him alone. It's not about us holding onto Him, it's about Him saving and continuing to hold onto us. The Father will do that as well. If you are trusting works of your own strength, then you need to give up on that hopeless effort.
Do you see what I mean?

I will make that easy to do with this prayer my friend. Please tell the Lord this from your heart.

Dear Jesus,
I don't deserve your gift.
I can never do enough to pay for even one of my sins. I now realize that I can't add to what you have done, when You suffered on the cross for for all of my sins to save me from hell.
I believe that you alone paid for them all. Please save me and take me to heaven when I die. I now trust you alone to save me.
Thank you Jesus.
Amen

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Ephesians 4:15,17,22-24 KJV
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
[17] This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
[22] That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
[23] And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
[24] And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
I just want to understand what you mean. Are you quoting this verse as a proof text to support the idea that salvation is a process that takes these good works?

Richie85

Mar 25, 2023
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways aknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths." :) Prov. 3:5&6
Oh ye sons of men, how long will you turn my glory to shame

Underwhosewings

Jan 19, 2023
Australia
I just want to understand what you mean. Are you quoting this verse as a proof text to support the idea that salvation is a process that takes these good works?
Salvation was instant, after God opened my spiritually blind eyes.

Instead of answering “No”
I sent these verses, because the poem seems to be referring to someone who is saved, but not necessarily following the good shepherd.
Maybe not growing in the Lord.
Maybe not feeding on His word.
Maybe compromising.
Maybe has not put off the old man completely.
OR…..left their first love.
Revelation 2:4-5 KJV
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
[5] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Salvation was instant, after God opened my spiritually blind eyes.

Instead of answering “No”
I sent these verses, because the poem seems to be referring to someone who is saved, but not necessarily following the good shepherd.
Maybe not growing in the Lord.
Maybe not feeding on His word.
Maybe compromising.
Maybe has not put off the old man completely.
OR…..left their first love.
Revelation 2:4-5 KJV
Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
[5] Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
Ok. I see where you're coming from now.
👌

I was posting #41 because there's a need for salvation with our visitor. Many well meaning churches I've been to growing up confused me with passages on growth of the saved, when what I really needed was actually salvation. Unlike you, they taught it as a process or as something that must be maintained by good works.
I thought that I was a Christian. Every priest and pastor took many commands in the Bible that didn't apply to me yet, to teach as methods of salvation. Once I learned what the requirement was as posted in #41, I made that decision. That's what our OP needs right now.

Jennann83

Apr 4, 2023
Well glad to see you made it back online. I understand the busy. I'm super busy all the time.
I pray you are blessed today as you seek to do the Heavenly Father's will in your life. HalleluYah