Help!! Buying Bass Guitar

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RealGoodGuy

Hey guys, I need help in buying my first bass guitar. The only brands available in my country are Fender, Squier, Ibanez, Soundgear, Warick (if that's how you spell it) and Swing. I'm looking for a bass that is more suited to play funk because me and my friends are going to start a new genre of Christian music. Right now I'm using my friends Fender PBass but will need to return soon. Wish us luck!!:)

Lester,
BYF
Trips

Z

zaoman32

Ibanez Soundgears are very well made and super comfortable, they suit pretty much any style you want to play. I don't know how long you've been playing, but if it's your first one, I'd start with a Soundgear 300, or 200

Fender Jazz basses are also versatile. A Squire or Fender Jazz bass would work well I would think.

Warwick basses are made more for a heavy metal style of playing, I wouldn't recommend them.

Nov 25, 2012
aww... you're buying a bass guitar!! thats awesome... asked my dad one for my 20th birthday too... :p
anyway all the best finding a good one and starting a new genre of Christian music...and yes, I agree with zaoman32... a fender bass would be my choice.. :)

Z

zaoman32

I just got my first fender Jass, and it is quite amazing