help me please

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LovingtheLord

Hi guys, recently i've been feeling that God is far away, as if he has cut me off, or left me, can you pray for me please?

in advance thanks.

F

Fields001

I will indeed pray for you. Please remember that no matter how absent God seems, He is never far away and will never forsake you. He loves you more then you'll ever know on this side of eternity.

Adam

R

revelation21x1

If you are feeling like God is far away, that's a great time to get back to seeking Him again, as I have learned! Just like any relationship, you have to keep getting to know God daily. Stay reading his word. Romans 1:21 says “When they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened”, so oppositely, to stay full of God, glorify him, stay thankful, and keep thinking about what he has said in his word. I'm praying for you!

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I have seen the love you have for the Lord in all your post,sometimes it is his still small voice , when he says be still and know that i am God
Mabe he is going to move you to a higher level in him and he is wanting you to hear him and just sup with him a while, God bless you and Lord
let him know you are with him,fill him with your presence and love, in Jesus name amen

C

chich

I am feeling the same way... It's as if God has turned His back on me for some time now. I recently went thru a break up and he helped me through the crying, despair etc.. then again He helped me in finding another person, but this time it was so brief, and this guy left me rejected and alone. Now, I turn to the Lord for healing and blessing to help me to overcome both guys and feel anew, but it's as if I feel no change, no upliftment, no movement into the positive. I harp on my ill feelings most of the day and I pray earnestly to God, to let them go and I can't. I need a change, I need to feel loved by Him again and feeli like He is working in my favour, towards a more positive result. I need your prayers as well... :(

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
I am feeling the same way... It's as if God has turned His back on me for some time now. I recently went thru a break up and he helped me through the crying, despair etc.. then again He helped me in finding another person, but this time it was so brief, and this guy left me rejected and alone. Now, I turn to the Lord for healing and blessing to help me to overcome both guys and feel anew, but it's as if I feel no change, no upliftment, no movement into the positive. I harp on my ill feelings most of the day and I pray earnestly to God, to let them go and I can't. I need a change, I need to feel loved by Him again and feeli like He is working in my favour, towards a more positive result. I need your prayers as well... :(

Rejection can be a good thing, sometimes the Lord has way better plans than we can anticipate,
Change is good too, Lord move this person into their place in you with great joy and a bright future,
in Jesus name amen

L

LovingtheLord

I do love God, i pray this is to get me closer to him, i felt i was utterly cast off for good, thanks for your prayers guys.

J

jimsun

Of course my thoughts & prayers will be with you, Lovingthelord.
As has been said 'though, your God will not be far away from you - Take from someone who has "Been there, done it & got the tee-shirt"!
Think of your situation a bit like your God is doing a jigsaw. You are the picture on his box & what is happening now is but one piece being fitted to others.
God bless

shemaiah

Jan 28, 2011
My suggestion: draw closer to God and He will draw closer to you (James 4:8)
Go to wherever you like praying and praising God and just praise Him there...

S

shekaniah

Praying in agreement for everyone to be Spiritually filled! Lord pour out your spirit in this place!!! May we all be saturated with Your presence Jesus!

May we be so overflowing with you Lord...that every where we go...we leave some of you behind for others to soak up.

In Jesus name Amen

L

LynnJ

Sometimes the Lord can seem so far away. In the middle of troubles or loneliness, God seems beyond our reach. I have found that when I focus more on my situation, I end up sinking into despair. This reminds me of the story in Matthew 14 when Peter saw Jesus walking on the water and he wanted to join Him. Jesus invited Peter to come to Him, and Peter stepped out of the boat and walked on the water toward the Lord. But then he began focusing on the storm and the rising waves around him, and he began to sink. He had taken his focus off the Lord and put it onto his surroundings, and the waves started pulling him under. But when he focused his attention back onto the Lord and cried out to Jesus to save him, Jesus reached out his hand and did just that.

