Help a sister out? I'm broken.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

marissamilkshake

Hey everyone. Im a devoted christian, 17 years old. I got myself emotionally attached(now repentant) to a christian guy who liked me but now wants another girl...who isnt even a christian. I tried to tell him how much it hurt me but he doesnt understand and thinks im judging him.I know it sounds silly, but it makes me feel like im not good enough and he promised to have eyes only for me....im really hurt and i was wondering if anyone could give me a word of encouragement or some scriptures to help me out...im really hurt. Please, if you have any wisdom or encouragement i need it.

Thanks,
-Marissa

P.S...I guess i was expecting to be someone's treasure, not a toy that you throw away.

G

Grey

Humans may abandon you but God will always love you :]

N

nanabean

Marissa.....

You ARE someone's treasure....God's!!!! Please, please.....don't settle for less than what God has planned for you! I know it is hard to be a teen, growing up in this day, and I don't have any magic words to make it all easier. All I can do, is offer you my prayers and my encouragemnet to make sure you are treating yourself as special as God sees you. Treasure yourself........don't let a dissappointment such as this set you on a topsy-turvy path. Just get up with determination, put your mind and soul into studies, sports or hobbies that will keep you busy and learning, and focused on YOU, and what YOU need to grow up healthy and strong in mind, body and spirit. We are each special, beautiful, and treasures each in our very own unique way...My prayers to you...God Bless!!!

N

NMsmile

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I know when I go over this verse I remember that God reminds me that he has a special plan for me.

K

karine___

well, i would think it's good it happened now because imagine if u had married! i would ask God to give me discernemnt to see the situation sensibly , not emotionally. God woudn't have for u someone that would hurt u (remmeber that u are already loved perfectly by Him and He wants always the best for u) .i think it only shows this guy wasnt really prepared to have a relationship in the first place, and trying to make him see he's hurt will only make u feel worse since he can't yet do it on his own. u are loved sis , Jesus' love is the only love we can really depend on in all times where we run to,our firm Rock, and it never fails! u can pm if u wish

R

Ramon

This was written for wives, but I think it would be well observed by future wives too.

1Pet 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
1Pet 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
1Pet 3:3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pet 3:4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
1Pet 3:5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:

Do you remember the Story of Esther?

T

TiaB45

Just know that no matter how bad it looks to us we have a heavenly that knows what is good for us. And if you love Him you must remember that all things work for the goo dof those who do love him. Be encouraged and don't worry about some guy, You have better and more important things to be concerned with I bet. Just consume yourself with God a He will soothe every ounce of pain that the guy may have caused. Be encouraged, and be prayerful that God will send you the man He made you especially for, I'm praying on it for me as well :)

Aug 2, 2009
Hey everyone. Im a devoted christian, 17 years old. I got myself emotionally attached(now repentant) to a christian guy who liked me but now wants another girl...who isnt even a christian. I tried to tell him how much it hurt me but he doesnt understand and thinks im judging him.I know it sounds silly, but it makes me feel like im not good enough and he promised to have eyes only for me....im really hurt and i was wondering if anyone could give me a word of encouragement or some scriptures to help me out...im really hurt. Please, if you have any wisdom or encouragement i need it.

Thanks,
-Marissa

P.S...I guess i was expecting to be someone's treasure, not a toy that you throw away.
Sorry you got dumped but that sort of thing happens a lot, though its not right. You just have to pick yourself up and move on. There are lots of nice boys out there who would love to make you feel special again.

G

GreenNnice

God treasures you, MM. IF you try your best to line your life up constantly daily hourly weekly always prayerfully to God who will then be helping direct your direction then its going to be a great life for you from Him. God DOES have just the right guy out there next for you, or, maybe, better way to put it, is God has the right next great thing for you to bring glory to Him(God). You mentioned you're repentant, and, yea, that is great. Pray and get over that guy, and, remember this: God's mercies are new every morning :)

God bless you, girl .

Last edited by a moderator: