Hello, want to share my struggles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianTonyB

The so-called Missionary Dating is a flawed and dangerous strategy. Don’t do this, you will be putting yourself at unnecessary risk. Any true follower of Christ will not put themselves into such a foolish situation, ignoring the warnings in scripture, and running the risk of having their faith destroyed. Seek the fellowship of fellow believers and find your soul mate in amongst those, they are following the lead of Jesus, otherwise it will be highly likely that you will eventually be temped into error…

Jesus_Leads

Aug 15, 2021
I'm new to this and just wanted to be in fellowship with other believers. I am a young adult and there is no young adult group at church so I honestly feel lonely. Everyone is either older than me or younger. I need to be around people my age and it's hard. I even took up a new job where I thought I would be able to meet new people and socialize a bit. The problem is, this job does inquire alot of socialization with my coworkers and there are people close to my age but they aren't Christian and can be bad influences. I am not partying or drinking like they do together sometimes but I just like to be friends with them because I want friends. Only I feel like I am being influenced in my walk with God. Like I said, I am not partying drinking or anything but I am being tempted to date nonbelievers and it's hard. I'm a young adult and I crave community. I don't really have friends at church but have been so desperate for social interaction I am scared to leave my job. I don't want to be lonely with no friends again. Please help. Any Bible Verses or wisdom you feel led to share? I really need you family of Christ.
I see you have received a lot of advices already and use mine if it's helpful

Don't think of leaving the job unless God asks you to.

You have no gang other than this non-believers ok then be on constant watch to get a fellowship, don't expect people of your same age. Christians from age until schooling has the same mentality and then after schooling to working has same mentality and married people has same mentality and then there are elders. So its not about age its about what you are facing in life. Ask God for a fellowship in your daily prayer.

Until that you can hangout with the group if you can live as beleiver in front of them without compromising your holiness and relationship with Christ they may mock you but you should stand strong. If that people are being with that they won't compel you to drink or date a non believer they should know that you won't do those stuffs no matter what you have to make it clear to them. And try not to hangout with them outside of work because most of the stuffs they do would be worldly. Have them as colleagues not friends. And like I said try to find fellowship ASAP.
I would like to quote Psalm 1 for your help everyone of us have to live a life among non-believers in work so don't push yourself too much but try to avoid hanging out with them outside work as much as possible. God will be with you and lead you through your hard times