Hell's Best Kept Secret Method method of evangelism and the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
Change your mind, change your mind, stop saying bad stuff, stop with your finger wagging, your dark threatenings ... tell the GOOD news.

I never forget my earliest experience of church, it was a communion service at which people stood and gave testimony to the Lord. One by one they old saints stood up to give praise, telling how good God had been to them, what blessings they had received, His marvellous patience with them, how He pardoned their frailties.

And I heard how the Christians went down to the park in the afternoon to witness so I went with them. I got a shock, blown away.

These very SAME saints standing on boxes pointing around at all the people cursing them to hell fire, telling them what wicked sinners they were. I was staggered beyond belief, these were the same sweet and gentle saints transformed into snarling rabid dogs.

Change your mind, change what you are saying, the things you testify in private to each other THAT'S what people need to hear so badly.

Some folks get saved by this kind of preaching ... most people get saved because they were in trouble and they turned to the Lord and He helped them.

It's easy peasy to stand up and holler the sins of the people, people know they are sinners, what we have to learn is to smile and say God loves you, turn to Him, He'll help you, He'll fix you up.
I would say that we save some with fear and some by showing compassion.

There is a time for everything.

I fear GOD to judge His servant, which He will cause to stand or fall.

It'll all come out in the judgement...

awelight

Aug 10, 2020
do not I pray you be foolish

knowledge has not been done away, the perfect has not come, Paul wrote the best scriptures in that his understanding was greater than anybody else's, his revelations more. yet quoth he "we see as through a glass darkly, when the perfect is come what we now know only in part we shall know fully, we shall see face to face"

At the end of his life he claimed no perfection, no perfect knowledge, no perfect revelation.

Knowledge shall indeed be done away along with the gifts ... when the Perfect is here.
Yep, that was the defense I was expecting you to post. I know from experience, that any further communication on this subject, with you, would be pointless.

Have a good day.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It is not "dragging people through the mud" to show them what is written in Romans 3. That is the Word of God, and every person who needs salvation needs to see how God views him or her.

ROMANS 3: THE TRUE SPIRITUAL CONDITION OF ALL MANNKIND
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
13 Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
15 Their feet are swift to shed blood:
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways:
17 And the way of peace have they not known:
18 There is no fear of God before their eyes.
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

So after reading this portion of Scripture it is perfectly legitimate to ask "Do you accept God's verdict -- that you are guilty before God?" Then it is time to present the Gospel.
amen that’s the design of the two covenants one to reveal and impute sins upon all and another to call them to repentance and give them remission of those sins and a new heart and mind by the gospel which isn’t going to lead them to sin but to righteousness

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I'm not comfortable with evangelisim by dragging people thru the mud before giving them them good news of belief in Jesus as God for receiving eternal life.

The conviction of sin comes from God, and does not need to be induced through questions on what sins a lost person has committed.

They can understand thru God's conviction on their soul.

Definitely though do speak about hell and sin. They are hard topics but central to receiving eternal life and the atonement of sin thru Jesus.

We used to have a prayer that people could repeat after us, but are now more leaning towards letting them pray in their own time, between them and God without personal pressure.
some people think they are right and don’t need to repent and change

another people understand “ I’m just a sinner like everyone else I need Jesus too “

One group needs to be humbled until they realize “ I’m also a sinner I’m also corrupt I’m also less than God made me to be “

the other group doesn’t need to be taught that they are sinners and lost without Jesus

What I m saying is self righteous people who refuse to acknolwedge thier own sins and iniquity need to be “ dragged through the mud and shown plainly thier sins “

abut people who already understand and accept and acknolwedge “ I’m a sinner too I’m not better than anyone else I can’t be saved unless I believe the gospel either “

there’s no need to teach them “ your a sinner too …ect”

I’m not sure that makes sense but the idea is a person absolutely has to acknolwedge thier own sins and the death it binds them too and the condemnation that holds before they can be saved and redeemed from them by atonement

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Yep, that was the defense I was expecting you to post. I know from experience, that any further communication on this subject, with you, would be pointless.

Have a good day.
Unless you can show by scripture ...

all scripture concerning the gifts are go for them, covet them

God desires that we did all speak in tongues, so why would you want to quench them?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I'm not comfortable with evangelisim by dragging people thru the mud before giving them them good news of belief in Jesus as God for receiving eternal life.

The conviction of sin comes from God, and does not need to be induced through questions on what sins a lost person has committed.

They can understand thru God's conviction on their soul.

Definitely though do speak about hell and sin. They are hard topics but central to receiving eternal life and the atonement of sin thru Jesus.

We used to have a prayer that people could repeat after us, but are now more leaning towards letting them pray in their own time, between them and God without personal pressure.
We must let the Holy Spirit guide our approach...

Jude 1
17But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.