HELP ME!! PLS.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

Hail2theking

People at school are making fun of me for being a christian, What do I do?

I

iliveforHim

Pray for them.

Welcome to Christian Chat. I'm so glad you're here... :)

Dec 4, 2009
you say i may be a christian at least im not a ****

S

soldierofchrist4ever24

Well it comes with the territory, Just pray for patience, Grace, and love. And read up on the epistles they will really speak to you. in Christ, Brother Travis.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
I say pray for them as well, and know that you are the good one, this is what Christ speaks about when he said that, people will persercute you, but Jesus said we are to repay evil with good. you are his daughter, and they are the seed of the devil; it is not flesh and blood that hate us, it is satan.. so be happy about for if you was not a child of God then they would not bother you, because then you would know you are a child of the devil. it is not you they hate ; it's the Christ in you. the light that shine through you is the light of the Lord and it will irritate the devils in them.. to much power... and it hurts them ( devils ) when they come anywhere near it. and also they devil will cause people to treat you bad, to discourage you. He is hoping you will want to be like other people in order to get you to walk away from the Lord who loves you so much and will bless you with soooooo much that none of them that persacute you can have. this is why we must pray for them; for their salvation, because if someone is used by the devil that means they belong to him, which we know will lead to hell. and you may be the only Jesus they see. SO LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE.. never feel bad when people talk about you.. it lets us know, " yep I am saved; surely I am a child of God", it is like confirmation the Christ Jesus dwells in you by his Holy Spirit. God say that he will condemn every tongue that rises up against you.... the bible tells us that we are to pray for them, and if they thirst, give them something to drink, and if they be hungry, feed them, and in your doing so.. will bring heaps of coals upon their heads... He said that troulbes will come, but woe to him that it comes THROUGH, trouble is the enemy.. and who ever he uses to bring that trouble, God said woe to him. and the last; God said that revenge is mine I WILL REPAY! so love them, and pray God have mercy on them, always forgiving, as Jesus did and Stephen, as well as the other Apostles who was beaten, stone, and nailed to a cross.. they asked God to forgive them FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO. so I say welcome to CC and know that we love you. and be strong in the Lord and the power of his might.
you sister and friend in Christ, for friends in Christ are friend forever.

Feb 27, 2007
If it is really bad, to the point where you feel no way out... enduring persecution is all well and good unless you are having soooo much anxiety over school and having thoughts of suicide because of this. (satan seems to be attacking wonderful christians in this way.) If this is the case POSITIVELY absolutely as hard as it will be ask your parents to have you removed from the situation and pursue your studies in a different environment. If its a manageable problem that you can deal with do pray for them & tell them that when they persecute you. Just say, you know what I'm sorry for you a hater & I will pray for you to know the endless love of the Lord. Do you have christian friends in school? My heart goes out to you young man & I will pray for your situation. My son is dealing with this in his school as well. He's in grade 4. I've told him he has all the power in the situation and if it gets unbearable he just needs to say the word & we'll take him out of that school. Anyway I just pray amazing Christian fellowship for you in and out of school & know that Christ is cool!!!! tooo cool! and he's with you in all of it so pray for the right words for each individual. If it escalates I would also involve the school & see if they have ideas of things you can do together to eliminate this problem with out creating additional stress for you. Blessed are you for you are persecuted because of the Lord... bet you dont feel very blessed at times do you, but indeed you are! Good on you for standing up for the Lord and letting your faith show among your peers... what an amazing young man!

S

Stronghold

Hey 2theKing,

I understand that it has to be very difficult when other people are making fun of you for being a christian. What I would like to say is: be and stay yourself. You stand for what you stand for and I think that is very good of you. I also want to say something else. When Jesus walked on this earth, people didn't like Him either. Thay talked bad about Him, not many people liked Him and they even hung Him at a cross. So He knows how it feels when people make fun of you. He has been there too. Did Jesus changed Himself for other people? No, He didn't. He stayed Himself and He stood for the things He stood for. He is your big example AND your God. If you stay in Him, He will stay in you and He will let you know what to say and what attitude to have. Keep talking to Him and stay focussed and He will get you through and remember, when we go a low way, we will get stronger out of it!

Stronghold

M

midnight_beauty

well all i can say is ignore them and dont let it get to u..

L

lighthousejohn

Pray for them! Ask them if there is something specific that you can pray about on their behalf.

Find other Christian student to become friends with and to seek encouragement from.

Ask God for strength and His covering as you stand in the gap for them.

This will be difficult for you without God's help and the fellowship of others, so hang in there.

Wait for God to answer your prayers.

You are iin my prayers.

God bless you!

R

RubberDuckie

I used to get made fun of all the time, never it never stopped me from witnessing and debating for the Lord.I went along and laughed at their jokes but prayed for them. Prayer is effective and I recall we are to count our suffering for Jesus as joy. (=
Stay strong! And welcome to Christian Chat! <3

I

iliveforHim

Hi Hail,

it's me again...please post an update on how things are going with you at school. I've been thinking about your situation, and I'm hoping you'll let us all know how everything is going. :)

God Bless you!

Ingrid

Dec 19, 2009
They have their mean-spirited jokes, but you have peace of mind. They are happy for a few seconds, but you can be happy all day long. Avoid them as much as you can.