I believe this story is included in the Bible to encourage us when we are surrounded by life's storms. When our focus is on the things that are wrong in our lives, we become consumed by our problems, troubles are all we see, and we sink into the waves of despair. But when we cry out to Jesus, spending time focusing more on Him than on our problems, that is when our problems no longer have such a tight hold on us. They lose their power over us. When we spend more time in our prayers praising God for who He is, thanking Him for things He has done for us, reading and meditating on His Word, singing spiritual songs, praying for others, etc., rather than only petitioning God to meet our needs or complaining to Him about our problems, then those issues in our lives can be put into proper perspective.

The Bible tells us to magnify the Lord. We need to do that for very good reason, for whatever we magnify becomes larger. When we place an ant under a magnifying glass, that tiny creature can look huge. When we place our problems under our emotional magnifying glass, they seem larger than life, so big and insurmountable. BUT, when we magnify Jesus, He becomes all that we see. Our problems shrink in comparison to Jesus, and we can see them in proper perspective. When we spend time in His presence, He can calm us down so that we can think and see things more clearly. Have you ever been so upset that you couldn’t think or see anything clearly, but then a family member or friend spent some time with you, speaking softly and gently, and helped soothe and calm you. Then you were able to tackle the matter at hand from a better frame of mind.

Problems don’t just disappear, but God walks with us through hard times, guiding us so that we can eventually find solutions. He also sends brothers and sisters to encourage us along the way. I just want to encourage you to keep your focus upward, allowing God to fill you with peace, and you’ll be amazed at how He brings you through these struggles and how you will be able to sense His Spirit with you.

C

cherish

sometimes, we felt that when things doesn't going right. But always remember that god wouldn't leave us nor forsake us that's his promise. GOD is omnipresent.GOD is the same yesterday, today and forever. just maintain a close walk to GOD.Talk with HIM. read his word etc. you know i was reminded of a story its entitled FOOTPRINTS its linked to your experienced (MAYBE) its said that their was a man who always walk on the seaside and there he saw an another footprints and that footprints was from God. But during the troubled times in His life he noticed one foot prints, which is his footprints and then he started asking the lord he said LORD, where are you, why do you forsake me? and then suddenly he heard a powerful voice that said child my precious, precious child by the time you did not seen another footprints IT WAS THEN THAT I CARRIED YOU!!............... brother just do your part to GOD, GOD wants us to first draw to him and then HE WILL DRAW TO YOU. HE said in HIs word that HE IS A GOOD SHEPHERD if one sheep is lost he will leave the 99 sheep and seek the one sheep who is lost . That's how GOD loves us maybe some people wont understand you, me and all of us but GOD understand us. GOD BLESS YOU AND MORE POWER!!!...........

W

woodl

Hi guys, recently i've been feeling that God is far away, as if he has cut me off, or left me, can you pray for me please?

in advance thanks.
God Will never leave you nor forsake you, I know that you know this but satan will always try to make you feel otherwise. Satan has such a mighty pull on our young people. Whenever you stumble Jesus will be there with his hand out to help you back up. We need our young people in a mighty way. God bless you in your walk with Christ.
Omighty God I lift up my brother to you in a mighty way. Give him Lord a touch from heaven and let him know that you care and that you will always be there. In the name of Jesus, amen

D

dysypl

Father God I pray for lovingTheLord, that he will remember why he converted to Christianity and keep the faith. That he will return to praising your ways and encouraging others to reach out to your everlasting help and guidance. amen

L

LovingtheLord

Guys things changed so drastically about a week ago it was all good, then like 2 days ago i felt like something left me, i feel i've become a reprobate.

I pray God forgives me and helps me with this -

Last edited:
L

LynnJ

Will continue to pray for you, LovingtheLord. But I do wonder why you feel that you've become a reprobate? Have you rejected God?

S

sinnomorePTL

Dear Brother Eliot, God never abandons us. Once you have asked Him to become your Savior, forgive your sins, He is with you from that time on. Salvation is not a feeling, it is a fact. Faith is a gift from God. Merely ask God to please increase your faith to overwhelming, He will not fail you.

Dear Lord Jesus, I ask you right now, lay your hands on Brother Eliot, cast all doubting spirits from him, grant him the gift of faith overwhelming, fill him with peace, tranquility and joy, this I ask in Jesus name, Amen.

Love in Jesus Christ

brother Gary

in advance thanks.