Hello

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Shell

Hello! My name is Michelle, but everyone calls me Shell. I am new to this site. So I will tell a little bit about myself & my family and then tell what I am looking for, in hopes that this site may be able to offer it to me. I am married with 3 children, tho one of my step-daughter's still lives in PA. I am a stay at home mom to my 12(soon to be 13) year old son and 16 year old step-daughter. I am currently looking for a part-time job, because since my kids have gotten older they don't need me at home as much. I am also looking to make some friends, because since my husband & I relocated our family to Oklahoma 3 years ago, I have not been able to meet people that I can connect with and trust. I am also looking for some advice & support in regards to the current situation that my husband & I are going through. I have become very depressed, stressed, and to the point of having no faith left. I have been a Christian all my life, was baptised when I was 15 or 16, but due to our current situation I have all but lost total faith. I need some advice, support, and guidance to get me back to the happy, caring, loving person I once was. I hope I can find that here.

L

Lalilo

Hello Shell and welcome.

Whats the problem you and your husband are having?

Whats living in Oklahoma like, because I was keen on moving to Tulsa in a couple of years?

S

Shell

Well, there is a lot wrong. I have been trying for months to find a job and have had no luck. My husband's work has slowed down due to the weather. He is a cement truck driver. We have been struggling to pay our bills and keep food on the table. I know that my husband & I are not the only ones going through this, but it feels that way. I also have the stress of my husband saying that I don't do anything everyday. Even though I run every evening to pick up our daughter from cheer practice or games, run the kids to doctor appointments, clean, do laundry, and make sure there is a hot meal on the table when everyone gets home. I feel that because I am stuck at home 24/7, I have become very stressed, depressed, and almost lost total faith. I am not the same happy, loving, & caring person I once was. I don't know what to do. My husband says that I need to get out of the house a little each day, but when I can't afford the gas to go anywhere I can't very well do what he has suggested. All of this stress & worries has caused a lot of arguments between my husband & I. I know that God only gives us what we can handle, but I feel God has given me to much to deal with. I have no job, bills I can't pay, no friends (since we moved), a daughter who expects everything to be handed to her, a son who does understand our situation & doesn't ask for anything(which I am happy for), and a husband who can't understand what I'm going through. I need someone who understands what I am going through, a good listener, and give me advice on how to deal with everything.

As far as living in Oklahoma...I love the weather, scenery, and slow paced lifestyle. As for the Tulsa area, I don't go there very often unless the kids have a doctor appointment. There is too much crime and violence there for me. Everyday on our local news, they talk about another drive-by shooting or robbery or arson or murder. Tulsa is becoming very bad with gang issues. We live about an hour east of Tulsa in a very small town, where everyone knows everyone (except me & my husband, we don't know hardly anyone), and it is very peaceful.

W

wyldkat

Hi Shell. Welcome to Christian Chat and I hope you can find everything you are looking for in this wonderful site.

Jun 20, 2010
Sounds like one of my friends if you were 10 years younger. Shortening Michelle. I should start offering Mimi as a substitute! ^^
I empathisize to hear of tough times, I'm not the most aware person when it comes to family's, but I do have a lot of drive I can rub off on others I hope ^^

welcome to CC

L

Lalilo

Hello Shell
I can relate with your situation. I myself are going through hard times. I have been looking for work for over a year. I have bills I do not know how to pay. I haven't seen my daughter for over a year. But I have to say if it wasn't for my faith in God I would probably be a depressed mess fill of antiety. I use to have all the worldly things I desired, but I lost my health. Now that I have God in my life I have my health but no worldly things. It seems that in this world we live in it is hard to have both. Have you tried making friends at your local church. Getting involved with your community through the church is a great way to meet people. I went to the hospital the other day to visit my aunte who has had a stroke and I thanked God for my good health.

S

Shell

Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone.

@
Lalilo, It's not the worldly things I'm looking for tho. At one point in time, we had no problem paying our bills, putting food on the table, and making sure our family had the basic things we needed to survive. Now we can barely pay our bills & put food on the table and as fair as providing the basic items needed to survive, we go without. We only get the bare necessities needed to survive. I have not attended church since I was 16. And I know, I am probably gonna get a lot of lectures for that statement, but it's true. For the past 16 years I have believed in God, but did not feel I needed to attend church to do so. And for 16 years, that worked for me. But in the past 3 years, a lot has gone wrong and has caused me to lose my faith in God. I have tried seeking help from my PCP, but his response to my problems....just deal with it. The thing is, I can't deal with it anymore. While my kids are at school & husband is at work, I do nothing but cry. I don't feel sorry for myself or my family, because we are blessed to have our health, a home, and some luxuries...but those are all paid for. I just feel bad because I can't afford to buy my kids clothes when they need them or buy that special snack they like to have when they get home. I have thought about seeing if the local food bank needs volunteers, but I can't commit myself to having to be some where because I never have the extra money for gas to do so. Because the kids always have either an appointment to be at or practice to attend. I personally think that I need a vacation away from having to do for my family and do for myself for a change. Even if it is just a weekend or 1 day of not being asked for something or asked to do something for someone other than me. :confused:

C

Crazy4GODword

Welcome friend

Devoted2JC

Jan 16, 2011
Michelle, hello and welcome to christian chat god bless you!

L

Lalilo

Hello Shell. I was not suggesting you wanted the worldly things. But all I can offer you is that I will pray that God will answer your plight.

W

winston

Welcome to CC! Have a Blessed Day!

Jun 20, 2010
Hello! My name is Michelle, but everyone calls me Shell. I am new to this site. So I will tell a little bit about myself & my family and then tell what I am looking for, in hopes that this site may be able to offer it to me. I am married with 3 children, tho one of my step-daughter's still lives in PA. I am a stay at home mom to my 12(soon to be 13) year old son and 16 year old step-daughter. I am currently looking for a part-time job, because since my kids have gotten older they don't need me at home as much. I am also looking to make some friends, because since my husband & I relocated our family to Oklahoma 3 years ago, I have not been able to meet people that I can connect with and trust. I am also looking for some advice & support in regards to the current situation that my husband & I are going through. I have become very depressed, stressed, and to the point of having no faith left. I have been a Christian all my life, was baptised when I was 15 or 16, but due to our current situation I have all but lost total faith. I need some advice, support, and guidance to get me back to the happy, caring, loving person I once was. I hope I can find that here.
Allow me to suggest somthing I have found most wonderful. Its has 58 pages. Not very long at ALL! Dr. Hobart E freeman's book called Biblical Thinking and Confession.

J

jimmydiggs

Hello shell, welcome to CC.